Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Dark Shock emerald with sound non illuminated AV/switch  (Read 1040 times)
Therom
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 2

Do or do not, there is no try

« on: May 08, 2014, 09:12:28 AM »

I am the lucky winner of a Dark Shock with sound, 2 channel emerald board (R+G) and non-illuminated AV switch.
The Dark Shock has really impressed me SOOOO MUCHHHH, so here is a short review of this hilt.

Du to my martial arts background I was a little bit sceptical about what I felt to be bulky  hilts.
And I have to say that UltraSabers has changed my mind.... thedark shock fit perfectly in hand. The balande is very good and you can play and swing the blade with no efforts.
The finishes are very impressive.
The dark and chromed parts looks very good and the hilt is very robust.
To have a complete modulare hilt with MHS emitter and po mmel gives somany customization for customisation that I allready have a lot of ideas of things to test with the dark shock.

The Emeral driver work fine.
The R+G options are not my favorite but it gave me the option to play with the emerald features, and that is perfect.
IMHO if you go for emerald with 2 LEDs, you can have good contrast for FOC but you will not take a great use of the pulse function.
If I have the possibilitiy, I think that I will upgrade or change the MLS module (it doesn't have QD so it may be a little bit tricky).... but guys, here I am speaking of personnal tastes! The truth is that it is just superb!

Thanks you very much ultrasabers, this raffle is wonderfull.

Here are some pictures.
I have fitted an initiate MG blade to play with the hilt at home.

thehilt is very nice

the pommel is nice. Nothing extravagant here. I like it for it simplicity. I switched it with an archon pommel I had at hand and it is fine too. But at the hand the shock pommel is what I used for the moment.
The soundis fine with this pommel and with a standard MG blade the balance is good with it.

The saber has a very good ergonomy and the grip is very good. You can swing it one or two handed without problems as the covertec wheel is set low on the hilt.

For those a little bit on the "technical side", here is a look at the disassembled hilt.

For the moment the color of the hilt has been set to Red. Green is very good to my tast, but my son stole me this hilt and ask for a red blade.... As I realy enjoy thishilt I wonder if I won't have to get a second one.... I think my son shall be commissioned somehow by US Smiley

the blade is very bright with either UE or standard MG blade.
Here with standard MG in daylight

To be honnest this pictures don't give justice to the color. It is very bright and very red.

In the dark you may have a better feel on the light generated by the blade. Just look at the distance illuminated on the floor.

I shall take some time to make a short video in the months to come.

jabiscaro
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 26

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2014, 01:10:10 PM »

Awesome saber!!! Congrats!!!!

Owned:
Aeon V3 with Sound in BR
Dominix V2 in GB
Initiate V3 in VA
Dark Initiate V4 with sound in CG
Dark Apprentice V4 with sound in Tri GB
Apprentice V4 LE in FO