Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: 3.0 Board problems.  (Read 7429 times)
Destroyed Llama
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 2

« on: February 22, 2013, 03:03:35 AM »

I just got in a new Reaper. Downloaded the 3.0 launcher. Every time I try to change the sound fonts, It tells me "Device Configuration Failed" I've tried all the suggestions in the help menu. I have the 3.0.3 launcher. There's a thread that says 3.0.4 is available, but whenever I download it, it still gives me 3.0.3. I have no idea what to do to fix this problem. Any suggestions?

You say "Serial Killer" like it's a bad thing...

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 04:02:43 AM »

I just got in a new Reaper. Downloaded the 3.0 launcher. Every time I try to change the sound fonts, It tells me "Device Configuration Failed" I've tried all the suggestions in the help menu. I have the 3.0.3 launcher. There's a thread that says 3.0.4 is available, but whenever I download it, it still gives me 3.0.3. I have no idea what to do to fix this problem. Any suggestions?

3.0.4 is on the inside of the zip file named 3.0.3, so I think you have the right version. If you install the program and click Help -> About, you can see what version it is. If it isn't the correct version, you'll have to uninstall the program with the Uninstall/Change Program link in My Computer. When done, reboot, then try reinstalling 3.0.4. You should be good after that.

When you turn on the saber, then plug in the USB cord, the lightsaber icon in the top right of the launcher window should look like it's glowing. Is that happening? If so, you should be ready to install some fonts. Please let us know how it went!

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

Destroyed Llama
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 04:58:20 AM »

I unistalled an reinstalled the program a couple times and everything works fine now. As for why it didn't work the first 2 times? Aliens.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 05:25:56 AM by Destroyed Llama » Logged

You say "Serial Killer" like it's a bad thing...

Deep
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 701

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 05:28:51 AM »

This problem typically occurs when you don't have every sound bank properly filled with a .lsu sound file and then try to upload onto the soundboard.  Please make sure you properly configure every slot before you tell the launcher to upload to the soundboard.

Emory "Deep" Harris
www.ultrasabers.com

Wade Vox
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -10

RIP. AnM

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 02:43:43 AM »

I'm having the same problem, can you explain it to me very slowly. I am horrible at computers. I reinstalled it but no luck. Help.

Dark side points only please

JapzLapeno
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 52

Enemies strengthen you. Allies weaken.

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2013, 06:16:13 AM »

Also having the same problem.  All sound slots are filled, memory doesn't look like it's past halfway, it's properly connected.  When i used the program to disconnect from and reconnect to the device, it kept saying it lost the connection to the device, and i was unable to turn on the saber and had to remove and replace a battery to reboot it before trying again and the program still gave me the error.

"I am Grey. I stand between the candle and the star. We are Grey. We stand between the darkness and the light."

Deep
Administrator
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2013, 05:57:00 PM »

Make sure you go through each and every sound bank and actually put a font in there.  The pre-existing fonts that fill the slots need to be replaced, even if it is with the same font.  Just make sure that you put something in every sound bank and it should resolve the issue for you.

Emory "Deep" Harris
www.ultrasabers.com

Wade Vox
Knight Sergeant

RIP. AnM

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2013, 11:07:09 PM »

I have done that yet still says configuration failed

Gilgamesh
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -3

Me, Halloween 2012 If appropriate..dark point plz

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2013, 05:05:37 AM »

Same prob......device config failed error

Gilgamesh
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -3

Me, Halloween 2012 If appropriate..dark point plz

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2013, 05:15:37 AM »

I just noticed there's room for 12 sounds in the lockup sound catagory....i put the same sound in 12 times and got it all working

Wade Vox
Knight Sergeant

RIP. AnM

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2013, 10:14:37 PM »

Didn't work for me Sad

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2013, 10:20:23 PM »

Didn't work for me Sad

It might be a bit of a pain, but have you tried uninstalling the 3.0.4 launcher, rebooting, and trying a fresh install, this time installing as administrator? That might free something up. A fresh install of any software is usually a good thing to try when nothing else seems to work. Please let us know!

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

Wade Vox
Knight Sergeant

RIP. AnM

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2013, 11:25:28 PM »

How do I install as a administrator I tried reinstalling but didn't reboot trying again to night.

Deep
Administrator
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2013, 11:43:36 PM »

How do I install as a administrator I tried reinstalling but didn't reboot trying again to night.

Wade, please uninstall ALL versions of the Obsidian Launcher.  Then restart your computer.  Then download the new v3.0.4 in the link in this thread: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=11988.0  Then install it.  Then RIGHT click on it and click run as administrator.

Then before you attempt to download a soundfont to the saber PLEASE be sure that all the soundbanks are filled and that YOU have filled them, don't leave whatever was already there, replace it, even if it is with the same font.  Do these things and I assure you this issue will be resolved.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 01:54:32 AM by Deep » Logged

Emory "Deep" Harris
www.ultrasabers.com

Wade Vox
Knight Sergeant

RIP. AnM

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2013, 02:03:41 PM »

Thank you

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print