Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Brightness question?  (Read 1394 times)
Exilium
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -34

I am neither light nor dark

« on: October 25, 2016, 04:15:48 AM »

Ok so how bright is the tri Arctic blue actually? Is it comparable to the Tri silver?

Feel the Force within you!
~Apprentice LE v4 - Tri Green
~Prophecy v3 - RGBW Emerald Driver

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 05:05:56 AM »

Ok so how bright is the tri Arctic blue actually? Is it comparable to the Tri silver?

I don't have a TRI-Silver to compare against, but I do have the TRI-Arctic Blue and Tri-Consular Green, and I think it's extremely full, bright and just a deep, gorgeous oceanic type of blue.  Here's some pics and a short vid of my Dark Prophecy V3 with TRI-Arctic Blue:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiY39yc7Nbk&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiY39yc7Nbk&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Exilium
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 05:13:35 AM »

Thank you! It's a beautiful color! Now to decide weather to get it on the regular prophecy or the dark.

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2016, 05:19:40 AM »

Thank you! It's a beautiful color! Now to decide weather to get it on the regular prophecy or the dark.
Oh I'd definitely recommend the Dark Prophecy for this color.  The darker hilt really makes this color POP.  Add a red illuminated black AV switch, and it's an awesome package.  Still, you can't go wrong with the silver Prophecy either - it's one of the best hilts ever, but I think the black hilt with the blue color is an excellent contrast.

A quote from Master Nero Attoru when I first posted pictures of my new Dark Prophecy V3 with the TRI-Arctic Blue, where he brought up an interesting point:
"Definitely works for the saber.  I was really happy I went with the Dark version as well, I do really enjoy "light side" blade colors with darker hilts."

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2016, 12:12:37 PM »

Yup, something about light side colors on dark hilts that just looks awesome to me.  I'm still wondering what they use for their Tri-AB though... BBG maybe?

Lord Japarco
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 479

Keep your concentration here and now,...

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2016, 12:29:47 PM »

I don't have a TRI-Silver to compare against, but I do have the TRI-Arctic Blue and Tri-Consular Green, and I think it's extremely full, bright and just a deep, gorgeous oceanic type of blue.  Here's some pics and a short vid of my Dark Prophecy V3 with TRI-Arctic Blue:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiY39yc7Nbk&feature=youtu.be

This Dark prophecy is looking cooler everyday...great pics.+1

http://s1074.photobucket.com/user/Japarco/media/Sentinel%20V4/ffc14996-49bb-425b-9122-f4cd848e3103_zpszdtmyzgk.jpg.html
My Lightsabers:
Sentinel V4 - Tri Consular Green - Obsidian V4
The Guardian - Guardian Blue - Silver Flash on Clash - Obsidian V3 (2nd Summer Raffle 2016 2nd Place Prize)
Wife's Lightsaber: Prophecy V3 - Arctic Blue - Obsidian V3

Lord Japarco
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2016, 12:35:16 PM »

It will look fantastic with the silver version too...it will have a kinda Anakin Skywalker feel to it, you can't go wrong with any of them, it will depend on what color for the hilt YOU like more... sorry I didn't want to get you into this situation...lol, you can always buy both of them...lol

http://s1074.photobucket.com/user/Japarco/media/Sentinel%20V4/ffc14996-49bb-425b-9122-f4cd848e3103_zpszdtmyzgk.jpg.html
My Lightsabers:
The Guardian - Guardian Blue - Silver Flash on Clash - Obsidian V3 (2nd Summer Raffle 2016 2nd Place Prize)

Exilium
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2016, 01:03:18 PM »

It will look fantastic with the silver version too...it will have a kinda Anakin Skywalker feel to it, you can't go wrong with any of them, it will depend on what color for the hilt YOU like more... sorry I didn't want to get you into this situation...lol, you can always buy both of them...lol
Yupp thats my plan, Anakins attack of the clones saber was my favorite childhood saber, i'm probably goinf to get the normal silver in Tri AB and the Dark with a Tri Silver blade.
Yup, something about light side colors on dark hilts that just looks awesome to me.
So true though!

Lord Japarco
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2016, 06:32:54 PM »

Yupp thats my plan, Anakins attack of the clones saber was my favorite childhood saber, i'm probably goinf to get the normal silver in Tri AB and the Dark with a Tri Silver blade.So true though!
Ok, that sounds very cool. You can also buy some grips from TCSS to stick on the handle, there are also some that you can screw on, but you need to drill the holes on the hilt for those...check them out...

My Lightsabers:

Exilium
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2016, 06:34:05 PM »

Ok, that sounds very cool. You can also buy some grips from TCSS to stick on the handle, there are also some that you can screw on, but you need to drill the holes on the hilt for those...check them out...
Ooh that sounds like a fantastic idea!

Lord Japarco
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2016, 06:40:07 PM »

Ooh that sounds like a fantastic idea!
Yes! And they are quite cheap..., they also have activation boxes, and all bits and pieces to do mods...MHS compatible emitters(blade holders), pommels, extensions, choke points, etc...

My Lightsabers:

Lord Japarco
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2016, 06:54:16 PM »

Oh! And I forgot the D-rings,... So if you are getting the grips, you will have to remove the covertec wheel ( no big deal, just unscrews off), and that way you can screw on a D-ring like Anakin's/Vader's hilt has on one of the emitters thumb screw... That would also be cool...

My Lightsabers:

Exilium
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2016, 03:20:21 AM »

Yes! And they are quite cheap..., they also have activation boxes, and all bits and pieces to do mods...MHS compatible emitters(blade holders), pommels, extensions, choke points, etc...
Oh! And I forgot the D-rings,... So if you are getting the grips, you will have to remove the covertec wheel ( no big deal, just unscrews off), and that way you can screw on a D-ring like Anakin's/Vader's hilt has on one of the emitters thumb screw... That would also be cool...
You my friend have just inspired me! I thank you!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: