Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
Author Topic: Can we have some LOVE for Ultrasabers xXx  (Read 17113 times)
StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 91

Light always casts shadow/Darkness defines light!

« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2020, 06:39:19 AM »

How about a recent US tale? I ordered my fourth MB last week. It shipped the next day! It was supposed to be here on Saturday the 15th, but it never left the fed ex sorting facility that morning to make it on the delivery truck. But that’s beside the point...don’t mind waiting a couple of extra days. And though I haven’t gotten a MB with sound yet, I’ve been very pleased with the choice of hilts. I really can’t always collect, so I’m off and on, and I’ll probably get to the point where I have too many stunt sabers after a while...so if that happens I’ll need to start learning to install some of them, or sell any potential duplicates to buy more Smiley

Haven’t had a duplicates yet, BTW. Looking forward to the next one. Unless I luck into something with sound or higher end I’m kinda hoping for a V5 initiate or Sentinel...preferably an LE. Light side or dark, doesn’t really matter. Been seeing several in MBs lately and really just becoming infatuated with the look of those. As long as I’m wishing, a nice fore orange blade would look amazing on those. Y’know, every MB I’ve gotten so far has been guardian blue. It’s like the force is strong with that color!

Saber Arsenal:
$75 MB: Liberator GB Stunt Saber
Electrum Wind FO Lite Sound
Chosen One SE BR Lite Sound (Forthcoming)
$75 MB: ? (Forthcoming)
Grab bag saber: ? Fall Raffle 2018 4th prize (Forthcoming)

Most Wanted: Graflex CE, Chosen One CE, Prophecy, Archon 3.1 That would be a good start Smiley

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #61 on: February 17, 2020, 11:59:54 AM »

Glad you're having a good experience as well, SD. It's normally the shipping company that I have a problem with myself but that's not US's fault.  I'm not a fan of most shipping companies any ways.

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2020, 03:09:38 PM »

Glad you're having a good experience as well, SD. It's normally the shipping company that I have a problem with myself but that's not US's fault.  I'm not a fan of most shipping companies any ways.

Agreed. Although the last fedex update said it would be delivered on the 18th, but it’s on the truck for delivery today.

I’ve never had a bad experience with US. I only made changes to an order once and Marlena was right on it...as well as being a wizard with any other questions I had. We chatted about the holiday rush one time and she said she watched my unboxing vids, as she does with many customers because she likes to place a face with the person. The folks who have ordered for the first time during this “Ultra” busy period, really haven’t seen the norm. US is a really great company and you deal with real people who seem to know their job and care about the quality of service.

Saber Arsenal:

Most Wanted: Graflex CE, Chosen One CE, Prophecy, Archon 3.1 That would be a good start Smiley

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2020, 05:59:43 PM »

^ I've been a customer with US for 7yrs and I've had that kind of quality service up to this day.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

rosaferri
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -16

Darth Lamia Octavia [Dark/Grey Force Assassin!]

« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2020, 06:09:21 PM »

Never have I once heard a company acknowledge a specific aspect of an individual customer like that.

I love democracy small businesses like that.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Arsenal:
"Padawan's Fire" - CG D Initiate V2
"The Holy Relic" - BH Grand Master LE

Wishlist:
D Apprentice V5 SY
D Mantis AV
Consular SRD
Azure Fallen FO

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2020, 11:50:41 PM »

Never have I once heard a company acknowledge a specific aspect of an individual customer like that.

I love democracy small businesses like that.

It really makes a difference. Especially in the world of “bigger, faster, & less personal.” So when the longtime customers are reluctant to have US hire more people and upgrade to automated tech...this is why. No one wants to lose that aspect Smiley

Saber Arsenal:

rosaferri
Knight Officer

« Reply #66 on: February 18, 2020, 12:03:33 AM »

It really makes a difference. Especially in the world of “bigger, faster, & less personal.” So when the longtime customers are reluctant to have US hire more people and upgrade to automated tech...this is why. No one wants to lose that aspect Smiley
I think they definitely should implement things that assist them and hire staff on certain departments during rushes, but I don't think that culture can be lost if it's kept dear to the people in CS.

I think it's such an excellent thing to do. I don't think their customer service system should be automated for this reason. Hiring more people who love to put faces to names and get to know their customers is something I'd love to see.

I'd love to see more manual detailed updates on the processing of an order, which will hopefully save them the headache that is the flood of emails asking the same questions. It gives them more time to work with matters that matter a bit more than "It's been 3 days, where's my lightsaber". Other than that, though, there's not much I'd suggest. They shouldn't automate the building process in my opinion; I think it's so cool to think my saber was built by a real, living person.

Arsenal:

Wishlist:
D Apprentice V5 SY
D Mantis AV
Consular SRD
Azure Fallen FO

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

« Reply #67 on: February 18, 2020, 01:38:40 AM »

I think they definitely should implement things that assist them and hire staff on certain departments during rushes, but I don't think that culture can be lost if it's kept dear to the people in CS.

I think it's such an excellent thing to do. I don't think their customer service system should be automated for this reason. Hiring more people who love to put faces to names and get to know their customers is something I'd love to see.

I'd love to see more manual detailed updates on the processing of an order, which will hopefully save them the headache that is the flood of emails asking the same questions. It gives them more time to work with matters that matter a bit more than "It's been 3 days, where's my lightsaber". Other than that, though, there's not much I'd suggest. They shouldn't automate the building process in my opinion; I think it's so cool to think my saber was built by a real, living person.

In that respect, it could certainly work...provided they found the right people. And you would think with so many SW fans that if someone asked if they wanted to work in a lightsaber factory, they would jump at the opportunity and love their job. But when dealing with people, it’s never that easy. I used to live near a fairly famous art school run by people in the graphic arts and comic book field—in which I worked. Most people went to this school because of their love for comics, which has just as strong of a fan base as most dedicated SWs fans. So it would seem like a breeze to find artists who were skilled, and hungry enough to ink lines for buildings and cityscapes, or other simple background details if the local artists got busy and needed to hire temp assistants. This was, after all, a potential pathway to their dream job, right?

How it worked out in reality was they usually seemed eager enough, but the dedication and mindsets varied to such a degree that we were lucky to find a few out of several hundred over the years I lived there who were dedicated and professional enough not to waste more time dealing with that it was time saving. One guy sat around all night talking to the other artists in the studio and did almost nothing, yet expected to be paid the same as the rest. Another would get this look every time you tried to tell him what you needed him to do and say, “Say no more. I get it.” He never did. The thing I learned is, this wasn’t their work, and it wasn’t steady work, so that really effected their dedication factor even though it presented an opportunity.

The good one’s never lasted long. They wanted to learn everything and quickly found work of their own once they got a foot in the door. But the thing about human nature is we have such a wide range of looking at the same things, a good fit is often tough when you’re small and looking to strive for a certain quality. Even when you’re willing to take them under your wing and give them a boost. Granted, that’s a little different than answering phones, but is dealing with irate people easier?

Not to say it couldn’t be done at US. Provided they got consistent enough orders to make it worth while to hire more full time associates. Otherwise they’re looking for temporary workers as well. And that lowers the bar for finding dedicated workers when they may be looking for another job after the busy season ends.

Hopefully this doesn’t get deleted, since I’m not actually talking about the “business” of US. Because I have no idea what their future plans may be. Just stating my own experience and that there are so many factors in small business. Cash flow can be a feast one day and famine the next. So you plan very carefully—and hopefully smartly—based on the consistency and grow accordingly Smiley

Saber Arsenal:

rosaferri
Knight Officer

« Reply #68 on: February 18, 2020, 01:42:43 AM »

In that respect, it could certainly work...provided they found the right people. And you would think with so many SW fans that if someone asked if they wanted to work in a lightsaber factory, they would jump at the opportunity and love their job. But when dealing with people, it’s never that easy. I used to live near a fairly famous art school run by people in the graphic arts and comic book field—which i worked. Most people went to this school because of their love for comics, which has just as strong of a fan base as most dedicated SWs fans. So it would seem like a breeze to find artists who were skilled, and hungry enough to ink lines for buildings and cityscapes, or other simple background details if the local artists got busy and needed to hire an temp assistant. This was, after all, a potential pathway to their dream job, right?

How it worked out in reality was they usually seemed eager enough, but the dedication and mindsets varied to such a degree that we were lucky to find a few out of several hundred over the years I lived there who was dedicated and professional enough not to waste more time dealing with that it was time saving. One guy sat around all night talking to the other artists in the studio and did almost nothing, yet expected to be paid the same as the rest. Another would get this look every time you tried to tell him what you needed him to do and say, “Say no more. I get it.” He never did. The thing I learned it, this wasn’t their work, and it wasn’t steady work, so that really effected their dedication factor even though it presented an opportunity.

The good one’s never lasted long. They wanted to learn everything and quickly found work of their own. But the thing about human nature is we have such a wide range of looking at the same things, a good fit is often tough when you’re small and looking to strive for a certain quality. Even when you’re willing to take them under your wing and give them a boost. Granted, that’s a little different than answering phones, but is dealing with irate people easier?

Not to say it couldn’t be done at US. Provided they got consistent enough orders to make it worth while to hire more full time associates. Otherwise they’re looking for temporary workers as well. And that lowers the bar for finding dedicated workers when they may be looking for another job after the busy season ends.

Hopefully this doesn’t get deleted, since I’m not actually talking about the “business” of US. Because i have no idea what their future plans may be.  Just stating my own experience and that there are so many factors in small business. Cash flow can be a feast one day and famine the next. So you plan very smart carefully based on the consistency and grow accordingly Smiley
I understand entirely! Thanks for your insight. Here's to hoping for quality growth from US.

Arsenal:

Wishlist:
D Apprentice V5 SY
D Mantis AV
Consular SRD
Azure Fallen FO

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

« Reply #69 on: February 18, 2020, 01:46:12 AM »

I understand entirely! Thanks for your insight. Here's to hoping for quality growth from US.

Indeed  Smiley

Saber Arsenal:

Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 181

« Reply #70 on: February 18, 2020, 02:28:43 AM »

In that respect, it could certainly work...provided they found the right people. And you would think with so many SW fans that if someone asked if they wanted to work in a lightsaber factory, they would jump at the opportunity and love their job. But when dealing with people, it’s never that easy. I used to live near a fairly famous art school run by people in the graphic arts and comic book field—in which I worked. Most people went to this school because of their love for comics, which has just as strong of a fan base as most dedicated SWs fans. So it would seem like a breeze to find artists who were skilled, and hungry enough to ink lines for buildings and cityscapes, or other simple background details if the local artists got busy and needed to hire temp assistants. This was, after all, a potential pathway to their dream job, right?

How it worked out in reality was they usually seemed eager enough, but the dedication and mindsets varied to such a degree that we were lucky to find a few out of several hundred over the years I lived there who were dedicated and professional enough not to waste more time dealing with that it was time saving. One guy sat around all night talking to the other artists in the studio and did almost nothing, yet expected to be paid the same as the rest. Another would get this look every time you tried to tell him what you needed him to do and say, “Say no more. I get it.” He never did. The thing I learned is, this wasn’t their work, and it wasn’t steady work, so that really effected their dedication factor even though it presented an opportunity.

The good one’s never lasted long. They wanted to learn everything and quickly found work of their own once they got a foot in the door. But the thing about human nature is we have such a wide range of looking at the same things, a good fit is often tough when you’re small and looking to strive for a certain quality. Even when you’re willing to take them under your wing and give them a boost. Granted, that’s a little different than answering phones, but is dealing with irate people easier?

Hopefully this doesn’t get deleted, since I’m not actually talking about the “business” of US. Because I have no idea what their future plans may be. Just stating my own experience and that there are so many factors in small business. Cash flow can be a feast one day and famine the next. So you plan very carefully—and hopefully smartly—based on the consistency and grow accordingly Smiley

I'd love to work in a "lightsaber factory".  I will be early retirement eligible in seven years (at the young age of 54).  If US is still around, I might apply for a job there.  I'm pretty good at soldering and know the difference between all the saber parts.  And, I know how to deal with irate customers (sadly, teaching these days is sometimes more about CS than imparting knowledge).

Household US Arsenal:
# = STUNT; % = OBSIDIAN LITE; ~ = OBSIDIAN V4; * = DIAMOND
Mine:
# Dark Apprentice LE v4: BR; # Dark Sentinel LE v4: TRI BR; # Dominix v3: PO; # Dorinian: TRI AB; # Frankensaber - BR; # Initiate v2: GB; # Liberator v3: TRI CG; % Archon 3.1: TRI CG; ~ Consular: TRI CG; ~ Dark Initiate LE v5: TRI FO; ~ Guardian: TRI GB; * Menace; * Monarch

Wife’s:
# Aeon V2: VA; # Dominix V2: BH; # Initiate V2: GB; # Prophecy v3: TRI GB; ~ Graflex SE: TRI GB; ~ Spectre: TRI GB; * Fulcrum; * Lost Grey

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 602

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #71 on: February 19, 2020, 01:27:01 AM »

I have been a customer of Ultra Sabers for 5 yrs now. Between my son and I we have 25 Ultra sabers, plus 3 more that were gifts. None of them have had any major issues at all. Maybe a stuck battery pack or a bad battery but that's it. Easy fix. But the quality has been very good. (Unlike the other guys). They all arrived in a timely manor. That being said I don't order when there is a movie coming out because I know that they will be swamped. Ultra Sabers has a customer for life here.  Grin  MTFBWY!
Those of us who have been customers here for any length of time know that US customer service is much better than most places. Keep up the good work!

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Exile in CG w/sd and silver foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebie)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Dark Initiate V2 in GB (freebie)
 Franken saber in VA
 Dominix LE V2 in BR (friend)
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd and

Greywalker83
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 60

« Reply #72 on: February 19, 2020, 02:08:12 AM »

Yeah they’ve treated me very well. Granted all my sabers were purchased in 2014 and nothing till now and while I still have yet to hear back on a couple of emails I haven’t been upset or mad or thinking their service is terrible. I know and understand what they’re going through and so I’m waiting patiently. I haven’t really had experience with any of the other guys but I’ve heard horror stories for sure. I have bought one saber from a newcomer in the game through their kick starter cause it seemed like a good deal. I’m happy with that purchase but my favorite sabers are my ultras. No doubt about it. Are there some things I’d like to see from them? Yes. But do I have any real complaints? No. Keep rocking fellas. Awesome work. And as always thanks for all ya do.

I know Darth Vaders' really got you annoyed, but remember if you kill him then you'll be unemployed.
Sabers I own:
Stunt- Standard issue - SRD
Obsidian- Dark prophecy - FO
Obsidian A+G Emerald- Consular w/ mantis clawed emitter (1st place)
Obsidian- Bellicose - BR
Obsidian- Dark Liberator CG (3rd place)
Obsidian RGBW Emerald- Spectre
Kids'- Initiate v3 - CG / Dark initiate v3 - AB / Initiate LEv4 GB

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #73 on: February 19, 2020, 01:29:36 PM »

I have been a customer of Ultra Sabers for 5 yrs now. Between my son and I we have 25 Ultra sabers, plus 3 more that were gifts. None of them have had any major issues at all. Maybe a stuck battery pack or a bad battery but that's it. Easy fix. But the quality has been very good. (Unlike the other guys). They all arrived in a timely manor. That being said I don't order when there is a movie coming out because I know that they will be swamped. Ultra Sabers has a customer for life here.  Grin  MTFBWY!
Those of us who have been customers here for any length of time know that US customer service is much better than most places. Keep up the good work!
I'd say "same", but........my son is as yet.....unborn. Undecided Grin

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #74 on: February 19, 2020, 05:54:23 PM »

I'd say "same", but........my son is as yet.....unborn. Undecided Grin

Hahaha ... wow  Shocked  Grin

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: