Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 46   Go Down
Author Topic: A note concerning some of the rumors flying around...  (Read 252150 times)
Sarich Belmont
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 54

I am legend.

« Reply #270 on: February 14, 2012, 04:46:33 PM »

Not that I'm dissing high end replicas, if you like them that's your thing.  However, telling a new member to the lightsaber hobby that they need to spend that kind of dough to get the saber they want... it's just wrong, and likely to send him running in the other direction.

True words Nero. I would never have gotten into this hobby if it wasn't for Ultrasabers.

"I don't aim to be like you, Master, not at all. I aim to be better." Jacen Sarich, then-Padawan. (From my old Star Wars D20 days.)

Under Construction...

Slaxxor
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 36

« Reply #271 on: February 14, 2012, 05:41:00 PM »

True words Nero. I would never have gotten into this hobby if it wasn't for Ultrasabers.

Exactly.  My wife thinks $150 for a toy lightsaber is kinda outrageous.  If I told her I paid $1500 for something like that I would be sleeping with it in my van somewhere.

directorcass
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #272 on: February 14, 2012, 05:54:14 PM »

I have started to PM people with answers to their questions. Someone asked the other day about the Ultraedge blade. Instead of posting the answer I just shot them a PM. He replied back with a big thank you. If I see other posts I'll do the same. Of course nothing but political correctness from me. I'll send a nice well written PM instead of posting something that could get deleted.

Deep
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 701

« Reply #273 on: February 14, 2012, 07:42:30 PM »

I have started to PM people with answers to their questions. Someone asked the other day about the Ultraedge blade. Instead of posting the answer I just shot them a PM. He replied back with a big thank you. If I see other posts I'll do the same. Of course nothing but political correctness from me. I'll send a nice well written PM instead of posting something that could get deleted.

Guys believe it or not, it is better this way.  This is a policy that has been agreed to by both parties.  There is no need to discuss Ultrasabers products in any way, shape or form over at FX Sabers.  Those guys do their thing over there.  And we do out thing over here.  While there has been no threat of lawsuits as rumored by others.  We do own the registered federal trademark for Ultra Sabers and as a business decision I did not want them discussed over at fx-sabers, which because they do actually sale sabers over there, are considered a competitor in the same marketplace as us, they are not just an open discussion forum because they do actually profit from the website.  This has nothing to do with Alex, as Alex and Michael Murphy (Yoda) are good friends.  But this was a decision I made for the best interest of the company.  Every single post or comment made about an Ultrasabers over at FX Sabers became flame bait.  It was exhausting trying to defend ourselves over there from a community and moderation staff that clearly hates us to suit their own best interest.   

If you feel there is a dire need to communicate to an FX Saber member about something Ultrasabers then doing it via PM works just fine.  Just like I'm sure the FX sabers community communicates with our members via PM as we've heard about on many occasions.

There is really no need for us to all hold hands and dance in the forest, we just need to co-exist.  They can do their thing over there and we will do our thing over here and never the two shall meet.

While we don't have a ban on talking about other sabersmith's sabers here.  We most certainly have made it known that discussion of other sabersmith's sabers on saberforum, rather it be in a positive or negative light (except Saberforge and there is only one light to talk about his "sabers" in...) is taboo.  And we do moderate these types of posts at our own discretion as it pertains to Ultrasabers or not, because we do not want to cause unneeded drama.  And we don't allow linking to outside sabersmiths or sabershops for the very same reason.

In the end guys, there is no need to rally the troops for us to have a presence on FX Sabers.  There is a great place to talk about and discuss Ultrasabers, and we're all already here.

Peace

Emory "Deep" Harris
www.ultrasabers.com

directorcass
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #274 on: February 15, 2012, 12:11:58 AM »

I agree Deep, and please don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to start a PM revolt or anything. I am an active member there and am becoming more so here. It's just hard trying to be on two forums and knowing that newbies have questions and can't post questions without them being deleted before they can be answered.

I would love for both sites to co-exist but since that wont happen anytime soon it seems PM 's are the way to communicate to an extent.

Niassa
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 31

Niassa - Lady of the Force's Will

« Reply #275 on: February 16, 2012, 02:16:35 PM »

Guys believe it or not, it is better this way.  This is a policy that has been agreed to by both parties.  There is no need to discuss Ultrasabers products in any way, shape or form over at FX Sabers.  Those guys do their thing over there.  And we do out thing over here.  While there has been no threat of lawsuits as rumored by others.  We do own the registered federal trademark for Ultra Sabers and as a business decision I did not want them discussed over at fx-sabers, which because they do actually sale sabers over there, are considered a competitor in the same marketplace as us, they are not just an open discussion forum because they do actually profit from the website.  This has nothing to do with Alex, as Alex and Michael Murphy (Yoda) are good friends.  But this was a decision I made for the best interest of the company.  Every single post or comment made about an Ultrasabers over at FX Sabers became flame bait.  It was exhausting trying to defend ourselves over there from a community and moderation staff that clearly hates us to suit their own best interest.   

If you feel there is a dire need to communicate to an FX Saber member about something Ultrasabers then doing it via PM works just fine.  Just like I'm sure the FX sabers community communicates with our members via PM as we've heard about on many occasions.

There is really no need for us to all hold hands and dance in the forest, we just need to co-exist.  They can do their thing over there and we will do our thing over here and never the two shall meet.

While we don't have a ban on talking about other sabersmith's sabers here.  We most certainly have made it known that discussion of other sabersmith's sabers on saberforum, rather it be in a positive or negative light (except Saberforge and there is only one light to talk about his "sabers" in...) is taboo.  And we do moderate these types of posts at our own discretion as it pertains to Ultrasabers or not, because we do not want to cause unneeded drama.  And we don't allow linking to outside sabersmiths or sabershops for the very same reason.

In the end guys, there is no need to rally the troops for us to have a presence on FX Sabers.  There is a great place to talk about and discuss Ultrasabers, and we're all already here.

Peace

As you wish, My Master. *kneels*  Smiley

I'm just shocked at the vitriol there about US, even having finally gotten some insight as to what it's all about. Right or wrong, it's annoying... It's like ending up on a Honda forum and being a Toyota fan... Yeesh. People are worse than Boston fans, I tell ya! Tongue

Seriously speaking though, I've signed up there to discuss their parts and equipment, as well as to better read and search for reference material, but I just steer clear of the US "debate," as it were. They make nice stuff, just awful noise. I'd rather be a true Jedi and refrain from attacking them for the sake of a bit of pride. Cheesy

"I am the Force's ally - My only desire is the Force's Will." - Niassa, Corellian Jedi with Dark leanings, but always serves the light.

Sabers:
SRD Prophecy v3
GB Liberator v2 - 616 Sound
BR Dominix v2

Taun Telon
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 13

« Reply #276 on: February 16, 2012, 02:46:59 PM »

I guess everything boils down to the old saying, "lead by example".   Its an extremely useful tactic, but also very hard to hold to.  So as long as we, and others on the opposite side, lead by example, things will improve over time.  The venomous posters and pitchfork groupies feel like they are actually hurting ultrasabers... once they realize they are actually having somewhat the opposite effect, they will quiet down, at least publicly.  There will always be bashing of someone, somewhere, and all we can do is not give them any teeth. 

I would also offer to take up the flag of pm heroism, but I don't think a flood of pms will look positive either  Grin.  I applaud those who are using maturity and positivity in their efforts. 

As a side note, another place to watch for new saber questions is the rebel legion.  I've seen a few there, and they also seem to nix US talk.

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #277 on: February 16, 2012, 10:07:00 PM »

I've noticed that myself, lurking over at the RL boards from time to time. Odd, as from what I remember several there used to recommend US to new people fairly often. My memory could be faulty there though, it's happened before. lol

As for not showing any teeth to the opposition.... I would point out that the occasional Kit Fisto smile MIGHT be in order. Heh heh heh.... Grin

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

directorcass
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #278 on: February 17, 2012, 10:13:22 AM »

Well this ticks me off. Over on the "other" forum, if you mention this site or it's products, those posts get deleted. But, there has been an on going sale thread of UltraSound soundboards there since January! Why hasn't it been deleted? Because a Moderator is the original poster!

Taun Telon
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 13

« Reply #279 on: February 17, 2012, 01:34:49 PM »

Well this ticks me off. Over on the "other" forum, if you mention this site or it's products, those posts get deleted. But, there has been an on going sale thread of UltraSound soundboards there since January! Why hasn't it been deleted? Because a Moderator is the original poster!

They have said that they allow sale threads, just not... discussion.  Not a lot of drama makes sense.  Not sure though how it hurts anyone other than the blatant hypocrisy?

directorcass
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #280 on: February 17, 2012, 02:07:10 PM »

Thanks, I must have missed that part. All is good though. Cheesy 

JangoUnfettered
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #281 on: February 17, 2012, 02:50:49 PM »

@directorcass
Your Post on the selling of the Ultrasound board by a staff member is incorrect.
Several SaberForum members have listed sales in the TF to resell Ultrasabers products. Including SF Staff members. I can compile a list for you if you like.

Resales of sabers & parts is part of the TF tradition. Ultrasabers, SaberForge and NovaConceptions products are still allowed to be resold. If the owners of those trademarks have an issue with that, they know who to contact. We will remove them if directed to do so, and a rule will be added to the TF R&R explaining why.

On the recommending of Ultrasabers products to FX members
In Reply #273, Admin Deep acknowledges FX as a competitor in the market, also that the rule in place is agreed upon by both parties.
The forums are the current FX storefront.
If going into SEARS/Ace Hardware, and handing out Home Depot/Lowes flyers seems like a reasonable act to you, I'm sure the security staff and lawyers at SEARS/Ace Hardware will have a difference of opinion and consequences for doing so.
This PM campaign referenced to above is highly disrespectful to the agreement in place.

Ravenseye8
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 14

« Reply #282 on: February 17, 2012, 03:00:19 PM »

The forums are the current FX storefront.
If going into SEARS/Ace Hardware, and handing out Home Depot/Lowes flyers seems like a reasonable act to you, I'm sure the security staff and lawyers at SEARS/Ace Hardware will have a difference of opinion and consequences for doing so.

While I agree that the matter should be left alone since Deep has posted his thoughts on the matter, I would like to point out to this that there are currently over 10 other competitors that are both advertised and discussed on the FX forums, and thus the "current FX storefront."  As such, your analogy is not quite appropriate when considering the context.

Aeon v2 RGB
Archon v2 AB w/AS FoC*
Bane RGB*
Bellicose RGB*
Consular CG w/FO FoC*
Graflex SE GB w/AS FoC*
Guardian GB*
Overlord BR w/AS FoC*
Malice BR w/FO FoC*
Raven BR
Shock LE AB w/ AS FoC*
SI v2 GB
SI v2 blue anodized w/BR (grab bag)
SI v3 AS*
War Glaive Emitter (Dark)
*Obsidian

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #283 on: February 17, 2012, 03:05:27 PM »

While I agree that the matter should be left alone since Deep has posted his thoughts on the matter, I would like to point out to this that there are currently over 10 other competitors that are both advertised and discussed on the FX forums, and thus the "current FX storefront."  As such, your analogy is not quite appropriate when considering the context.

While I agree, I think it's best that this rule be upheld (especially since it was agreed upon by both parties).  Any post supporting US over there was almost guaranteed to degenerate into a flame war, so it's really best for everyone that discussion is kept to a minimum.  If it isn't, Mods over there will have extra work to do cleaning things up while Ultra will be inclined to defend his company... it's just more fuss that no one needs.

Personally I've never felt like Ultrasabers and FX-Sabers were ever in competition.  This is merely due to the VERY different types of lightsabers that they sell (highly detailed customized replicas vs regular battle sabers), but that's just my opinion.  I'm not protesting this rule at all, just figured I'd put in my two cents.

directorcass
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #284 on: February 17, 2012, 03:51:59 PM »

Jango, no need to compile a list, as stated above, all is O.K. I was advised that sales threads are allowed. It's all good.

If you re-read my post I am not starting, nor ever intended to to start, a "PM campaign". I stated that if someone asked a question, instead of posting an answer I would just PM the answer to them.

When I did this the topic was someone wanting an Obi TPM and how sad they were for missing out on the recent custom offering. I merely suggested, in PM, that they may want to take a look at the Guardian. This is hardly a capmaign, reponding to questions via PM.

I do not, and will not, start any thread on FX about Ultra Sabers or their products as pertains to the agreement as specified above.

And since this is not a PM campaign, as I clarified above and that PM's are dissrespectful, I will point out the quote below.

But since this has ruffled some feathers I will cease trying to help anyone understand that FX is not the only place with knowledgable people.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 46   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: