Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Reaper Assembly and adjustment review  (Read 2331 times)
firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« on: February 06, 2015, 06:24:04 AM »

As I posted for the Omen, I decided to make a review covering the adjustment and assembly of the reaper. I have seen it asked for somewhere but couldn't find the thread again. I really like the versatility of it. Its almost like having many sabers in one. I got the Emerald driver and the Osidian sound so it can really be almost anything I want.

http://youtu.be/Gd278R3962o

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 07:04:29 AM »

Another really informative video, I like seeing the inner working of these things!

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2015, 06:49:19 AM »

I really enjoyed this, and yes you have a keeper with that Azure Reaper with how it survived the motorcycle crash!  Cheesy

I'm definitely interested in one.  Have you done much with the saber with the claws removed?  I'd most likely go without the claws if I were to get one, the holes left in the emitter/pommel would bother me.

I'm curious if you have any thoughts on what you would do to cover or fill the holes with the claws absent?  This aspect of the Reaper right now acts as a deal breaker in getting one.  I really like the slanted emitter/pommel though.

Point for another great video firehand10k!

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

firehand10k
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2015, 06:59:33 AM »

I have played with it with the claws off quite a few times. The holes didn't bother me that much because it is colored after they are cut so its blue around them too. I think if I did want to fill them I would go to a hardware store and fine a textured nut and put on the screws similar to the brass knobs on the Prophecy.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2015, 01:02:53 AM »

Finding a brass thumb screw or a decorative nut for the outer edge is probably what I'd attempt.

Could I bother you to post a pic of one of the blade screws set in the emitter/pommel sticking out on its own? Just to guage how much threads are exposed and to get a picture of what a guy could use on them.  Thanks  Smiley

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2015, 09:00:52 AM »

Nice. This makes me kinda nervous though. I want to get me a Dark Reaper and Dark Shock pommel, can pommels be changed out? In your video it looks like just a pommel sleeve cover or something x.x

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

firehand10k
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2015, 04:39:24 PM »

The pommels can be changed. The silver piece under the sleeve unscrews as usual. I just left it in to show that it can be used alone.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff