Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Raven review!  (Read 10260 times)
Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2011, 03:00:19 PM »

I don't own either, but I am almost postitive that the Raven is substantially heavier than the Liberator!  The Liberator is known for being an especially lightweight stunt saber, while the Raven is a big long badass Sithy claw-equipped beast of a hilt.  I'll let Gabriel answer to confirm though.

That was a lot of adjectives LOL.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Gabriel_Summers
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 17

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2011, 09:22:37 PM »

As the Raven is my first saber altogether, I can't really say how heavy it is against the Liberator. But I can say that the Raven is a little weighty, clocking in at about maybe 3 pounds, if that. Once you get used to the weight, it's actually very easy to wield. I found that the balance point on it is just under the claw area, right where the activator switch is. Its balanced VERY well for a saber of that size. I was going to make a new spin video tonight, but I ended up having to have emergency oral surgery on my mouth this morning to cut my two back molars out. I have to take it easy for a day or so, but as soon as I'm able to move without being in pain, I'll have another youtube video up on this thread.

Raven (Normal Claws, SS Pommel, Guardian Blue, UltraEdge Heavy Grade Blade)
Dark War Glaive, Guardian Blue (no sound, UltraEdge blade)

Would love light side points if i deserve them.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2011, 09:48:45 PM »

As the Raven is my first saber altogether, I can't really say how heavy it is against the Liberator. But I can say that the Raven is a little weighty, clocking in at about maybe 3 pounds, if that. Once you get used to the weight, it's actually very easy to wield. I found that the balance point on it is just under the claw area, right where the activator switch is. Its balanced VERY well for a saber of that size. I was going to make a new spin video tonight, but I ended up having to have emergency oral surgery on my mouth this morning to cut my two back molars out. I have to take it easy for a day or so, but as soon as I'm able to move without being in pain, I'll have another youtube video up on this thread.

Best wishes for quick recovery, can't wait for videos.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Gabriel_Summers
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2011, 11:15:46 PM »

This statement could not have been phrased otherwise.
These were, coincidently enough the checklist criteria for me to get the ravens LOL
I own 2 of em and they're both nearly twice as heavy as my phantom.

Exactly, Shak. How heavy is your Raven/Raven Staff?

Also, it was your raven/raven staff thread that convinced me to go with the normal claws, as opposed to the SS claws. So thank you for thst, as it gave me the perspective. i love how the normal claws frame the blade perfectly.

Gabriel_Summers
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2011, 03:15:10 AM »

Haha no worries. Well its twice as heavy as a phantom v2 which 2 dominix but it is more balanced in staff form imo. And yeah normal claws are just nice xD high five for ravens

Damn right! Might be weird, Jedi and Sith high fiving but hey, at least we share the same taste in sabers! I'm going to be so proud when I wield it at DragonCon coming up. I'm cosplaying as Starkiller from Force Unleashed 2, and this saber caps off the costume the way I wanted it to..with a perfect flourish.

JeVondair
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2011, 04:11:20 AM »

Nice review and awesome saber!!! To be honest I was kinda skeptical on how good it would look in GB since the Raven is such an evil-looking saber and I haven't really seen pictures of it in anything other than BR. But it sure looks amazing! That's one sexy saber you got there, enjoy!!! Grin

Sexy it is, my friend. Uploading images now. I must warn you, however, the claws should be removed for combat, they bend and must be replaced. The claws are, however, GORGEOUS and perfect as an impromptu 'belt clip' though.

Focus and Fury

JeVondair
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2011, 02:34:14 PM »

Sexy it is, my friend. Uploading images now. I must warn you, however, the claws should be removed for combat, they bend and must be replaced. The claws are, however, GORGEOUS and perfect as an impromptu 'belt clip' though.http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff460/JeVondair/DSC_1721.jpg[/img]

Focus and Fury

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2030

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2011, 04:01:33 PM »

@Summers. Nice saber! The Raven looks good in Guardian Blue. Can't see the beginning pics though. x.x Re-post them with photobucket if you got one. If you don't mind anyway. My first Obsidian saber will be the new Overlord but in Sunrider's Destiny with a Heavy Grade blade, Obsidian sound with green AV button, and li-ion batteries. =] I'll be doing full detail pics and a video as well. =O US should have a best Obsidian saber contest, like to see who can get the best goodies on their Obsidian saber. xp That would be cool and fun.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: