Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Covertec Wheel or not?  (Read 1111 times)
Ken at Sunrise
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 16

« on: April 04, 2019, 03:52:32 PM »

Hello, I'm looking at purchasing the Manticore. I already have a saber and its hilt has a fair bit of fiddly bits attached. It looks awesome but because of that, sometimes, it makes the grip a bit difficult when trying to flourish (show off with really cool looking but total useless swinging it about) the saber. The Manticore seems to have a very sleek look to it and a cool emitter; so that's a win/win.

My question is, for those how own it, does the Covertec Wheel get in the way of trying to flourish (show off with really cool looking but total useless swinging it about) it. I noticed, in one review, that the Covertec Wheel is on the Hilt and not the Pommel so does that keep it from bothering the grip. Maybe the Covertec Wheel is not bother at all? If I do get the Covertec Wheel, that certainly makes it nice to wear for, whatever, outings.

Please let me know what your experience is.

Thank you for any advice.,

Always try to do what is right.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2019, 05:49:22 PM »

I've never had an issue with mine.   I have wheels on a few of my sabers, including my main "spinner", a Dark Catalyst.  I've never had any issues with it.  Had one on an Aeon V4 as well, it was also never a problem.

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 11:46:02 PM »

If you get one and you don't like it, it is removable with the right size allen wrench.  I have one removed from one side of my Menace staff.  There's a hole there so I can put it back if I want.

Ken at Sunrise
Knight Ensign

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2019, 12:45:47 PM »

I've never had an issue with mine.   I have wheels on a few of my sabers, including my main "spinner", a Dark Catalyst.  I've never had any issues with it.  Had one on an Aeon V4 as well, it was also never a problem.

I'm glad to hear is hasn't been a problem. I'm saving up for this one, thanks.

If you get one and you don't like it, it is removable with the right size allen wrench.  I have one removed from one side of my Menace staff.  There's a hole there so I can put it back if I want.

How bad does the hole look?  Hehe, we are after all, getting really cool looking Light Sabers. Looks count  Wink

Thanks,

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2019, 02:10:06 PM »

The screws used are larger than the retention screws.  It doesn't bother me personally.

I don't expect the cover tech to really be in the way in the first place on that hilt.  Especially if you're spinning, it shouldn't be anywhere near a one handed grip.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2019, 02:53:17 PM »

I'm glad to hear is hasn't been a problem. I'm saving up for this one, thanks.

How bad does the hole look?  Hehe, we are after all, getting really cool looking Light Sabers. Looks count  Wink

Thanks,

the screw that holds on the covertec is 8/32 threads, the same as the retention screw, so the hole is the same size as well.   You can get short button-head screws at Lowes or any hardware store, I would recommend button-top, 8/32 thread, 1/4" to fill the hole.  Then there's just a little button-headed screw in the hilt.  Sometimes you can even put a colored one in, black in a silver hilt, silver in a black one, or even red or blue if you can find them.

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Ken at Sunrise
Knight Ensign

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2019, 04:55:53 PM »

Oh, very good suggestion.

Thanks,

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: