Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: New Blade Idea  (Read 1781 times)
Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« on: February 03, 2014, 05:16:23 AM »

So this idea popped into my head earlier. What if I took an empty blade from the other guys and used like a foam diffusion say like on FFX style blades. Would that work or no? I really want to experiment with this. If this would work let me know what type of foam to use that I could buy at a fabric store. I'll post the results. =] Figured this would be good in the technical area.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

BenPass
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 05:20:20 AM »

I could be mistaken, but I do not believe that will work. The reason it works in the FFX sabers is because there are already lights up the length of the blade. By having the single LED in the base, but a bunch of foam up above, I believe it will diffuse the light too much. Again, I could be wrong, but I don't think it will work.

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

Genkaku Sho`shyk
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 141

only the force, nothing more, nothing less

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 05:31:45 AM »

i have my old luke ROTJ blade still, lol surprised i have not tossed it lol.. but i tried that idea once already... and... no... just.. no.... lol better to just take a clear poly tube and follow some of the light sanding threads... i will find them later unless someone else does first, its late here.... that would be way better then the foam.. lol good idea, but it won work... sry man.. ill pop my blade in a post some pics with my new emerald setup.. (still under construction)

found them.. edited @1:18am *****

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=17807.0
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 06:18:52 AM by Genkaku Sho`shyk » Logged

Ninja-Jedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 168

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 11:43:20 PM »

Ben is right the method will only work with string blades, That is what makoto uses as diffusion on his string blades and they are insanely bright
however without the string blade it is too much diffusion and will lose to many lumens plus your blade will not lit evenly

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: