Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Adding sound to a saber  (Read 1791 times)
neekssss
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 0

Hey there!

« on: December 20, 2014, 06:20:05 PM »

Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips sealed Undecided Kiss Cry

Hey guys, i'm a new saber buyer and i got a Initiate v4 (saber-staff) no sound and windows in emitter and I was wondering if anybody has a video or guide on how to add a sound board to your saber.

Thanks!

Star Wars

Initiate v4 saberstaff consular green (no sound) yet........

Light side points please

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 08:51:33 PM »

I can provide some info although I don't have a vid or a detailed guide on how to do that. But you find some very useful videos from Master Bluespike at Youtube and some great wiring diagrams on the forum.

The parts you will need are the following:
Li-Ion battery holder/speaker combo (not needed when you already ordered your saber with Li-Ion setup)
BuckPuck (not needed when you already ordered your saber with BuckPuck setup)
2x 14500 Li-Ion batteries (best option: purchase the cradle charger/battery combo)
Obsidian soundboard
Wires (24 or 26 gauge)
Solder
Soldering iron
Heatshrink

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

neekssss
Knight Lance Corporal

Hey there!

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 09:31:47 PM »

I can provide some info although I don't have a vid or a detailed guide on how to do that. But you find some very useful videos from Master Bluespike at Youtube and some great wiring diagrams on the forum.

The parts you will need are the following:
Li-Ion battery holder/speaker combo (not needed when you already ordered your saber with Li-Ion setup)
BuckPuck (not needed when you already ordered your saber with BuckPuck setup)
2x 14500 Li-Ion batteries (best option: purchase the cradle charger/battery combo)
Obsidian soundboard
Wires (24 or 26 gauge)
Solder
Soldering iron
Heatshrink

Is it required to have buck puck with a Nano Biscotte sound board, the obsidian is a little to much money for me.

Thanks for the feedback!

Star Wars

Light side points please

Sarich Belmont
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 54

I am legend.

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 09:54:14 PM »

You do not need a puck with a Nano and you also only need a single 3.7 volt cell to run it. The other guys have everything you would need to upgrade your saber to some pretty awesome sound without draining too much.

"I don't aim to be like you, Master, not at all. I aim to be better." Jacen Sarich, then-Padawan. (From my old Star Wars D20 days.)

Under Construction...

neekssss
Knight Lance Corporal

Hey there!

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2014, 09:55:18 PM »

You do not need a puck with a Nano and you also only need a single 3.7 volt cell to run it. The other guys have everything you would need to upgrade your saber to some pretty awesome sound without draining too much.

Thanks!

Star Wars

Light side points please

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: