Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Newbie questions  (Read 1785 times)
Zarc01
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: January 16, 2015, 05:18:10 AM »

I'm new to the Ultrasaber addiction. 

I recently picked up a phantom and wanted to change out my leds for a new color.  I've read some of you talk about quick disconnects.  How do I know if I have them... and if I don't - how do I order them.   And how would I order them on my next saber  (ie the flamberge)?

Second there are two types of LED's out there and I have no idea which I should get.

On a last thought - on the Flamberge - it would be cool if the emerald version had emerald led's on the sides too that matched the main blade color.    Also in the previews the cross guard appears after a few second delay -- seems like this would be a really easy thing to accomplish between the main switch and the power to the crossguard... wondering if maybe Emory might consider making it...

Thanks!
- Z

jedi Kai-gon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 33

Knight of the Red Jedi Order

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 08:07:03 AM »

As far as I know you should be able to select to have quick disconnects installed in the options section if they are available for that particular saber. If not you can always install them yourself.

The two different types of Leds are for sabers with a removable emitter and for these with a fixed emitter. The MLS unit is for sabers with a MHS compatible emitter, for example the War Glaive, Arbiter, Consular, Archon v2 ext. It also fits on the Bane and the Bellicose. The LED Module is for the following sabers. All v2 Models, All v3 Models, the Guardian, the Monarch, All Reaper Models, All Mantis Models, and All Scorpion models.

As for the Flamberge, it seems as though emerald is a option for the cross guard as long as you have selected to have LEDs installed in the sides.

Choco
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 53

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 09:20:14 AM »

The lightsaber's Run time when on would be non-existant if the crossguard leds were also emerald LEDs which is why only the mainblade is the only one that are Emerald compatible. You can choose to have LEDS in the sides or not but are not emerald compatible.

Cool but highly impractical for it to power 3 emerald LEDs which Emory answered when the question was brought up in the flamberge announce thread on the forums.

as for your Phantom it is an option most sabers can choose to have the quick disconnects. Only way to really tell at this point would be to remove your blade and bring the LED out of the emitter to see if there is any connector on the wire. Quick disconnects is a little connector on the wire allowing you to disconnect the LED unit so you could swap in another one without having to solder or do anything to the wires

IF you don't have it and would like to add it there are afew tutorials floating around with how to do that

[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/c021b8deb34e1a14.png[/img]

Sabers I own

Emerald 4 channel Manticore
Dark Standard Issue - BR (grab bag)
Liberator - FO (Grab bag)

jedi Kai-gon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 33

Knight of the Red Jedi Order

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 12:47:15 PM »

My apologies, I just checked the Flameberge page again. Choco is right, Emerald is not available for the side blades.

Zarc01
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2015, 01:52:49 PM »

Thank you both for helping me.  That is very helpful.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2015, 07:40:43 PM »

QD's aren't offered with the Phantom/Dominix and Phantasm/Aeon (among others) because it would result in a very tight build inside the saber. So your Phantom definitely came w/o QD's. But as Choco said, you can order and install them yourself if you want to.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: