Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: MLS unit or LED Module  (Read 1753 times)
Trever
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 5

Lightside points please!

« on: March 03, 2016, 05:48:03 PM »

I am looking to by multiple LED modules but I have a couple questions first. I am not sure what the differences are between MLS unit and LED module (other than the lip). Do they have the same OD? DO both come with reflector or collimator lens?

Is LED info included anywhere. I have searched everywhere and I can not find what LEDs are used so I can find the forward voltage for using my own resistors. I have found some things on the forums but they are tagged as out of date. I am using my own pvc builds with 3 aaa packs, so buckpuck is out of the question. I was going to purchase pre resistored modules from "the other guys" but I plan on getting several things from US and would like to wrap the shipping all in one.

I am fairly new to the electronic builds and educated myself via forums, google, and experimenting. My first build was a tube saber using a disassembled cree flashlight and now I am doing custom pvc sabers. I included pictures below. As my confidence is builiding I am purchasing higher quality stuff and dont want to make mistakes. I also bought a dark initiate for my daughter who loves it, so I have worked with US before. Any help would be appreciated.

alljiang
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 8

"Great warrior, hmm? Wars not make one great."

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2016, 12:16:51 AM »

MLS: "These units currently fit into the Bane, War Glaive, Dark War Glaive, Arbiter, Dark Arbiter, Consular, Archon v2, Bellicose, Shock LE, Dark Shock, Manticore, Overlord, Menace and Raven." :: https://www.ultrasabers.com/product-p/mls.htm

LED: "This unit has a 1" outer diameter. This unit currently fits in All v2 Models, All v3 Models, the Guardian, the Monarch, All Reaper Models, All Mantis Models, and All Scorpion models." :: https://www.ultrasabers.com/product-p/led%20module.htm

US doesn't say the diameter of the lightsaber hilts, but for LED, there is "a 1" outer diameter". The thickness of the metal of my Dark Initiate LE v3 (which, of course, uses a LED module), is exactly 0.5 cm, and the full diameter is 3.75 cm. If your PVC has exactly these dimensions, definitely use LED. Can someone else post their dimensions of their Ultrasaber with an MLS unit? Also, Trever, what are the dimensions of your PVC? You might have to change it a bit.

"Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose."
-Master Yoda

Trever
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 5

Lightside points please!

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2016, 01:49:28 AM »

I am using 1 inch ID, so the LED Mod would work but I was wondering what the difference was in the MLS. No rush, I have found an alternative for a couple of these but I would like to know for the future. I have no issues shaving the inside down a bit, I am using Sch 40 so the pvc has a little thickness to it. Thanks for your reply!

LIGHTSABERnut20
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 1

Living life with a little lighting

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2016, 03:04:36 AM »

quick question what led unit does the Arbiter take I couldn't tell why I was looking at it cause I'm going to DIY and I didn't know which one it takes

Why must we choose a side
When you can embrace all force powers

alljiang
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 8

"Great warrior, hmm? Wars not make one great."

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2016, 03:50:54 AM »

quick question what led unit does the Arbiter take I couldn't tell why I was looking at it cause I'm going to DIY and I didn't know which one it takes

It would use the MLS LED unit.
Here you go Smiley    https://www.ultrasabers.com/product-p/mls.htm

"Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose."
-Master Yoda

LIGHTSABERnut20
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 1

Living life with a little lighting

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2016, 03:53:12 AM »

Thank you I've asked this in like three other topics and this is the first response again thank you

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Why must we choose a side
When you can embrace all force powers

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: