Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 915   Go Down
Author Topic: (im)Patiently waiting for my new _______!!!  (Read 2155685 times)
Des Rado
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 9

If the credits talk, oh what bounties I'll shock.

« Reply #1770 on: February 18, 2013, 09:46:20 PM »

Well, truthfully, I think a shorter blade will allow for more control. With the 36" I have on it currently, there is a lot a play at the end of the saber that I don't necessarily want. Single wielding for now, still a noob at spins and such. lol

Bounty Hunter
Current sabers:

Bronze Apprentice (Consular Green)
Arbiter (Adegan Silver w/ color discs)

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #1771 on: February 18, 2013, 09:58:53 PM »

Sent you a PM commenting on the same, but I actually wield my Arby that way. Single wield it with an Initiate blade and it DOES give you LOADS of control. The trick is to get that long hilt with the short blade, and then right at the start of a duel just press in as close as you can. Go on the offensive right away before your opponent can react. Once you are in close, you can dance around his blade easily, blocking and cutting with the same motions. First time I pulled that trick, I beat my Bro quickly and easily, with minimal effort. He has superior training and experience and has destroyed me in duels since we were kids. I've beaten him maybe 10 times in as many years. Got him right out of the gate with the munchkin Arby. LOL

That blade is also great for in the house practice though. Smiley

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Des Rado
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #1772 on: February 18, 2013, 10:07:03 PM »

Yes, I got it.

Thanks for the tips!  Grin

Bounty Hunter
Current sabers:

Moebius Omega
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 33

{Lightside Points Please}

« Reply #1773 on: February 18, 2013, 10:25:29 PM »

I was considering a shorter blade for my reaper, even without the claws it's a long hilt at 15", but ive taken off the shroud as its a bit wide for my grip (small hands for a guy) and the emitter and pommel are two pieces themselves so to take off a couple of inches I removed the slant from the pommel:

Obsidian Reaper CG
Obsidian Consular SY/BR

Shiyan
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -10

« Reply #1774 on: February 19, 2013, 01:06:52 AM »

Well, truthfully, I think a shorter blade will allow for more control. With the 36" I have on it currently, there is a lot a play at the end of the saber that I don't necessarily want. Single wielding for now, still a noob at spins and such. lol

Ahhh ok. That makes sense. As for being a noob, everyone starts somewhere. I have never touched one of these but trained in swords in Kung Fu for years so I am anticipating that I can use that training with these.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Adak Cyrnoc
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 85

May the force be with you.

« Reply #1775 on: February 20, 2013, 12:07:59 AM »

I ordered the Crimson Reaper, Liberator v3, Dark Initiate v3,
Grab Bag, Dark War Glaive w/ silver claws (shows up as being
shipped, but it might be on back order) also ordered an extra
DWG claw... it'll be here on 2/21

FedEx is rushing my package, its now coming tomorrow 2/20
cant wai

The force is strong with this one...
It takes strength to resist the dark side, only the weak embrace it

current weapon stash; wont fit in this little box. 29 and growing

Des Rado
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #1776 on: February 20, 2013, 12:03:17 PM »

Got the FedEx email. Should be getting my stuff on Tuesday!

Bounty Hunter
Current sabers:

Thraken-Sal
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 7

« Reply #1777 on: February 21, 2013, 01:11:38 AM »

I was pointed to this site over the weekend and immediately fell in love with two different sabers; the Crimson Reaper and the Guardian. both made my little ol' heart patter like a beautiful girl walking by. So I fought to narrow it down to one, and eventually the Crimson Reaper won out. I bought it as a stunt saber, with a violet amethyst blade. No bells and whistles; just a basic dueling saber. It is supposed to arrive on Friday, according to FedEx.

Flash to today. I just couldn't get that Guardian out of my head. It's beautiful in it's simple design and just plain awesome in my honest opinion. AND it just kept calling to me. SO. I went back to the site and oggled it more and checked what it would cost with all the bells and whistles applied and before I knew it; I was receiving the e-mail thanking me for my order. So now I have another saber soon to be on it's way to me. this one has a Sunrider's Destiny blade, FoC silver, recharge port, Obsidian 3.0 sound, and all the other stuff to go with it; except how to explain my inability to resist. Cheesy

« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 01:39:18 AM by Thraken-Sal » Logged

Crimson Reaper x2 VA/AS, Obsidian
Guardian - SRD/AS, Obsidian       Archon v2 - CG Stunt
Graflex CE - GB/AB Obsidian
Malice BR/FO Small Claw, Round Pommel, Obsidian

Moebius Omega
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #1778 on: February 21, 2013, 11:51:39 AM »

I was pointed to this site over the weekend and immediately fell in love with two different sabers; the Crimson Reaper and the Guardian. both made my little ol' heart patter like a beautiful girl walking by. So I fought to narrow it down to one, and eventually the Crimson Reaper won out. I bought it as a stunt saber, with a violet amethyst blade. No bells and whistles; just a basic dueling saber. It is supposed to arrive on Friday, according to FedEx.

Flash to today. I just couldn't get that Guardian out of my head. It's beautiful in it's simple design and just plain awesome in my honest opinion. AND it just kept calling to me. SO. I went back to the site and oggled it more and checked what it would cost with all the bells and whistles applied and before I knew it; I was receiving the e-mail thanking me for my order. So now I have another saber soon to be on it's way to me. this one has a Sunrider's Destiny blade, FoC silver, recharge port, Obsidian 3.0 sound, and all the other stuff to go with it; except how to explain my inability to resist. Cheesy

Haha I know that feeling!
I ordered a standard reaper, consular green with sound and a green av switch. I was trying to save some money so I didn't get the FoC, though I'm regretting it now (even more so as I didn't apply the quick disconnect).
Ten days later its the Super Bowl weekend and there is a 15% discount...and I order a grab bag without really thinking about it. My Aeon stunt saber in sentinel yellow arrived a week later.
Now I really want a Consular in amethyst with sound and flash on clash, and a new led module to give my reaper the FoC. This is a really expensive hobby and its been a little over a month...

Obsidian Reaper CG
Obsidian Consular SY/BR

jedicri
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 74

« Reply #1779 on: February 21, 2013, 05:16:35 PM »

And so the addiction begins......  Grin

Aurentis
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 31

« Reply #1780 on: February 21, 2013, 06:11:01 PM »

Finally gave in and ordered my first saber -- Crimson Reaper, sound, SRD with a UEHG.  Didn't go for FoC or recharge ports in order to keep costs down to a reasonable level.  I kind of wish I had sprung for all the bells and whistles, but that can always come later, with other sabers.

Who knows -- maybe I'll order another Crimson Reaper, and turn this sucker into a saberstaff.

Emotion, yet peace.

Crimson Reaper: SRD
Shock LE Staff: DVA/AS
Aeon v3: CG [Stunt]

Moebius Omega
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #1781 on: February 21, 2013, 06:27:25 PM »

Finally gave in and ordered my first saber -- Crimson Reaper, sound, SRD with a UEHG.  Didn't go for FoC or recharge ports in order to keep costs down to a reasonable level.  I kind of wish I had sprung for all the bells and whistles, but that can always come later, with other sabers.

Who knows -- maybe I'll order another Crimson Reaper, and turn this sucker into a saberstaff.
I did the same with my reaper, no FoC, no recharge.
With my next order I'm considering ordering an additional led module so I can have the FoC, ill post a link on adding it in if I do Smiley

Obsidian Reaper CG
Obsidian Consular SY/BR

Thraken-Sal
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 7

« Reply #1782 on: February 23, 2013, 12:13:21 AM »

Well I received my first saber today and all I can say is WHOA!!!!!! This Crimson Reaper is awesome! It's just a stunt saber so no sound; and now I wish I had gotten all the bells and whistles on it; but that can be modded later. It has a Violet Amethyst blade, which doesn't photograph well it seems. lol

That's just a few pics. I'll take more later after I have a chance to play with it Smiley

Crimson Reaper x2 VA/AS, Obsidian
Guardian - SRD/AS, Obsidian       Archon v2 - CG Stunt
Graflex CE - GB/AB Obsidian
Malice BR/FO Small Claw, Round Pommel, Obsidian

Des Rado
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #1783 on: February 23, 2013, 01:12:07 AM »

Can I say that is one sweet saber!

Bounty Hunter
Current sabers:

JapzLapeno
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 52

Enemies strengthen you. Allies weaken.

« Reply #1784 on: February 24, 2013, 09:42:06 AM »

Finally ordered a saber staff.  Went with the Phantasm, Sentinel Yellow, Obsidian and Blue AV on one hilt, no flash, LE hilts on both sides, silver flush vented coupler.  I wanted a staff with sound, but can't afford to drop the cash for a dual sound saber.  This way i also get an Obsidian and stunt Aeon (i love the feel of my kid's Initiate V3 for full force wielding).  Missed the sale by 2 days though.  Tongue  Waiting for news of it shipping because i selected to have it overnighted because my patience as of late has been non-existent.

This the 10th saber i've ordered since July, my wife is looking forward to getting the 11th saber (probably a similar staff) for the household, and i think that may be it for a while.  We might order again around christmas, but other financial obligations are looming and we can't afford to keep feeding our addiction, especially as often as we have.  Hopefully they don't roll out another awesome saber when we happen to have money again, like what happened with the Crimson Reaper, because i'll be begging the wife to let me order it.  Grin

"I am Grey. I stand between the candle and the star. We are Grey. We stand between the darkness and the light."

Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 915   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: