Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 386 387 [388] 389 390 ... 915   Go Down
Author Topic: (im)Patiently waiting for my new _______!!!  (Read 2142831 times)
Dorpz
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -12

You underestimate the power of dark side points.

« Reply #5805 on: February 16, 2016, 09:07:52 PM »

Dorpz, your package is likely waiting to go on a flight that will leave the FedEx superhub in Memphis.  Most of these flights go out in the wee hours of the morning (Memphis is -6 GMT).  I have done some Googling and FlightAware looking to see if I could figure it out for you, assuming that where your saber is coming in is London.

It appears FedEx flies into Stansed rather than Heathrow, and there are two flights that typically run from MEM to STN.  The typical one departs around 4 am CST and arrives around 6 pm GMT and I would lay odds on this flight.  What I would say is each day, check your tracking info at about 7 pm GMT and that may tell you if your saber made it in on that flight.

Wow thanks for looking that up for me!
I have never been so fascinated by something coming through the post, like look at this magical thing https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airplanes/fedex-fdx/ it shows where fedex planes are right now.
Now I can try to guess which plane is mine!

Own: Tri CREE Blazing Red Stunt Bellicose

Wishlist: Dark Mantis BR w/ Obsidian & FoC, Flamberge V2 Emerald & AS, Prophecy Emerald, Dark Sentinel Staff Emerald & Obsidian (It ain't orderable but it is possible!)

Mivew128
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 27

Light Side Points please

« Reply #5806 on: February 16, 2016, 09:09:07 PM »

Haha,
Well I went for Tri CREE leds in blazing red, I went for a midgrade regular 36 inch blade, a black blade holder, the default red button, short grooves on the pommel (I think it looks nicer), regular battery setup, no soundboard because I'm cheap, an alan key which I really didn't want to buy but I know if I don't get it it'll be impossible to find the right size, none of the fancy extras like plugs, wheels, pointy tips or stands, so basically just default with tri cree red.

Well, because of tax return, I was able to spoil myself, and I pimped the hell out of mine. Of course, TRI LED, but in Consular Green, a Black Blade Holder, a blue button because I think Silver and Blue look so good together, long grooved pommel, a 32 inch Ultraedge Heavy Grade (I'm a younger fellow, I have siblings to fight who hit HARD), a Silver Covertech Clip on the rear near the pommel, a small stand, and a clip. It was a last minute decision, but it is in Obsidian V4, with no flash on clash. I sadly forgot to choose an AV switch, though :/

Owned:
Obsidian Bellicose (TRI Consular Green, Blue Button, Long Groves)
Stunt Aeon V4 (Sunrider's Destiny)
Stunt Sentinel LE (Arctic Blue)

Want:
Obsidian Electrum Wind (Violet Amethyst, Black Pommel)
Obsidian Flamberge LE (Blazing Red)

Dorpz
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -12

You underestimate the power of dark side points.

« Reply #5807 on: February 16, 2016, 09:12:02 PM »

Well, because of tax return, I was able to spoil myself, and I pimped the hell out of mine. Of course, TRI LED, but in Consular Green, a Black Blade Holder, a blue button because I think Silver and Blue look so good together, long grooved pommel, a 32 inch Ultraedge Heavy Grade (I'm a younger fellow, I have siblings to fight who hit HARD), a Silver Covertech Clip on the rear near the pommel, a small stand, and a clip. It was a last minute decision, but it is in Obsidian V4, with no flash on clash. I sadly forgot to choose an AV switch, though :/

I don't think you forgot to choose an AV switch, because when I went to order my Bellicose there wasn't an option and there still isn't, which is really weird.

Own: Tri CREE Blazing Red Stunt Bellicose

Wishlist: Dark Mantis BR w/ Obsidian & FoC, Flamberge V2 Emerald & AS, Prophecy Emerald, Dark Sentinel Staff Emerald & Obsidian (It ain't orderable but it is possible!)

Mivew128
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 27

Light Side Points please

« Reply #5808 on: February 16, 2016, 09:14:34 PM »

I don't think you forgot to choose an AV switch, because when I went to order my Bellicose there wasn't an option and there still isn't, which is really weird.

I think mine is just a black guarded switch, which...hopefully won't get on my nerves, haha. I know as of like, last month, it was standard with an AV switch, but now I'm not so sure.

Owned:
Obsidian Bellicose (TRI Consular Green, Blue Button, Long Groves)
Stunt Aeon V4 (Sunrider's Destiny)
Stunt Sentinel LE (Arctic Blue)

Want:
Obsidian Electrum Wind (Violet Amethyst, Black Pommel)
Obsidian Flamberge LE (Blazing Red)

Wil Pathen
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -44

Dark Side Points

« Reply #5809 on: February 16, 2016, 09:26:42 PM »

Just got the notice, #132238 shipped, should be here Thursday, along with my extra pommels and grab bag blades. Exciting times! Hoping for something other than a dominix le v3, but if I get another, I'll just make it a staff!

Owned:
Bellicose - Emerald - Obsidian V4
Manticore CE Obsidian V4 - SRD
Phantom v4 Staff w/Li-ions - Tri BR
Dark Apprentice V2 w/NBv3 sound - CG
Graflex SE - AB
Dark Apprentice V4 Staff - BR
Standard Issue V3 Staff - Tri AS
Initiate V2 - AS

Grab Bag - Dark Liberator V3 - VA
Grab Bag - Dark Apprentice V3 - CG
Grab Bag - Liberator V3 - CG

amnesiack
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 5

« Reply #5810 on: February 16, 2016, 10:17:32 PM »

Just got the notice, #132238 shipped, should be here Thursday, along with my extra pommels and grab bag blades. Exciting times! Hoping for something other than a dominix le v3, but if I get another, I'll just make it a staff!

Still waiting on mine. Fingers crossed.

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #5811 on: February 16, 2016, 10:26:07 PM »

Wow thanks for looking that up for me!
I have never been so fascinated by something coming through the post, like look at this magical thing https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airplanes/fedex-fdx/ it shows where fedex planes are right now.
Now I can try to guess which plane is mine!

I watched my laptop travel that way when I ordered it and it shipped from China, by combining FedEx tracking, Google, and FlightAware tracking.  It's really fun what you can do! Cheesy

Do note there can be a fair delay between landing, unloading the shipping canister your saber is in, inside the aircraft, and scanning in at the destination sort, so you're not going to see FedEx update right when the plane lands. Wink
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 10:29:30 PM by Darth Justicar » Logged

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

darthdoctor
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 1

Dark Side, please and thank you!

« Reply #5812 on: February 16, 2016, 11:42:12 PM »

I thought the shipping notif would alleviate some of my impatience... but now I'm waiting for the thing!  I live in Indiana and the shipping option for this order is USPS Priority Mail.  How long do they usually take to deliver?

You can use this map from USPS to get an estimated delivery time based on zipcodes. Just plug in the sending zip code (Friendswood, TX 77546) and then a color coded map will show up with esitmated delivery times. I'm in Bloomington-Normal, IL so I've got an estimated two-day delivery from Friendswood.

Here's the map: https://www.usps.com/priority-mail/map/   Depending on where you are in Indy, you're looking at 2-3 days. Hope this helps!

"Who's scruffy lookin'?"

Collection:
Dark Standard Issue (Grab bag) in Consular Green (Now with Obsidian Lite!)
Dark Apprentice LE in Blazing Red (Grab bag); 28/28

SpiralStatix
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -18

Dark side points please!

« Reply #5813 on: February 16, 2016, 11:50:48 PM »

You can use this map from USPS to get an estimated delivery time based on zipcodes. Just plug in the sending zip code (Friendswood, TX 77546) and then a color coded map will show up with esitmated delivery times. I'm in Bloomington-Normal, IL so I've got an estimated two-day delivery from Friendswood.

Here's the map: https://www.usps.com/priority-mail/map/   Depending on where you are in Indy, you're looking at 2-3 days. Hope this helps!

I'm in central Indiana where it says "2-day" so I guess I'm looking at Thursday at this rate.  Thanks!  Grin

WISH LIST:
Consular, Violet Amethyst w/ Obsidian V4 and Blue FOC
Guardian, Sentinel Yellow w/ Obsidian V4 and Emerald
Scorpion, Blazing Red w/ Obsidian V4

SpiralStatix
Knight Sergeant

Dark side points please!

« Reply #5814 on: February 17, 2016, 12:50:40 AM »

Tracking just started working for me, says the package has been picked up!

One question, though - it says signature confirmation under features.  Does this mean I will have to sign for the package?  A little worrying since most of the time I sleep until, like, 3PM.  Unless my mom is allowed to sign in the event that I'm still asleep.  Oops.  Again, my carrier is USPS.

WISH LIST:

Je.daiiOfMandalore
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 15

"Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?"

« Reply #5815 on: February 17, 2016, 01:02:29 AM »

I can't wait for my new Arbiter to arrive!!! I'm going to put on a manticore emitter and a leather wrap on the lower grip. Im also going to do a little trim painting. aghhhhghghghghg Can't wait!

Light side points please
saber on the way: emerald arbiter with obsidian v4

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #5816 on: February 17, 2016, 01:39:28 AM »

Tracking just started working for me, says the package has been picked up!

One question, though - it says signature confirmation under features.  Does this mean I will have to sign for the package?  A little worrying since most of the time I sleep until, like, 3PM.  Unless my mom is allowed to sign in the event that I'm still asleep.  Oops.  Again, my carrier is USPS.

Typically anyone at the address can sign.

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

SpiralStatix
Knight Sergeant

Dark side points please!

« Reply #5817 on: February 17, 2016, 01:50:11 AM »

Typically anyone at the address can sign.

Ah, that's good!  I'll make sure to give my mom a heads up just in case... but that's assuming I get any sleep the night before it's supposed to arrive.  Grin

WISH LIST:

Nick8007
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -25

« Reply #5818 on: February 17, 2016, 01:53:02 AM »

Haven't posted here in a while...have been enjoying my saber! But here's a few pics! It's the Dark Apprentice v4, obsidian V4 sound, midgrade blade, blazing red, red illuminated AV switch, scorpion pommel.

Dark side points appreciated

Wil Pathen
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -44

Dark Side Points

« Reply #5819 on: February 17, 2016, 06:04:23 AM »

Haven't posted here in a while...have been enjoying my saber! But here's a few pics! It's the Dark Apprentice v4, obsidian V4 sound, midgrade blade, blazing red, red illuminated AV switch, scorpion pommel.

**Pic SNIP**

That pommel really sets off that apprentice!

Owned:
Bellicose - Emerald - Obsidian V4
Manticore CE Obsidian V4 - SRD
Phantom v4 Staff w/Li-ions - Tri BR
Dark Apprentice V2 w/NBv3 sound - CG
Graflex SE - AB
Dark Apprentice V4 Staff - BR
Standard Issue V3 Staff - Tri AS
Initiate V2 - AS

Grab Bag - Dark Liberator V3 - VA
Grab Bag - Dark Apprentice V3 - CG
Grab Bag - Liberator V3 - CG