Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 735 736 [737] 738 739 ... 915   Go Down
Author Topic: (im)Patiently waiting for my new _______!!!  (Read 2142831 times)
lxromero
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #11040 on: June 17, 2020, 07:16:27 PM »

I agree with a lot of the sentiments being shared here. I've seen other companies that are dealing with overwhelming orders and delays at this time communicate that through IG and FB and most customers are totally cool with that. Something like that is a relatively simple communication update that won't take any time away from answering emails and it would go MILES with customers dealing with delays. That would reduce "where is my order" emails significantly and allow CSR to answer the more pressing change and refund emails they're also likely getting.

It sounds to me, based on all this that US needs to very strongly rework the way they handle customer service and their communication. I'm sure the product is great but that's only one aspect of what makes a company.

ImperialRedGuard-HellFire
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 0

Imperial Guard Gaming Commander HellFire

« Reply #11041 on: June 17, 2020, 07:25:48 PM »

They need to be transparent with their lead times. Other companies make no question that the wait time will be 8-10 weeks. With that being said I did purchase one of their products. But the funny thing is that in their Facebook page if I post any question at all the owner is right there talking to me and hanging out

Imperial Guard legion, Call name Hell Fire 666.
Nationwide all console gaming community.

ShadowofArbacas
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 5

« Reply #11042 on: June 17, 2020, 08:10:18 PM »

Finally got an email from them with my updated shipping address. At least I will be getting the saber at the correct address. Now to play the waiting game!

sonofthesuns
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #11043 on: June 17, 2020, 09:34:04 PM »

The term we used to use, back when I worked in the hospitality industry, was: 'Under promise, and over deliver'.

If you know your lead time is 5 weeks.. you tell the customers 7-8 weeks, that way YOU, set the expectation.. and then make yourself look stellar if you deliver what you've promised, before that deadline is met.

Now then, the rest is a bit long winded.. feel free to tune out, or go to the TLDR section, at the end Wink

Right now, Ultrasabers is potentially the victim of their own success.. and it's clearly being shown, based on how they're handling damage control.

A prime example... if you can't keep up, or meet your own orders right NOW.. don't run a sale that's going to get you thousands of more orders. (Especially if you can't guarantee if/when they will be filled)

Doing stuff like that, falls tremendously close to actions that start getting compliance investigators looking at you.   (I speak from personal experience)

Ultrasabers could REALLY use a good PR Manager, right now. There's a lot of things that could be done to make things a bit more tolerable to those that have already given their money (many of which, may actually be experiencing financial issues, now, with the Covid fallout, themselves), and while many of us are just quietly exercising patience, I fully understand why some people are upset.

I have to admit, even I'm starting to get a bit twitchy.

I specifically didn't order a custom saber, because I wanted to see the quality for myself, in person. Custom products take a while, and I purchased 3 mystery boxes in early May, simply due to the fact that I understood that supply issues might be impacting the custom orders. So.. the simplest way to order would be 3 mystery boxes, with emitter plugs.. just to throw some extra money US's way. (I have multiple 3D printers.. printing an emitter cover is trivial)

However, I now suspect that mystery boxes are produced, much in the way Frankensabers are. Extra/leftover parts, that are used to quickly assemble a product that can be sold. It's a great way to reduce waste, if you can find a way to reuse parts/products that are returned or unused. It also keeps production costs down, since you can make deals with parts suppliers to supply you with X amount of parts, every Y amount of time.... (eg: 'If you're willing to accept 300 aluminum rods, every 2 weeks, we'll make the cost at $5 per rod.. otherwise, it'll be $8 per rod)

By finding a way to keep that inventory constantly moving, you don't have to have as much storage costs, and you can keep that cost, overall, down.. even if you're not making as much, per part shipment as you could/would if every part was sold at max value.

Now, I SUSPECT (based on what I know of logistics and business) that Ultrasabers is experiencing a shortage of crucial components, that are necessary to most orders. Based on that, it's most cost effective for them to use their parts for the products that are going to give them the most return for the parts... which is likely why we're seeing some customers get their orders placed and shipped in a matter of days, vs those that have been on 'processing' for weeks/months. It would also explain why some customers are getting responses from customer support, more than others.

If the above is correct, and I suspect SOME of it is, then I understand the business behind the decisions that US are making. It keeps them operational, and keeps their employees.. employed.

However, IF this is what Ultrasabers is doing (and, again, I suspect some of it IS).. then those users that ordered non cost effective items (such as 3 mystery boxes, like I've ordered) will be considered 'lowest priority', and, as such, will be processed dead last. (The company is making less money on those products, per saber, than the others)

Now.. here's the BIG problem with that... Customer loyalty.

You see a lot of users, here, that are defending US to the death... because they're repeat customers. A customer, who has had constant stellar experiences with a company, is more likely to put up with the occasional delay, than one person who has just started doing business with that same company, and immediately has issues. That is a potentially lost customer, that won't be back. In some cases, a company doesn't care.. because a one off customer, isn't really a loss, anyway. (the term that the hospitality industry used, was 'transient customers')

Unfortunately, however, there WILL be repeat customers in that mix, too.. that would have gotten their first order, and are so amazed with the result, they buy more... OR, even more importantly, they start to become a vocal word of mouth advertising for a company/product. That can actually become an immeasurable loss of revenue.

So.. that's where PR comes in.. a PR manager will produce simple updates, and methods of making potentially unhappy customers calm... AND, they have the ability to take a calm/patient customer, and make them a brand fanatic.

Heck, even explaining things in a logical manner (as many of us have done), in an OFFICIAL capacity, can calm down a number of disgruntled customers, who are just looking for explanations.

The PR aspect is what US is missing, right now, unfortunately... which is somewhat weird, because Emory is apparently a Social Media fan, and likes documenting things regarding his company... think of all of the unveiling videos and such, that he's done in the past.. you'd think he'd take an opportunity like this, to get some face time with the customers and help diffuse any tensions that customers may have. *Shrug*

TL;DR - UltraSabers needs to communicate with their customers better, even if it's to explain (in detail) whats going on with orders that have been 'processing' for more than the usual amount of time.

~ Casp

Completely agree.

Darth_Skystalker
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -9

« Reply #11044 on: June 17, 2020, 10:05:17 PM »

The term we used to use, back when I worked in the hospitality industry, was: 'Under promise, and over deliver'.

If you know your lead time is 5 weeks.. you tell the customers 7-8 weeks, that way YOU, set the expectation.. and then make yourself look stellar if you deliver what you've promised, before that deadline is met.

Now then, the rest is a bit long winded.. feel free to tune out, or go to the TLDR section, at the end Wink

Right now, Ultrasabers is potentially the victim of their own success.. and it's clearly being shown, based on how they're handling damage control.

A prime example... if you can't keep up, or meet your own orders right NOW.. don't run a sale that's going to get you thousands of more orders. (Especially if you can't guarantee if/when they will be filled)

Doing stuff like that, falls tremendously close to actions that start getting compliance investigators looking at you.   (I speak from personal experience)

Ultrasabers could REALLY use a good PR Manager, right now. There's a lot of things that could be done to make things a bit more tolerable to those that have already given their money (many of which, may actually be experiencing financial issues, now, with the Covid fallout, themselves), and while many of us are just quietly exercising patience, I fully understand why some people are upset.

I have to admit, even I'm starting to get a bit twitchy.

I specifically didn't order a custom saber, because I wanted to see the quality for myself, in person. Custom products take a while, and I purchased 3 mystery boxes in early May, simply due to the fact that I understood that supply issues might be impacting the custom orders. So.. the simplest way to order would be 3 mystery boxes, with emitter plugs.. just to throw some extra money US's way. (I have multiple 3D printers.. printing an emitter cover is trivial)

However, I now suspect that mystery boxes are produced, much in the way Frankensabers are. Extra/leftover parts, that are used to quickly assemble a product that can be sold. It's a great way to reduce waste, if you can find a way to reuse parts/products that are returned or unused. It also keeps production costs down, since you can make deals with parts suppliers to supply you with X amount of parts, every Y amount of time.... (eg: 'If you're willing to accept 300 aluminum rods, every 2 weeks, we'll make the cost at $5 per rod.. otherwise, it'll be $8 per rod)

By finding a way to keep that inventory constantly moving, you don't have to have as much storage costs, and you can keep that cost, overall, down.. even if you're not making as much, per part shipment as you could/would if every part was sold at max value.

Now, I SUSPECT (based on what I know of logistics and business) that Ultrasabers is experiencing a shortage of crucial components, that are necessary to most orders. Based on that, it's most cost effective for them to use their parts for the products that are going to give them the most return for the parts... which is likely why we're seeing some customers get their orders placed and shipped in a matter of days, vs those that have been on 'processing' for weeks/months. It would also explain why some customers are getting responses from customer support, more than others.

If the above is correct, and I suspect SOME of it is, then I understand the business behind the decisions that US are making. It keeps them operational, and keeps their employees.. employed.

However, IF this is what Ultrasabers is doing (and, again, I suspect some of it IS).. then those users that ordered non cost effective items (such as 3 mystery boxes, like I've ordered) will be considered 'lowest priority', and, as such, will be processed dead last. (The company is making less money on those products, per saber, than the others)

Now.. here's the BIG problem with that... Customer loyalty.

You see a lot of users, here, that are defending US to the death... because they're repeat customers. A customer, who has had constant stellar experiences with a company, is more likely to put up with the occasional delay, than one person who has just started doing business with that same company, and immediately has issues. That is a potentially lost customer, that won't be back. In some cases, a company doesn't care.. because a one off customer, isn't really a loss, anyway. (the term that the hospitality industry used, was 'transient customers')

Unfortunately, however, there WILL be repeat customers in that mix, too.. that would have gotten their first order, and are so amazed with the result, they buy more... OR, even more importantly, they start to become a vocal word of mouth advertising for a company/product. That can actually become an immeasurable loss of revenue.

So.. that's where PR comes in.. a PR manager will produce simple updates, and methods of making potentially unhappy customers calm... AND, they have the ability to take a calm/patient customer, and make them a brand fanatic.

Heck, even explaining things in a logical manner (as many of us have done), in an OFFICIAL capacity, can calm down a number of disgruntled customers, who are just looking for explanations.

The PR aspect is what US is missing, right now, unfortunately... which is somewhat weird, because Emory is apparently a Social Media fan, and likes documenting things regarding his company... think of all of the unveiling videos and such, that he's done in the past.. you'd think he'd take an opportunity like this, to get some face time with the customers and help diffuse any tensions that customers may have. *Shrug*

TL;DR - UltraSabers needs to communicate with their customers better, even if it's to explain (in detail) whats going on with orders that have been 'processing' for more than the usual amount of time.

~ Casp
My sentiments EXACTLY!!! As a matter of fact, I actually said most of what you just posted, less wordy, lol. Low and behold some mod removed my post for “bad behavior”. So unapologetic that my opinion and words bothered them enough the remove it. But I totally support under promise over deliver. That’s how I’ve dealt with all my guests at work for 17 plus years now. It truly does help.

US. Take notes. That man has VERY valid points. Be more transparent and open your communications. Hey even answer the phone once in a while or return calls or texts even. It seems every phone call goes to a voicemail and sometimes the box is full.

As paying customers both old and new we deserve that much courtesy and respect. MTFBWY.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Galef
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 209

Light side preferred, Dark side accepted

« Reply #11045 on: June 18, 2020, 03:40:11 PM »

Officially at 1 month on my RGB Aeon v2. Must have patience, it shouldn't be long now.

After a certain point, I'll want to send an email to see if maybe the hilt or a part is holding it up, but I don't think anytime before 6 weeks is reasonable. I want to keep the emails to a minimum, but if the Aeon hilt is what's holding it up, I'd be cool with the Dominix v2 or an LE hilt as a substitute if available.

But at the same time, part of me wants to see what happens on Saturday with thier website.
With any luck, there WON'T be yet another promotion and I can relax knowing they will be using the lack of incoming orders to get caught up.
On the other hand, Saturday is the first day of Summer, so I'm actually expecting the "sounds of summer 15% off" sale or something like it. That will make being patient a bit more difficult.

-

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 223

Light side points preferred if I earn them....

« Reply #11046 on: June 18, 2020, 04:19:04 PM »

Well, according to the store website, everything I ordered is still in stock....for whatever that's worth.

On a separate subject, is anyone else having an excited, Pavlov's Dog kind of reaction when they get an email notification, that it might possibly be THE email, or is it just me?

Doing the best I can with what I've got...

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
The Fallen - Tri-cree Silver
Initiate V2 - Guardian Blue
Apprentice V4 - Fire Orange
Apprentice LE V5 - Blazing Red
Shock - Consular Green
Frankensaber "Emerald Fury" - Consular Green w/ Silver flash
Emperor's Hand - Violet Amethyst w/ silver flash
The Guardian - Guardian Blue w/ silver flash

FAMILY SABERS:
Aeon LE v5 - Tri-cree Guardian Blue
Archon v2.1 - Tri-cree Consular Green
Savior - Violet Amethyst
Manticore - Tri-cree Blazing Red
Princess (golden) - Violet Amethyst

Galef
Knight Commander

« Reply #11047 on: June 18, 2020, 04:37:38 PM »

Well, according to the store website, everything I ordered is still in stock....for whatever that's worth.

On a separate subject, is anyone else having an excited, Pavlov's Dog kind of reaction when they get an email notification, that it might possibly be THE email, or is it just me?
Unfortunately a hilt being in stock on the website seems to mean jack squat as far as I'm concerned.
If it's out, it's out, but I've had at least 2 orders in the past 6 months that "suddenly" went out of stock, despite being in stock when I ordered and still showed in stock when US emailed me with alternate options.

US gave me great alternate options each time, so I'm grateful for that, but it's made me paranoid about each order now.
We all can guess that they are starting to run out of hilts as we know they are limiting access to the machine to protect their employees.
The Aeon/Dominix v2s are the only "low end" hilts with the RGB option and that option also requires Guarded switches as the AV switches are too big.
The last 4 sabers I've ordered had AV switches upgraded for free and I can only assume it's because they ran out of Guarded switches.

So I'm hesitant to bother emailing them about it because I know it's either a parts shortage or a hilt shortage issue and neither can be solved with alternate options.
It's just the waiting stinks. My limit is 2 months though, so at the very latest I'll send one then

HesaHeart
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

Adapt.Improvise and Overcome

« Reply #11048 on: June 18, 2020, 04:42:47 PM »

"raises hand, Hi my name is Hesa  and i am a ...."

( Light points when earned )

Various fan art and fiction
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?board=12.0

Own
 Dark Sentinel staff LE v4 - tri red

Wish list
Arbiter staff - blazing red-sound
Phantasm LE V4 staff - AS blade - stunt
Raven in staff setup - color ?? - stunt

BBagginsMcSwaggins
Force Sensitive

<Can usually be found nearby Swagdalf>

« Reply #11049 on: June 18, 2020, 04:52:30 PM »

We (my friends & I) haven't placed an order yet, but are planning to within a week or so. We're going to be getting 3 stunt sabers, one of them a customized Apprentice LE v5, and 2 of them Grab Bags with one selected Consular Green color and the other selected as Blazing Red. The Apprentice hilt will be Adegan Silver with color discs. As said, they're all going to be stunt sabers, and the only additional bell or whistle any of them has is an included wrench with one of the Grab Bags. Does anyone know what a rough estimate of a processing time for these would be? We'd all appreciate knowing a ballpark of when we might be able to expect these.

In west of the Shire, born 'n raised, on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Chillin' out, maxin' relaxin' all cool and shootin' some bball outside in the park, when a couple o' dwarves said we were up to no good! Started makin' trouble in my neighborhood. I got in one little quest and my friends got scared, and said "You're movin' with your auntie n' uncle in Bag End."

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 223

Light side points preferred if I earn them....

« Reply #11050 on: June 18, 2020, 04:59:32 PM »

We (my friends & I) haven't placed an order yet, but are planning to within a week or so. We're going to be getting 3 stunt sabers, one of them a customized Apprentice LE v5, and 2 of them Grab Bags with one selected Consular Green color and the other selected as Blazing Red. The Apprentice hilt will be Adegan Silver with color discs. As said, they're all going to be stunt sabers, and the only additional bell or whistle any of them has is an included wrench with one of the Grab Bags. Does anyone know what a rough estimate of a processing time for these would be? We'd all appreciate knowing a ballpark of when we might be able to expect these.

First of all, welcome to your new obsession.   And I genuinely mean that in friendship.

As for a waiting time....seriously, our Magic 8-Balls cracked and leaked out some time ago.  The company gives everyone an "estimated" wait time of 3-4 weeks, some have gotten theirs sooner, most of us will be waiting longer.  There's no guarantee right now, and i'm sure you'll understand why as you peruse this forum.

That's not to say you shouldn't place your order, though.  I'm just saying, prepare for a wait.  But as others will tell you, the wait is worth it.

Doing the best I can with what I've got...

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
The Fallen - Tri-cree Silver
Initiate V2 - Guardian Blue
Apprentice V4 - Fire Orange
Apprentice LE V5 - Blazing Red
Shock - Consular Green
Frankensaber "Emerald Fury" - Consular Green w/ Silver flash
Emperor's Hand - Violet Amethyst w/ silver flash
The Guardian - Guardian Blue w/ silver flash

FAMILY SABERS:
Aeon LE v5 - Tri-cree Guardian Blue
Archon v2.1 - Tri-cree Consular Green
Savior - Violet Amethyst
Manticore - Tri-cree Blazing Red
Princess (golden) - Violet Amethyst

Galef
Knight Commander

« Reply #11051 on: June 18, 2020, 05:24:44 PM »

Agreed  with Jedi_Phoenix, there really is no good way to estimate a processing time. The hilts you order might be available to put together, or they may have to machine it from scratch. Could take 3 weeks, could be 2 months.

As difficult as it is, truly the best thing to do is place your order and forget about it for at least 2 months.
If you can figure out how to do that, I'm sure we'd all like to know how  Grin

-

ImperialRedGuard-HellFire
Knight Lance Corporal

Imperial Guard Gaming Commander HellFire

« Reply #11052 on: June 18, 2020, 06:24:14 PM »

Approaching 7 weeks here, I needed them by tomorrow.... Not holding my breath on this one... All email contact has now ceased.

Imperial Guard legion, Call name Hell Fire 666.
Nationwide all console gaming community.

Galef
Knight Commander

« Reply #11053 on: June 18, 2020, 06:43:08 PM »

Man, I feel really bad for people who order sabers for specific events or as gifts.
It seems like no matter who you order from, whether US or the other guys, if you don't order at least 6 months in advance, you risk not getting them by the time you need them.

Custom sabers is a hobby for those with more patience than today's society fosters.

-

Sphinx74
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -2

« Reply #11054 on: June 18, 2020, 07:45:36 PM »

It's been quite some time since I've ordered a new saber, so I guess you can say that this time around I went a little Mynock sh*t crazy. When the bug bites, sometimes it bites hard.

My first order is for a pair of Dark initiates, V5. I went with Bane's heart and obsidian lite on the first one, and just Guardian blue/no sound on the second. I also got the vented coupler, just in case. I neglected to order FOC for bane's heart and have tried contacting US about that, but we all know how that's going right now.

I made my second order a few days later. Dominix v5, Orange with lite sound for my wife, and the Manticore in blue violet with lite sound for myself. Both will have silver FOC. I also added some color discs and a pair of dark initiate v4 pommels just for experimenting and extra options.

I wouldn't say I'm waiting patiently though. There's also a pair of free initiates and a grab bag saber as well. Since I ordered them so close together, I'm hoping that US is gonna throw in that free mystery box, but we'll see how that goes.

I was originally gonna get the manticore with emerald, but my wife made me feel guilty and I had to buy her a saber as well, but the more i thought about it, the more i realized that my Dark initiate, and her dominix would compliment each other very well, and make for a unique staff set up. I plan on ordering  the grand master, Reaper, empress and spectre in the future, so I can always opt for emerald then.

Pages: 1 ... 735 736 [737] 738 739 ... 915   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: