Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1288026 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1485 on: October 09, 2015, 12:29:18 PM »

....................Nope..........Lost it.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #1486 on: October 10, 2015, 04:04:22 PM »

I dont need to get drunk to act stupid Tongue

SAME!  I'm plenty stupid all on my own!  Cheesy

Shifting gears to another venting thing:

I understand the whole "needing a signature for a package" thing, but dammit, I am never home when the mail comes!  Then, I only have an hour between the time I get off work and the time the local post office closes in order to get there and pick up the package, unless I want to wait several days for that whole "re-delivery" nonsense.  Trying to schedule DHL (who I despise) to just leave the package at my door without a freakin' signature was a nightmare.  I managed, but it took almost 2 hours to get it done.   UPS and FedEx are never this much of a pain, but the rest?  UGH.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #1487 on: October 10, 2015, 05:17:48 PM »

SAME!  I'm plenty stupid all on my own!  Cheesy

Shifting gears to another venting thing:

I understand the whole "needing a signature for a package" thing, but dammit, I am never home when the mail comes!  Then, I only have an hour between the time I get off work and the time the local post office closes in order to get there and pick up the package, unless I want to wait several days for that whole "re-delivery" nonsense.  Trying to schedule DHL (who I despise) to just leave the package at my door without a freakin' signature was a nightmare.  I managed, but it took almost 2 hours to get it done.   UPS and FedEx are never this much of a pain, but the rest?  UGH.

In my area, USPS seems to the best best. They always deliver on time, at a reasonable time, and take good care of my mail/packages.  UPS on the other hand.....I have to pray the thing arrives in one piece! The word "FRAGILE" means nothing to those goons. Every time I get a package, the thing looks like it's been through a war zone! FedEx is pretty good, though they can be late at times, at least I know my package is being taken care of, although not too many people around here use them. DHL, I wasn't aware was still in business, they pretty much don't exist around here.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #1488 on: October 12, 2015, 11:29:31 AM »

At least one of my son's classmates clearly deserves having the living crap scared out of them.  He's spent the last four nights afraid to sleep in his bedroom, because he thinks spiders will bite him.

I just got up early and found him sleeping in the hallway, three feet from where I sit typing this right now.

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #1489 on: October 12, 2015, 11:59:30 AM »

At least one of my son's classmates clearly deserves having the living crap scared out of them.  He's spent the last four nights afraid to sleep in his bedroom, because he thinks spiders will bite him.

I just got up early and found him sleeping in the hallway, three feet from where I sit typing this right now.

This is where you get an entire bag of those rubber spiders in different sizes and place them on the ground around him.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #1490 on: October 12, 2015, 04:02:32 PM »

At least one of my son's classmates clearly deserves having the living crap scared out of them.  He's spent the last four nights afraid to sleep in his bedroom, because he thinks spiders will bite him.

Noooo...that's frustrating. Especially when we as parents work to not let anxiety have control over our kids' thoughts. My hope is for your son to have peace from this right now shade_1313!

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1491 on: October 12, 2015, 07:14:26 PM »

As a life-long arachnophobe, I can say that the best way to deal with the fear is a controlled confrontation of it. As I've gotten older, I've learned more and more about my perceived enemy. The more I learned, the less threatened I felt by them. Today I find them to be one of the most fascinating creatures on earth, despite the fact that they still creep me the $#@& out.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #1492 on: October 12, 2015, 09:40:24 PM »

I, too, had a phobia that I learned to control through exposure.  I still get a little freaked out when I see it, but for the most part, I would say my reaction is on the side of "normal" now. 

I don't have a fear of spiders, but man, I sure don't like the little bastards.  If I see them, I get angry and have to destroy them immediately. 

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #1493 on: October 12, 2015, 11:06:19 PM »

I, too, had a phobia that I learned to control through exposure.  I still get a little freaked out when I see it, but for the most part, I would say my reaction is on the side of "normal" now. 

I don't have a fear of spiders, but man, I sure don't like the little bastards.  If I see them, I get angry and have to destroy them immediately. 

And now we know how to turn you to the dark side.

Muhuhahahaha!

Grin

RDWilson
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -22

I am the perfect embodiment of the Dark Side!

« Reply #1494 on: October 13, 2015, 01:28:30 AM »

Spiders don't really bother me unless I know they're actually a potential threat. Black widows and brown recluses I'll kill on sight. Others, I tend to just leave alone. If it's in my house I'll kill it simply because it's a nuisance. The worst part about spiders though is walking into a spider web. That's just plain annoying.

Onward! Onward! Onward to victory!

Dominix LE V4, RGBA, Obsidian V4

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #1495 on: October 13, 2015, 03:01:03 AM »

I used to put my face through a few spider webs(sans spider) just for the shock factor, but the "now" me couldn't  handle it Tongue

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

magik0012
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 107

« Reply #1496 on: October 13, 2015, 03:23:37 AM »

Spiders are okay.. as long as they keep their distance.. I kind of respect them actually..

But walking face-first through a web is super-annoying...

What I find most viscerally repulsive tho, is being in close proximity to any kind of flying insect.. and the closer they fly to my face, the more I freak the frak out..

Never give up! Never surrender!

Archon v3 (Emerald RGBA + v4 sound), Graflex SE (GB + v3 sound), Chosen One SE (BR + v3 sound), Manticore (VA + v3 sound), Flamberge v2 (FO + v4 sound, dis-assembled and lightly kitbashed), 

Aeon LE v4 (stunt CG), Dark Prophecy x2 (being re-customized) (stunt BR & DVA or VA),

Dark Arbiter (Disassembled), Overlord (Disassembled)
Dark Liberator (BR w v3 sound - gifted away), Dark Sentinel LE v4 (AB w v3 sound - gifted away)

RDWilson
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -22

I am the perfect embodiment of the Dark Side!

« Reply #1497 on: October 13, 2015, 05:27:33 AM »

Flying insects are awful. I was swarmed by an entire nest of hornets when I was seven, so I'm still deathly terrified of the things. I can handle snakes - I've been bitten and it wasn't that bad. Spiders, yeah, sure, whatever. Hiking in an area with a grizzly bear problem? No big deal, I've got a knife and I watch NatGeo, so I'm clearly invincible. Those tiny little insects those? No way, no how, I can't stand them. If there's a nest of them in the back yard, I'll stay in the front until someone else takes care of them.

Not to mention that those little critters are obviously the devil embodied in human form. It wasn't a serpent in Eden - it was a wasp, and the translation was just messed up somewhere along the line. You can see it in their eyes - when standing in the presence of wasps, you are standing in the presence of Satan himself.

Onward! Onward! Onward to victory!

Dominix LE V4, RGBA, Obsidian V4

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #1498 on: October 13, 2015, 02:54:03 PM »

Spiders don't really bother me unless I know they're actually a potential threat. Black widows and brown recluses I'll kill on sight. Others, I tend to just leave alone. If it's in my house I'll kill it simply because it's a nuisance. The worst part about spiders though is walking into a spider web. That's just plain annoying.

Here it is red back spiders and white tail spiders that I will kill on sight. Their bites are nasty. Huntsmans, depends on the mood I'm in. Anything else I will leave alone or take outside. I hate the fact that the owners have this place sprayed every year for bugs. They are part of the natural environment, without the insects you don't get all the lizards and birds that eat them.

Hubby however has arachnophobia. He can face his fear and deal with them but he really REALLY hates it. He really didn't enjoy it when I found some beautiful spiders that I used to love as a kid and was busy checking out their webs and pointing them out to him. Not helped either by the fact my mum and sister like spiders and at halloween in particular put very realistic plastic spiders everywhere. Which have a habit of hanging about the house year round, and startling you when you least expect it. And they have a little remote control spider who is creepy but cute.

Me I'm not a fan of snakes, I won't hold them even at those animal encounters and avoid touching them. I've seen some nasty and very large ones close up in the wild before now and not fun! No joke, one was at least 5-6 feet long and went right underneath our set up camper trailer (poisonous not python either and they can be lethal) and I was only wearing PJs and sandals at the time and that freaked me out. Lizards are a different matter, I've held some of them and they are just cool.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1499 on: October 13, 2015, 03:02:22 PM »

I don't what you guys are on to be annoyed by walking through a spider web. I turn into the biggest girl in record time going through one, because I never know if the owner is at home.

As I've aged, I've discovered that it's not really spiders that creep me out, but rather anything with more than 4 legs. The more legs, the creepier. Like silver fish. Holy &^$% OMG, those bastards freak me out worse than any spider. Fewer than 4 legs are easy to deal with. I just have a very healthy respect for snakes.

But let us pause and give thanks to the powers that be, that spiders don't fly. That would be the worst thing ever.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: