Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Prophecy V3 Decisions.... Diamond versus Premium Sound  (Read 1270 times)
haydendavid380
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 31

« on: January 05, 2020, 06:18:02 PM »

Hello All  Cheesy

I had planned on ordering a Prophecy with some bells and whistles. Initially, I was just planning on getting one with Premium sound in order to get the rechargeable batteries. I convinced myself (not that it was very hard), that I might as well move up to the Emerald Drive. Last night, I went to build/order it, and came to the realization that the hilt must be too small to fit the Emerald Drive with sound. Now, I'm not too worried about the ability to change colors. I just would like the best looking/sounding/motion sensitive I can get. With the Emerald w/ Sound unavailable, I began to look at the Diamond. My question is this; is it worth it for someone that isn't particularly interested in the color changing function? I.E. is the motion more sensitive, sound/light more clear and bright, and overall just a higher quality saber? 

Lover of the light side

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2020, 06:26:41 PM »

I don’t know where you’re getting the idea that the hilt is too small to fit an Emerald board; it’s clearly listed as an option to order the Prophecy v3 as an Emerald saber.

As far as it being worth it to get the Diamond board... set up an order for the saber with Emerald and Obsidian v4, and note the price.  Then go back and set it up as a Diamond saber, and note the price again.

Not that much different, is it?

It’s YOUR money here, not mine, but the added flexibility of the Diamond controller makes this a no-brainer for me; I spent the (relatively) small amount of extra money and got the Diamond setup.  Again, though... it’s YOUR money here, not mine.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2020, 06:30:51 PM »

The Diamond controller is just a way to integrate sound and light controls into one unit and change colors without having to plug into a computer. The quality  is the same.  If you really aren't interested  in color changing I would recommend staying with Obsidian premium sound. Even between  the Obsidian V3 and V4 the sound quality and sensitivity is the same. The V4 just lets you have multiple sound banks to switch font without plugging into the computer also.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

firehand10k
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2020, 06:36:27 PM »

I don’t know where you’re getting the idea that the hilt is too small to fit an Emerald board; it’s clearly listed as an option to order the Prophecy v3 as an Emerald saber.

The Prophecy is the only sound ready saber that cannot have Obsidian premium sound and the Emerald controller at the same time. You see Emerald there because it can have Emerald without sound or Obsidian without color change. Because they stack in the hilt as two separate boards it does not have space for both.

Diamond is the only way to get a Prophecy with premium sound and color change.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

haydendavid380
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2020, 06:40:34 PM »

This is what I'm contemplating. I have them both in my cart, and wanted to see what the general consensus was on which would be preferred. 

Lover of the light side

firehand10k
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2020, 06:48:53 PM »

Its your choice obviously but if mine I would skip the Diamond ( I can only see myself using this in blue) and use the difference to get a Manticore low pommel instead of the standard. The standard is just a ring to retain the speaker holder. It is wide open. The Manticore low is similar in size but has a vented grate like cutout to let out sound and protect the speaker.

This is such a subjective topic. Grin

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

haydendavid380
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2020, 06:54:16 PM »

Its your choice obviously but if mine I would skip the Diamond ( I can only see myself using this in blue) and use the difference to get a Manticore low pommel instead of the standard. The standard is just a ring to retain the speaker holder. It is wide open. The Manticore low is similar in size but has a vented grate like cutout to let out sound and protect the speaker.

This is such a subjective topic. Grin

Thanks, I had completely forgotten about that.

Lover of the light side

Tazflyr
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 142

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2020, 06:59:15 PM »

Something else...
Idk your experience with sabers but if this is one of your first ones, consider the 32 inch blade. I'm 5'8 and the 32 is much more forgiving when learning moves, spins, etc.  Again, though, this is a subjective topic. Post pics and let us know what you decide!

Aeon LE v4, Guardian Blue (Mystery Box)
Dark Sentinel v5 (Emerald)
The Fallen, Bane's Heart
Grandmaster, Diamond
SI Battle saber, SRD
Dark Apprentice LEv4, Red

Wish List
Emperor's Hand
Azure Savior & Butcher
Dominix v3

When I die, don't let my wife sell my sabers & guitars for what I told her I paid for them, please.

haydendavid380
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2020, 07:02:48 PM »

Something else...
Idk your experience with sabers but if this is one of your first ones, consider the 32 inch blade. I'm 5'8 and the 32 is much more forgiving when learning moves, spins, etc.  Again, though, this is a subjective topic. Post pics and let us know what you decide!

This order will be sabers 3,4,5,6 and 7 with the free initiate...but I have received any of my orders yet.  I'm 5'7" and had figured as much. Had half with the 36" and half with the 32" so I could try both. I'll go back and change them all to the 32"

Lover of the light side

ktulu1347
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 87

Nerd for 3 decades plus and darn proud of it

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2020, 11:51:47 PM »

The Diamond board recognizes a number of different movements beyond just swing and clash so there's a lot more capability even if you never change between fonts.  It can also perform much more complex lighting effects than even the Emerald board such as a gradual power up or power down to name the most basic example.  As others have noted, the Prophecy is kind of a unique case since Emerald with sound isn't an option but on any other saber I don't see the point of Emerald with sound when Diamond is only about $20 more.  The extra functionality is worth many times that.  Regarding the Prophecy it's a tougher choice but I got mine with Diamond because I couldn't choose just one color and I haven't regretted it for one second.  The extra memory on the board (and how much faster the Diamond board communicates with your computer) is worth a good deal in my opinion by itself.  The Prophecy is an amazing hilt no matter what you choose, but those are my two cents.  Good luck!

"The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain."

haydendavid380
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2020, 12:37:50 AM »

Gave it the full send on the Diamond, figured I probably wouldn't regret it.

I'll post up pics and/or a review next month Grin

Lover of the light side

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2020, 01:45:19 AM »

Diamond has all the functionality of the Emerald Driver and Premium sound, but all in one package. It also has different and expanded options not in the other tiers.

https://ultrasabers.com/ultrasabers-diamond-lightsabers/

This will list everything Diamond can do, with all the links for the manual and datasheet so you can explore everything about it.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

ktulu1347
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 87

Nerd for 3 decades plus and darn proud of it

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2020, 04:40:26 AM »

Gave it the full send on the Diamond, figured I probably wouldn't regret it.

I'll post up pics and/or a review next month Grin

You won't regret it.  Smiley  You just ordered one of the best handling sabers in the entire UltraSabers lineup with the most capable setup.  Spinning, sparring, or just looking pretty and sounding awesome, it will do it all.  If it doesn't turn out to be one of your favorites I'd be stunned.  Congrats and enjoy!

"The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain."

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: