Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Using/Spinning Saber out in the front yard  (Read 8584 times)
Musiclover221
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 33

The Force Will Be With You...Always

« on: April 10, 2016, 12:23:05 AM »

Has anyone on here use/spin their sabers in the front yard because im wondering because some people said that people with make fun of me and ive had bad experience(abuse) with some of my neighbours but ive got a back yard too.If you were me would you use lightsaber in the front yard or backyard?

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2016, 01:40:34 AM »

Has anyone on here use/spin their sabers in the front yard because im wondering because some people said that people with make fun of me and ive had bad experience(abuse) with some of my neighbours but ive got a back yard too.If you were me would you use lightsaber in the front yard or backyard?
I always go in the backyard, but only because there's more room there.

I often wondered what the neighbours thought - always assumed they were jealous. Smiley

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Darth Weinstein
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -124

It's more fun on the dark side!

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2016, 01:54:38 AM »

I don't have a front yard, so the back is my only option. I guess it better for privacy. Your neighbors are not attuned to the force. If my neighbors derided me for honing my saber skills, I would have to force choke them.  Wink

My sabers: Dominix LE V4 BR, Manticore CE Nickel Plated VA, Grab Bag Aeon V3 CG, Bellicose SRD, Grab Bag Dark Apprentice LE V4 GB, Dark Liberator V3 DVA, Bane BH, Raffle Third Prize Dark Initiate V4 GB.

The only Jewish Sith Lord in the galaxy. I'm as ruthless as the next guy, but I feel guilty about it.

azn86.jedi
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 32

The struggle betwix light and darkness never ends

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2016, 02:23:12 AM »

My answer is whatever feels more comfortable for you, and importantly to practice spins you'll need adequate space. If your backyard is big enough, then practice there. As Darth Weinstein said, it does offer more privacy. I'm considered an introvert at best, so practicing in the front yard myself for all to see isn't something I'd do very often (that and the family cars are all there, and I don't want an errant saber flying into someone's windscreen or at the car in general).

I've met with one or two guys from my saber choreography group a number of times downtown in some VERY public spaces. It may only be that I'm fortunate that people that come up to me are either in awe, or just curious as to what we're doing. Even had a cop come up to us and started playing the "Duel of the Fates" theme from Ep1, which I thought was frigging awesome.

I find generally people that make fun of you, especially if you're doing something like this,  can mean that deep down they are jealous that you have a hobby that you enjoy and can be proud of.

Ultrasabers-
Guardian GB^|Consular FO|Archon v2.1 CG|Manticore CE VA|Bellicose BR|>Emerald+Obs v4
Sentinel V4 FO|Dominix LE V4 BR Staff|Dark Initiate V4 BR|2x Dark Sentinel LE V4 CG|Dark Liberator AB|Aeon V4 BR|Std Issue BS BR|>stunt
Co-Founder: Southern Rogues Saber TCC Website: https://www.facebook.com/SothernRoguesTCC/

Musiclover221
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2016, 03:44:20 AM »

Thanks guys for the input you have giving me the courage not to care what my bullying neighbours think and just have fun.I keep telling my parents that this is a hobby and if people make fun of me that their sickness and ill just keep on enjoying like you said the hobby of lightsabers.I guess if they do make fun of me ill use the force to calm down and ill just remind myself their the sith like Darth Vader and the Emperor and that their trying to bringing me to the dark side but then I ignore them and become a stronger jedi and not turn to the dark side

azn86.jedi
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2016, 02:32:59 PM »

Surround yourself with like minded people as well. If they like lightsabers, you can point them here. XD

This saber community is pretty supportive. So feel free to voice your concerns anytime. There will be plenty of people to help you along with a good tip here and a little bit of advice there.

Point for you for finding the courage. It's never easy to stand up and be firm against those who perceive you to be different from them.

Ultrasabers-
Guardian GB^|Consular FO|Archon v2.1 CG|Manticore CE VA|Bellicose BR|>Emerald+Obs v4
Sentinel V4 FO|Dominix LE V4 BR Staff|Dark Initiate V4 BR|2x Dark Sentinel LE V4 CG|Dark Liberator AB|Aeon V4 BR|Std Issue BS BR|>stunt
Co-Founder: Southern Rogues Saber TCC Website: https://www.facebook.com/SothernRoguesTCC/

Darth Weinstein
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -124

It's more fun on the dark side!

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2016, 03:13:59 PM »

Thanks guys for the input you have giving me the courage not to care what my bullying neighbours think and just have fun.I keep telling my parents that this is a hobby and if people make fun of me that their sickness and ill just keep on enjoying like you said the hobby of lightsabers.I guess if they do make fun of me ill use the force to calm down and ill just remind myself their the sith like Darth Vader and the Emperor and that their trying to bringing me to the dark side but then I ignore them and become a stronger jedi and not turn to the dark side

It's also a hobby with a lot of upside. It's exercise, cardio, hand eye coordination. Exercise is never a bad thing. Plus, it's so much fun! Keep training and having a great time doing it.

My sabers: Dominix LE V4 BR, Manticore CE Nickel Plated VA, Grab Bag Aeon V3 CG, Bellicose SRD, Grab Bag Dark Apprentice LE V4 GB, Dark Liberator V3 DVA, Bane BH, Raffle Third Prize Dark Initiate V4 GB.

The only Jewish Sith Lord in the galaxy. I'm as ruthless as the next guy, but I feel guilty about it.

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2016, 02:38:42 AM »

I don't give a damn, I just go out and do it.  Sometimes the neighbors watch.  It enrages the neighbors dogs.  They probably think I'm weird too because I usually let my tortoise roam around while I practice too XD

Sometimes I go to the park and people honk when they drive by.  Kids usually think it's cool.

Musiclover221
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2016, 03:42:06 AM »

I don't give a damn, I just go out and do it.  Sometimes the neighbors watch.  It enrages the neighbors dogs.  They probably think I'm weird too because I usually let my tortoise roam around while I practice too XD

Sometimes I go to the park and people honk when they drive by.  Kids usually think it's cool.

Today there were these two guys in a car that were going "woohoo yeah".they seemed excited and amazed by the,(I was duel wielding 2 Ultrasabers).Even kids that saw my Ultrasaber were so amazed by it,you guys at the Ultrasabers community are right these Ultrasabers with obsidian sound is just out of this world.Everyday I lose my mind every morning when I "ignite" the US and hear the hum and spinning sounds.at night dont get me wrong at night I get shivers when I hear the hum from my US thats how great US are!!

azn86.jedi
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2016, 07:27:10 AM »

The lightsaber is such an amazing thing.

Yes, although some people call it overglorified flashlights (resident Sith Lords, feel free to cut these people down XD)

Amazingly it has the power to draw people to you. I've probably had at least a dozen people now either go hysterical or at least even mentioned that it was cool.
I don't give a damn, I just go out and do it.
Being an introvert I've also begun to care a lot less about what I do with my lightsabers out in the public. Going out of my comfort zone isn't easy for me, but once I'm out of that zone, most of the time I'm glad I took the step out =D

Ultrasabers-

Duskheart
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -41

Bookaflock!

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2016, 04:14:35 AM »

I go in the front or side yards, but that's only because the backyard is a minefield of dog crap - wouldn't wanna step in it, or drop a saber into it.  I kinda stopped caring what people think about stuff I do years ago, so it's like w/e

But yeah, wherever you have space and are comfortable, is really what it comes down to

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2030

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2016, 07:25:14 AM »

Yeah just ignore the bullies/haters that come around. I might even start getting more saber active not caring what others think anymore =]

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Musiclover221
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2016, 02:04:19 PM »

Yeah just ignore the bullies/haters that come around. I might even start getting more saber active not caring what others think anymore =]

I have started 3 weeks ago just walking around the neighbourhood with my stunt saber just spinning it around their is some people who are amazed by it and they are some haters,I even showed people who worked at a restaurant in a town near here and they knew abot Ultrasabers.

outrim pirate
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -3

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2016, 04:06:56 PM »

I have, both by myself and with the family. Neighbor across the street was coming home after sunset when I was battling the kids, said it looked really cool.

Another time while out by myself a car drove by and then stopped. Sat there for a minute or three, then drove off.

Three nights ago the lady next door had guests over, and the parking slipped over onto the road in front of my house. A couple of her guests stood out by their car talking while the kids and I were bashing each other. Not sure if they were watching or what (if I let my guard down I would have surely gotten smacked), but they were there for awhile.

Here in the Outrim Void, people are fairly used to seeing geeky things. In fact, according to the map on Obsidian Portal, there are at least four other tabletop gaming groups in my immediate neighborhood.

Rathayatra
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 98

"Mud hole? Slimy? My home this is"

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2016, 04:20:21 PM »

Spin in whatever yard you want.  if they physically abuse you call police however if they verbally abuse you accept more force and ignore them.  they are envious .  light points to you .

lightside points please --- thanks an old youngling
Initiate LE v4 CG             
Prophesy v3 OPS GB 
Graflex GB OPS
Yoda FX
Dk. Prophesy v3 SY
Standard Issue Battle v3 GB
Dk. Prophesy v3 VA
Archon v2.1 GB
Dk. Prophesy v3 CG
Dk. Menace tri GB
Consular v4 GB Nickel