Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: How do i keep the led in place???  (Read 1582 times)
metalman
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: January 16, 2012, 02:13:12 AM »

I was wondering, how do i keep the LED in place of the dark shock body and the dark war glaive emitter???
Any help would be much appreciated!

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 02:53:43 AM »

If I understand your question correctly you'll looking for how to keep the LED still inside the hilt (body) of the saber.  The design is for the blade to hold the LED still, so if you have removed the blade you have two options.  Engineer a blade plug (more work) or take the retention screw and screw it in until is just slightly enters the emitter of the hilt.  This will keep the LED from popping out of the hilt.

If I missed your questions, please rephrase it and I'll give it another go.

Cheers.

metalman
Force Sensitive

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 02:57:21 AM »

If I understand your question correctly you'll looking for how to keep the LED still inside the hilt (body) of the saber.  The design is for the blade to hold the LED still, so if you have removed the blade you have two options.  Engineer a blade plug (more work) or take the retention screw and screw it in until is just slightly enters the emitter of the hilt.  This will keep the LED from popping out of the hilt.

If I missed your questions, please rephrase it and I'll give it another go.

Cheers.
Hey that's a good idea but how will i be able to engineer a blade plug because i am TOTALLY new at all of this and not very handy with electronics and building stuff.
Thanks for the answer and sorry it wasn't clear! Smiley

metalman
Force Sensitive

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 03:04:10 AM »

do you also know if there is a part i can buy at the custom saber shop or @ultra sabers?
Thanks again for the reply!

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 05:42:09 AM »

Hey that's a good idea but how will i be able to engineer a blade plug because i am TOTALLY new at all of this and not very handy with electronics and building stuff.
Thanks for the answer and sorry it wasn't clear! Smiley

Some people here have gotten some nice results using an extra piece of blade material(poly carb tube) and some blade covers from an electric razor.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

metalman
Force Sensitive

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 03:51:46 PM »

Thanks for the post, do you know of any other way because i am NOT very handy in this kinda field. (aka: stupid lol)
Do you know if i could buy like a blade holder from ultra or TCSS to screw it in place or something because a link to it would be perfect! (not that i don't like your idea because it's a good one!)
Thanks!

Uli-Winn
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 6

I serve no master.

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2012, 06:11:41 PM »

Thanks for the post, do you know of any other way because i am NOT very handy in this kinda field. (aka: stupid lol)
Do you know if i could buy like a blade holder from ultra or TCSS to screw it in place or something because a link to it would be perfect! (not that i don't like your idea because it's a good one!)
Thanks!

Anyone else confused by what he is asking here?

Standard Issue (GB), Standard Issue (CG), Liberator (GB Grab Bag), MR Obi-Wan ROTS (Conversion in Progress), MR Darth Vader (Conversion Pending), Hasbro Mace Windu (LAME)

metalman
Force Sensitive

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2012, 06:26:10 PM »

HOTDOG!
I used electrical tape and it worked like a charm!
Thank You All For Your Help. Sorry for the mishap!

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2012, 11:57:21 PM »

Something that I do is take a piece of Polycarbonate tubing and start cutting is a pressure pipe cutter.  This makes a small indention in the tube.  Then a finish the cut with a scissor style pipe cutter.  Your LED will slide into it and also act as a blade stop as well. 

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: