Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Are PVC sabers still available for sale?  (Read 1198 times)
srams
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 375

Speak softly and carry a big saber...

« on: January 31, 2012, 11:52:31 PM »

Hey does anyone know if its still possible (or will it be again in the future) to buy PVC sabers... I have some grand plans for some organic style sith sabers and I would need them to be made out of PVC due to a lot of carving. I have seen the parts for sale (I.E. LED modules and switches etc. and I can buy PVC parts at Lowes) but Im not very good with wiring and soldering.

If the answer is NO then is there any kind of wiring and soldering tutorial out there that not only shows how to do a basic set up but more andvanced as well with soundboards and resistors and drivers etc.? I think I could figure it out Ok, I was successful in installing a new switch into my old PVC dominix after I broke it...(Pic to come soon) But I have no idea how to do more advanced installations. Thanks!

"I will always oppose the Darkness, but I will never hesitate to defend myself from the Light..."

"I looked my demons in the eye and said, do your best to destroy me. See, I've been to hell and back so many times I must admit you kind of bore me."

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 01:38:36 AM »

Hello! To answer your question, no. There's no more PVC options from US, unless they were to change their minds, but they said awhile back I believe that the cost difference between PVC and metal has decreased so much for them that it just doesn't make sense to do PVC anymore.

As for wiring diagrams and tutorials.... I've seen loads of them over at the TCSS forums (can't link you there due to site rules here, but you can google Wink ) but only a handful here. You can always ask members for tips, tricks, and advice though! And there are some diagrams floating around if you search. Mostly for Obsidian, but there's some for other things as well. ALSO..... I'd suggest shooting an email to [email protected] and they will likely be MORE than happy to set you up with the info you need to wire up parts from their store in your own hilt. Smiley

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

srams
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 375

Speak softly and carry a big saber...

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 11:40:55 PM »

Awsome! Thanks for the help! I have visited TCSS but never thought to look for tutorials there, thanks!

"I will always oppose the Darkness, but I will never hesitate to defend myself from the Light..."

"I looked my demons in the eye and said, do your best to destroy me. See, I've been to hell and back so many times I must admit you kind of bore me."

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 07:17:14 AM »

No problem.

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: