Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: First Saber, and Winter Raffle 2 win! (Manticore, CReaper respectively)  (Read 1339 times)
Kilazar
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -1

« on: March 11, 2014, 09:11:37 PM »

Here is a video for my son's new Manticore, and my First place prize Crimson Reaper!

It's short and sweet, and no you do not get to see my pretty face. I'm not a fan of having a high internet pressence. But US was cool enough to  give me a free saber, and modify my order (at no cost to me and unknown to me) to include an av switch on my son's manticore.

Seriously, you guy's rock!

Manticore: Fire Orange, Obsidian, AV switch. FoC is Red.
Crimson Reaper: Emerald 2 channel B+G, Obsidian and Av switch.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqnRTNeXpTY" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqnRTNeXpTY</a>

Jedijosh
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 105

Come back to the light side we have chips & Salsa

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 09:19:06 PM »

Great review kilazar:). Enjoy your reaper and manticore:).

Sabers:
Aeon v2 (CG), Archon v2.1 (VA), Graflex CE (Obsidian Emerald), Guardian (Obsidian GB),

Wish list:
Azure Mantis, Arbiter, Bellicose in RGB, Chosen One CE, Consular in CG, Prophecy v3

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 10:54:02 PM »

Nice but I couldn't hear anything at all.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 10:56:54 PM »

Okay now its working. Weird. The Manticore is tiny compared to the Reaper. Lol.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Kilazar
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2014, 11:41:59 PM »

Okay now its working. Weird. The Manticore is tiny compared to the Reaper. Lol.

I'm thinking of losing the pommel for something low profile. If you do that, they come alot closer in size. The big part of the size gap is the pommel, and then everything after the flange part of the emitter.

If you really like the hilt, you can lose the emitter and pommel to bring it down a ton.

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2014, 02:52:59 AM »

That CR is massive!  I like the sabers, I have a Manticore in VA and it is an awesome hilt to own, your son will be very happy!

Kilazar
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2014, 12:29:33 PM »

That CR is massive!  I like the sabers, I have a Manticore in VA and it is an awesome hilt to own, your son will be very happy!

I know he will too bad his bday is not until mide late April. Not going to lie, I'm a bit jealous of his Manticore, only because it looks so damn good. But I do love the Reaper, and I'll be less jeoulous once I switch out the pommel.

Toying with the idea of a different emitter as well. I tried my sons manticore emiter, but it didn't screw in all the way so there was an odd gap. Is there something I can order from US that is already fitted to cover that gap? You can't use the CR's shroud bit with the other emiter. If there is, I might replace the emiter as well. Just to take some of the size down, And have more visual options for my ADD Cheesy

Kal-El
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 97

Demon with the face of an Angel

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2014, 04:37:16 PM »

I toyed around with different emitters and found that the gap is preset for the shroud and without it nothing will sit flush against the hilt, however I did not try to have a thread or 2 removed so it could sit lower. That thought came to mind long after I'd completely customized my azure reaper with all US parts to form the "Kryptonian" and I ended up using the emitter from the shock which fit the best due to the way it tapers up from the gap.

Lightside points if any are given

Kal-El
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 97

Demon with the face of an Angel

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2014, 04:38:15 PM »

Oh yeah plus 1 for the video and welcome to the Manticore family!

Lightside points if any are given

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: