Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 358 359 [360] 361 362 ... 624   Go Down
Author Topic: Posting Game 2: Electric Boogaloo  (Read 1279614 times)
Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #5385 on: November 30, 2018, 05:55:12 PM »

80 gig? That's cute. I've actually wondered how many Tb of info that human brain is actually capable of holding. Possibly even exabytes.

Exactly. It's adorable right? I believe the current estimations on what we can hold is up to 2.5 Petabytes.

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2789

Grey Assassin

« Reply #5386 on: November 30, 2018, 05:56:45 PM »

Sometimes I forget that your not older than me. Cheesy You don't have to worry about falling into Millennial norms.
I don't think any one here has to worry about falling into the norms of their respective generations. We are all Gen WTF and in this together if you ask me.

Thanks DS.  Someone has faith in me  Cheesy

80 gig? That's cute. I've actually wondered how many Tb of info that human brain is actually capable of holding. Possibly even exabytes.

I doubt anyone would get close to Exabytes, not even Petabyte. Maybe when humans evolve more within hundreds of years if we're still around

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #5387 on: November 30, 2018, 07:24:51 PM »

So does anyone know where exactly Taegin is? I had determined that he lives in Alaska a while ago and they just had a 7.0 Earthquake near Anchorage. I've been through a 7.1 and it's no joke. After shocks alone that can last for days are scary and destructive. I hope he's somewhere far away. I PM'd him and haven't heard back or seen him post anywhere since the news first broke.

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #5388 on: November 30, 2018, 07:26:23 PM »

So does anyone know where exactly Taegin is? I had determined that he lives in Alaska a while ago and they just had a 7.0 Earthquake near Anchorage. I've been through a 7.1 and it's no joke. After shocks alone that can last for days are scary and destructive. I hope he's somewhere far away. I PM'd him and haven't heard back or seen him post anywhere since the news first broke.

I did not realized that they had an earthquake nearby but I haven't been in the loop this week so excuse my lack of knowledge on the matter. I sure hope he's okay

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #5389 on: November 30, 2018, 07:40:27 PM »

I did not realized that they had an earthquake nearby but I haven't been in the loop this week so excuse my lack of knowledge on the matter. I sure hope he's okay

I catch most of this stuff before most people because I usually have a 24 hour news channel on 24 hours a day. Why? because I really want to put my blood pressure meds to the test Roll Eyes. Alaska's obviously a big place, he may be no where near Anchorage.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #5390 on: November 30, 2018, 07:42:52 PM »

I catch most of this stuff before most people because I usually have a 24 hour news channel on 24 hours a day. Why? because I really want to put my blood pressure meds to the test Roll Eyes. Alaska's obviously a big place, he may be no where near Anchorage.

Hey, I know where to get my news from then.  And there you go, I just got an email mentioning the earthquake

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5391 on: November 30, 2018, 07:50:01 PM »

Exactly. It's adorable right? I believe the current estimations on what we can hold is up to 2.5 Petabytes.
Only Peta? That's still pretty impressive......for a human.

I doubt anyone would get close to Exabytes, not even Petabyte. Maybe when humans evolve more within hundreds of years if we're still around
I'm not talking about simple knowledge storage. I'm talking about every process. Not just knowing song lyrics, but knowing the individual notes and what instrument is making them, and how loudly they are being played, and how best to imitate those sounds. Knowing how much force is necessary to take a step without falling, but also jumping off the ground. NTM, think of how many faces you can identify on sight, and whether or not you know them....or even like them. How to coordinate your fingers to tie a simple bow in your shoe laces. You add all those little things up, and they would quickly stress a computer's processor. And we can do all that I listed by the age of 5.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #5392 on: November 30, 2018, 08:47:42 PM »

Only Peta? That's still pretty impressive......for a human.

Yes. for a human. Tell that to a Pleiadian and watch them laugh there glopgorgs off with their 2.7 Yottabyte brains.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5393 on: November 30, 2018, 08:54:21 PM »

Yes. for a human. Tell that to a Pleiadian and watch them laugh there glopgorgs off with their 2.7 Yottabyte brains.
Whoever

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #5394 on: November 30, 2018, 08:59:57 PM »

Whoever

Indeed.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #5395 on: November 30, 2018, 09:01:35 PM »

I'm fine. About a 6-8 hour drive from Anchorage.  Wink Did feel it though. Shook for about 20 seconds or more. At first I thought I had just gotten super dizzy all of a sudden, but then we noticed the chandelier swinging. Wasn't on because I had to leave for school.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #5396 on: November 30, 2018, 09:14:29 PM »

I'm fine. About a 6-8 hour drive from Anchorage.  Wink Did feel it though. Shook for about 20 seconds or more. At first I thought I had just gotten super dizzy all of a sudden, but then we noticed the chandelier swinging. Wasn't on because I had to leave for school.

YAY! 

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #5397 on: November 30, 2018, 02:18:15 PM »

Good to hear, Taegin.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1559

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #5398 on: November 30, 2018, 09:45:58 PM »

Hi Taegin, glad to hear you are ok. I hope the same goes to everyone else in the vicinity. We had a very rare 3.0 quake in the UK a few years ago but as I live on the top floor of a tower block my flat moves all the time so I didn't realise it happened.

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #5399 on: November 30, 2018, 11:13:30 PM »

Hi Taegin, glad to hear you are ok. I hope the same goes to everyone else in the vicinity. We had a very rare 3.0 quake in the UK a few years ago but as I live on the top floor of a tower block my flat moves all the time so I didn't realise it happened.

HA! You live on very stable ground. In California we had a 3.9 and a 4.0 since Tuesday. Business as usual. We have over 10,000 earthquakes a year.

Pages: 1 ... 358 359 [360] 361 362 ... 624   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: