Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Lightsaber Whip  (Read 880 times)
Galef
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 209

Light side preferred, Dark side accepted

« on: June 09, 2021, 01:22:02 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8MtVHwIj2Y" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8MtVHwIj2Y</a>

Video embedded by your friendly neighborhood, Mod
« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 12:55:09 PM by Infinit01 » Logged

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2021, 04:34:13 AM »

Very informative, thanks!

And here is another reason to get a tri-Cree added to my collection eventually.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2021, 12:55:43 PM »

Looks good, I like it!

janx
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -21

Vote for Neutrality!

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2021, 08:55:35 PM »

Very cool.

I have some science thoughts.

the blue color is cutting out midway because of wavelength science stuff.

That's why the purple turns to red, because the blue stops midway.

Now it might be because the blue wavelength is longer and colliding differently with the walls of the fiber optic or the fiber optic itself is an imperfect medium that blocks blue light wavelengths to some extent (in the same way that the sky is blue, all other wavelengths get blocked by the atmosphere).

a real physics person can explain it and correct the science, but I suspect I'm close to the issue.

It's probably wavelength blockage. All the fiber optic I've ever used has been red laser, and that's probably because red was the first laser color and fiber optic was made for it and probably hasn't changed the material with the advent of new LED/laser colors.

Galef
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 209

Light side preferred, Dark side accepted

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2021, 02:59:48 PM »

Very cool.

I have some science thoughts.

the blue color is cutting out midway because of wavelength science stuff.

That's why the purple turns to red, because the blue stops midway.

Now it might be because the blue wavelength is longer and colliding differently with the walls of the fiber optic or the fiber optic itself is an imperfect medium that blocks blue light wavelengths to some extent (in the same way that the sky is blue, all other wavelengths get blocked by the atmosphere).

a real physics person can explain it and correct the science, but I suspect I'm close to the issue.

It's probably wavelength blockage. All the fiber optic I've ever used has been red laser, and that's probably because red was the first laser color and fiber optic was made for it and probably hasn't changed the material with the advent of new LED/laser colors.

I think your are right.  It's a cool novelty item to have in my saber collection and a good thing one of my 2 remaining Ultrasabers is Tri-Red.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: