Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 915   Go Down
Author Topic: (im)Patiently waiting for my new _______!!!  (Read 2154820 times)
Kresnik
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 111

« Reply #2235 on: August 11, 2013, 11:03:40 PM »

Nice buy!  I love the Bellicose, I think the hilt goes well with any saber color.  Mine is AB with AS FoC. Can't wait to see what you think of it! Grin

Yeah, I have been pretty excited.  I decided to go with the Red Illuminated Switch because to me it seems to give it a more of a true button feel to it as far as looks are concerned.  I was torn between the non -illuminated but decided to go with the Red switch to match the red button at the top of the hilt.. I was going to go for Gold or Chrome button with non illuminated but I think I will like the color contrast with the red on silver / black

In order of favorite
Bellicose in PO w/ Obsidian
DSI vert grooves 4 ch Emerald  w/ Stunt
Guardian 2 Ch Emerald w/ Obsidian (1st Place Raffle prize)
Aeon V2 in CG Stunt (sort of modified)

Arch998
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 3

« Reply #2236 on: August 12, 2013, 06:19:43 AM »

So I've taken the plunge one more time... then some serious saving up for school will have to happen over the next little while. Anyways this is what I've ordered today Smiley
The Graflex CE with Sound
[Blade LED Color:Violet Amethyst]
[Flash on Clash:Flash Silver]
[Battery Configuration:Li-Ion Setup with BuckPuck (Batteries & Universal Charger Included)]
[Recharge Port:No Recharge Port]
[Blade Option:UltraEdge Heavy Grade]
[Sound:Yes, Obsidian USB Sound w/ Blue Illuminated AV Switch]
[Front Button Color:Gold]
[Rear Button Color:Bronze]
[Blade Set Screw Type:Button]
[Blade Tip:POINTED TIP]
[Include Retention Screw Wrench:Sure!]
[Include Blade Plug:Yes]
[Include Covertec Clip:No Thanks]

Getting it in DVA for a Jaina Solo and Mara Jade mashup.  it will round out my Jedi and Sith sabers with sound collection to two a piece and a unisex Manticore in CG
I'm so excited yet again... This is seriously one of the most addictive hobbies I have ever had... lol
Arch

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #2237 on: August 12, 2013, 07:32:30 AM »

Congrats on that Graflex, and you're right, it is an addictive hobby Tongue

Waxman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 114

« Reply #2238 on: August 13, 2013, 06:28:20 PM »

Ultrasaber: Bellicose
Blade LED Color:Violet Amethyst
Battery Configuration:Li-Ion Setup with BuckPuck (Batteries Included *ONLY*)
Recharge Port:No Recharge Port
Blade Option:Mid Grade
Blade Holder:Black
Button Color:Red
Pommel Version:Long Grooves
Quick Disconnect:Sure, Add Them!
Blade Tip:Round Tip
Include Retention Screw Wrench:No Thanks
Include Blade Plug:No Thanks
Include Covertec Clip:No Thanks

I went and bought a Bellicose without sound for the 15% off everything sale.  I had about 614 reward points saved up which resulted in a $30 price reduction which tremendously helped a lot.  I guess all those Grab-Bag purchases and Video-Review Reward came in handy after all.  Cool
I purchased it with the original intention of getting one that would have Fire Orange. until I decided I wanted Pyrestone Orange.  It was only then that I remembered that I had an Adegan Silver MLS Unit and Lee Filters which allowed me to make a sort of off-shoot of the PO color.  With that said, I made sure to get Quick Disconnect to insert either my CG or AS MLS Unit should I wish it, but I ultimately decided on Violet Amethyst as the primary color.  This was a weird decision to me as it's a color that I severely lack in my arsenal but also one that I tend to be the least enthusiastic about; but everyone I talk to or that plays with my sabers mentions how they wish I had a "Purple Lightsaber".

I personally requested in the comments for Ultrasabers to see if they could install the Covertec Wheel on the "right" side as opposed to the "left", much like my Bane as I would imagine that it would be a lot more comfortable to hold with the wheel fitted underneath or in between my fingers, again just like my Bane.
I sure hope that this request goes through, but I'm sure I can live without it regardless or try to adapt to it, it just would be really nice, however.  I have a feeling Ultrasabers made the original decision to put it on the "left" side of the saber when it was released for a reason; for what I cannot comprehend however.  Undecided

Anyway, I'm really excited for this saber.  I will most likely send it back someday to have sound and FoC installed as well as maybe an AV Switch if possible as I really want this saber to be MY saber, particularly in it having either PO or FO.  I always found this saber design to call out to me but I also found it to look the best in the orange colors, for some reason that I cannot explain.  Smiley

As I was writing this I just realized that I purchased another Ultrasaber last night, a design that I've wanted for oh so terribly long.  I am seriously impatiently waiting now, haha!  Grin

Ultrasabers:
Bellicose-VA. Bane-BR. Consular-CG. x2 Initiate V3-SY. Aeon V3-GB. x4 Yari [Pike] Extensions.
Grab-Bag:
Aeon V3-GB. Dark Liberator V3-AB. Dominix V2-AB. Dominix V2-GB. Initiate V2-BR
Wishlist:
Manticore-PO. Dark Catalyst-Emerald. Shock LE-SY. Overlord-BR. Bellicose-VA. Archon-CG. Arbiter-AS.

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #2239 on: August 13, 2013, 09:38:13 PM »

I sure hope that this request goes through, but I'm sure I can live without it regardless or try to adapt to it, it just would be really nice, however.  I have a feeling Ultrasabers made the original decision to put it on the "left" side of the saber when it was released for a reason; for what I cannot comprehend however.  Undecided

Probably something to do with 3/4s of people being right handed, at a guess. The wheel sits nicely for me (being right handed) as I hold the 'sabre two-handed.

The Bellicose is a tremendous lightsabre, and you won't be disappointed with it. The long-term plans sound great, but I really think you'll love it even 'as is' - I know that even if I had the money, I think I'd keep my Bellicose as it is (I do have sound, though) even though things like the AV switch are growing on me.

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #2240 on: August 13, 2013, 09:42:02 PM »

I've got a Rosco filters swatchbook coming tomorrow and my Prophecy in AS coming Thursday.  A couple more days and it will be fun with filters for me.  Grin

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Scram77
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 8

« Reply #2241 on: August 14, 2013, 07:31:00 AM »

After ordering a Guardian on Friday, it is now Wednesday and it is now about 2 hours away in Dublin!  That's too damn impressive!! 

The fed-ex tracker says I should get it tomorrow at 6pm, but I am still holding out that I get it sooner than that!

Prowl 1701
Knight Commander

« Reply #2242 on: August 14, 2013, 07:43:00 AM »

Looking forward to seeing pics of a Bellicose, a Prophecy and a Guardian soon then guys! Smiley

So happy mine came in today, I've just blown up the gallery board with pics Tongue

Aerthias Kodoun
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 11

Nova 'leven, ready to vape 'em TIEs!

« Reply #2243 on: August 14, 2013, 07:59:44 AM »

I decided to order a new Saber during the 15% off sale even though I literally just purchased a Sentinel Yellow Standard Issue, so I ordered the Saber of my dreams last night - the Shock LE. It was originally going to be my first Saber, but I decided last minute to get the Initiate V3 LE instead, and since I recently reallised i was a purple nut, i got Violet Amethyst. Though I nearly got Bane's Heart instead... Which I wish I had done that... Oh well, it already shipped  Undecided but I CAN'T WAIT I CAN'T WAIT I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got my favorite Saber  Shocked unfortunately, I didn't get sound... Li-ion setup... None of the really cool options. But still, I CAN'T WAIT I CAN'T WAIT I CAN'T WAIT I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!

Prowl 1701
Knight Commander

« Reply #2244 on: August 14, 2013, 08:03:34 AM »

I decided to order a new Saber during the 15% off sale even though I literally just purchased a Sentinel Yellow Standard Issue, so I ordered the Saber of my dreams last night - the Shock LE. It was originally going to be my first Saber, but I decided last minute to get the Initiate V3 LE instead, and since I recently reallised i was a purple nut, i got Violet Amethyst. Though I nearly got Bane's Heart instead... Which I wish I had done that... Oh well, it already shipped  Undecided but I CAN'T WAIT I CAN'T WAIT I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got my favorite Saber  Shocked unfortunately, I didn't get sound... Li-ion setup... None of the really cool options. But still, I CAN'T WAIT I CAN'T WAIT I CAN'T WAIT I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!

Molina, you distract him, I'll get the tranquillizers. :p

Glad to see you so excited about your sabers. 

Aerthias Kodoun
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 11

Nova 'leven, ready to vape 'em TIEs!

« Reply #2245 on: August 14, 2013, 08:22:14 AM »

Molina, you distract him, I'll get the tranquillizers. :p

Glad to see you so excited about your sabers. 

No! I don't need tranquilizers! I would like to be awake during my 16th birthday. (Guess the Shock LE was a Bday gift for myself  Roll Eyes)
And who wouldn't be exited about getting the US they've always wanted?

Waxman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 114

« Reply #2246 on: August 14, 2013, 08:59:05 AM »

Probably something to do with 3/4s of people being right handed, at a guess. The wheel sits nicely for me (being right handed) as I hold the 'sabre two-handed.

The Bellicose is a tremendous lightsabre, and you won't be disappointed with it. The long-term plans sound great, but I really think you'll love it even 'as is' - I know that even if I had the money, I think I'd keep my Bellicose as it is (I do have sound, though) even though things like the AV switch are growing on me.

I'm actually a bit confused as to your explanation.  The covertec wheel shows itself being on the left side, which means that [assuming you're right handed] you can either hold your left hand below, above, or on top of the covertec wheel.  I have found that holding my left hand above the covertec wheel to be extremely uncomfortable, with the exception of the Bane which has it on the opposite ["right"] side of where the Bellicose's covertec wheel is.
I tried to imagine myself holding the Bellicose below or above the wheel, as viewed in the short video Ultra provides, but to no avail, the covertec wheel looks like it's in an awkward position, but namely for right-handed people.

So in a way, my request is actually better for right-handed wielders because now I can wrap my hands around where the Covertec Wheel is but have it so the wheel is where my fingers are, not the palm of my hand.

Other than that, I am indeed looking forward to it.  There's something about its design that looks so comfortable, almost like it's a "sister saber" to the Bane or something.  They both came out relatively the same time and they both share similar designs and come with their own covertec wheels, pommels, and selective grips.  Smiley

Ultrasabers:
Bellicose-VA. Bane-BR. Consular-CG. x2 Initiate V3-SY. Aeon V3-GB. x4 Yari [Pike] Extensions.
Grab-Bag:
Aeon V3-GB. Dark Liberator V3-AB. Dominix V2-AB. Dominix V2-GB. Initiate V2-BR
Wishlist:
Manticore-PO. Dark Catalyst-Emerald. Shock LE-SY. Overlord-BR. Bellicose-VA. Archon-CG. Arbiter-AS.

Scram77
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #2247 on: August 14, 2013, 10:05:34 AM »

YES!  Only 3 hrs after posting saying that it was 2 hrs away - I now have my Guardian!  Will post pics later - but so impressed with the shipping!

As for the saber?  Well - what do you expect with Ultrasabers?  It's astonishing!  Although I had to put it away after 2 mins as my boss was giving me strange looks, I will have a better look this evening!

The only thing I did not was the coloured guarded switch on it.  I went with no sound and was expecting to see the black switch like on the website, however my switch is blue (which I figure to match the blade) - just wondered if this was standard now?

sedstiskyfaller
Artisan of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 617

Blue is my color, it is who I am

« Reply #2248 on: August 14, 2013, 11:57:18 AM »

YES!  Only 3 hrs after posting saying that it was 2 hrs away - I now have my Guardian!  Will post pics later - but so impressed with the shipping!

As for the saber?  Well - what do you expect with Ultrasabers?  It's astonishing!  Although I had to put it away after 2 mins as my boss was giving me strange looks, I will have a better look this evening!

The only thing I did not was the coloured guarded switch on it.  I went with no sound and was expecting to see the black switch like on the website, however my switch is blue (which I figure to match the blade) - just wondered if this was standard now?

The colored switches have been showing up on grab bags so it must be something US is doing now for stunt sabers.

The black switches only come on sabers with sound if you don't request an a/v switch be added instead.

Scram77
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #2249 on: August 14, 2013, 12:59:13 PM »

The colored switches have been showing up on grab bags so it must be something US is doing now for stunt sabers.

The black switches only come on sabers with sound if you don't request an a/v switch be added instead.
[/quote

Ah ok - cheers mate
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 01:02:50 PM by Scram77 » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 915   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: