Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 394 395 [396] 397 398 ... 915   Go Down
Author Topic: (im)Patiently waiting for my new _______!!!  (Read 2142765 times)
darthdoctor
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 1

Dark Side, please and thank you!

« Reply #5925 on: February 19, 2016, 05:04:22 PM »

Missed the delivery from USPS so I had to go pick it up from the post office today bUT IT'S FINALLY HERE!  Grin

Grab bag ended up being a Dark Apprentice LE in Blazing Red. Kinda miffed it's not a full-size hilt but grab-baggers can't be choosers (I think I'm funny), especially in this hectic time. But it acts as a nice foil to my Dark Standard Issue in CG. Time to wrap it back up to reveal to the lady friend later...

"Who's scruffy lookin'?"

Collection:
Dark Standard Issue (Grab bag) in Consular Green (Now with Obsidian Lite!)
Dark Apprentice LE in Blazing Red (Grab bag); 28/28

Mivew128
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 27

Light Side Points please

« Reply #5926 on: February 19, 2016, 05:12:12 PM »

Missed the delivery from USPS so I had to go pick it up from the post office today bUT IT'S FINALLY HERE!  Grin

Grab bag ended up being a Dark Apprentice LE in Blazing Red. Kinda miffed it's not a full-size hilt but grab-baggers can't be choosers (I think I'm funny), especially in this hectic time. But it acts as a nice foil to my Dark Standard Issue in CG. Time to wrap it back up to reveal to the lady friend later...

Dark side point for that joke. xD

Owned:
Obsidian Bellicose (TRI Consular Green, Blue Button, Long Groves)
Stunt Aeon V4 (Sunrider's Destiny)
Stunt Sentinel LE (Arctic Blue)

Want:
Obsidian Electrum Wind (Violet Amethyst, Black Pommel)
Obsidian Flamberge LE (Blazing Red)

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #5927 on: February 19, 2016, 05:39:17 PM »

Actually, you might consider grabbing a premium pommel for it.  The Dark Apprentice with the Renegade small pommel looks pretty sweet, and with that extra couple of inches it works just fine as a full-up dueling hilt, even two-handed.

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=28769.0

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5928 on: February 19, 2016, 05:57:56 PM »

Is it even possible to buy another Bellicose blade plug? I only see the Raven available xD
Also

Bellicosi?

Bellicoses?

Bela Lugosi? Nope...

A) This made me laugh
B) You seem a little trigger happy with the enter key
C) They offer this: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=11414.0 I'm sure if you email them, they could give you a price for a single part, or tell you how to order what you want. [email protected]

Ah good idea with getting a second blade holder Smiley next order i make i'll chuck one on! thank you.

Also, what's the trick? I've got a Jedi outfit which it would be helpful for Smiley Although for next con i'll be repping a more resistance fighter cosplay, so a jacket rather than robe Smiley

What I did with my robe was to add a "blade pocket". I took about an 8" x 3" piece of fabric (black to match Grin) and sewed it just above the hem. Then I lined up a single strip about 22" (not the full blade length) up from the pocket, to secure the upper portion of the blade. This way you can roll with your belt candy, but still have a blade on hand for photo ops or dueling. Looking good while keeping your hands free. This same technique could be applied to a trench coat as well.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Mivew128
Knight Officer

Light Side Points please

« Reply #5929 on: February 19, 2016, 06:33:40 PM »

*Furiously checks email every 5 minutes* WE HAVE A 136 TODAY PEOPLE!

Owned:

Want:

amnesiack
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 5

« Reply #5930 on: February 19, 2016, 06:51:28 PM »

Update: Still no shipping notification (this is officially day 28/28 for me). Emailed customer service yesterday and got a response late last night saying that my saber was on track to be shipped this week. I'm really unclear as to why a saber that was finished and waiting to be shipped on Sunday still hasn't gone out, especially since I'm seeing other grab bags go out that were ordered later. Kind of a bummer.

Last (probably) update on the topic for me! I got my shipping notification this morning (day 30/28, for those keeping track). I had paid a fairly substantial amount of extra money last Sunday for an overnight shipping upgrade after being told that it would assure that I would get my saber delivered on or before Saturday 2/20. However, FedEx overnight shipping apparently doesn't deliver on weekends, so it won't arrive until Monday.

This is pretty disappointing, given that I spent a bunch of extra money so that I could give this saber as a gift at an out-of-town wedding on Sunday. But what's done is done, and there's not anything I can do about it now. Sith happens.  Wink

I look forward to being able to take a look at it when I get back home next Wednesday and deciding what to do going forward. I would also like to thank Brandon for being a great customer service rep through all of this; he did a bang-up job, despite the end result of the situation being somewhat problematic.

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #5931 on: February 19, 2016, 06:53:40 PM »

Where are you having the saber delivered to, your place or the final recipient's?

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

amnesiack
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #5932 on: February 19, 2016, 06:54:51 PM »

Where are you having the saber delivered to, your place or the final recipient's?

My place. The idea was that I'd have it in hand and take it to the wedding in person.

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #5933 on: February 19, 2016, 07:04:05 PM »

My place. The idea was that I'd have it in hand and take it to the wedding in person.

I'm sorry this didn't work for you.  I wish I'd had a chance to speak with you before this or I would have been able to go through all of your shipping options and warn you in advance. Sad  (I do not work for US...I just know my shipping.  US may have been confused because Ground and USPS DO deliver on Saturdays as part of their standard service.)

Is your plan to ship the saber to its final destination once you receive it?

What I might recommend in your place would be to have a nice card with a note that mentions the gift is on the way, and perhaps a small item either Star Wars-related or something very little off of the wedding registry.  If you feel like being fancy, a photo print of the saber could be cool (you'll need a high-resolution JPG most likely, to be able to print it as a decent 4x6) as a promise of what's to come.

Again I am sorry this didn't work for you. Sad

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

amnesiack
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #5934 on: February 19, 2016, 07:43:15 PM »

I'm sorry this didn't work for you.  I wish I'd had a chance to speak with you before this or I would have been able to go through all of your shipping options and warn you in advance. Sad  (I do not work for US...I just know my shipping.  US may have been confused because Ground and USPS DO deliver on Saturdays as part of their standard service.)

Again I am sorry this didn't work for you. Sad

I appreciate the thoughts.

I didn't pick the shipping method directly. I was just told that in order to assure that the delivery would happen by 2/20, I could pay $X more for a shipping upgrade, so I did. There's also still the question of why it's only just being shipped today, despite me being told it was ready last Saturday. I can see from this thread that other grab-bags ordered after mine have been shipping all week.

But, like I said, I'm trying to let it go and be positive. There's nothing to be gained by ranting and raving.  Smiley

dsheep
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #5935 on: February 19, 2016, 08:29:34 PM »

What did you order?

i ordered a dark initiate le with standard battery and standard sound, day 33 and no email,very upsetting lol

sedstiskyfaller
Artisan of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 617

Blue is my color, it is who I am

« Reply #5936 on: February 19, 2016, 10:45:31 PM »

i ordered a dark initiate le with standard battery and standard sound, day 33 and no email,very upsetting lol

If it's a V4 its likely to be out of stock until March/April unfortunately...

I am in the same boat with my Dominix LE, except mine has only been cooking for a week

twitch77
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -2

« Reply #5937 on: February 19, 2016, 11:09:05 PM »

Day 32 on my stunt dark apprentice v4.
Still processing.
Kinda starting to feel a bit frustrated to be honest.
Sad
/tilts a bit to the darkside.

Mivew128
Knight Officer

Light Side Points please

« Reply #5938 on: February 19, 2016, 11:10:25 PM »

Day 32 on my stunt dark apprentice v4.
Still processing.
Kinda starting to feel a bit frustrated to be honest.
Sad
/tilts a bit to the darkside.

*Gives Dark Side Point because of.....Dark sidedness*

Owned:

Want:

SpiralStatix
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -18

Dark side points please!

« Reply #5939 on: February 20, 2016, 02:01:06 AM »

I was showing one of my friends the saberstaff I ordered that shipped yesterday and saw that it's now out of stock.  I feel lucky...otherwise I may have had to endure much much more (im)patient waiting Grin

WISH LIST:
Consular, Violet Amethyst w/ Obsidian V4 and Blue FOC
Guardian, Sentinel Yellow w/ Obsidian V4 and Emerald
Scorpion, Blazing Red w/ Obsidian V4

Pages: 1 ... 394 395 [396] 397 398 ... 915   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: