Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 461 462 [463] 464 465 ... 915   Go Down
Author Topic: (im)Patiently waiting for my new _______!!!  (Read 2142768 times)
ithekro
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 227

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #6930 on: July 07, 2016, 07:47:01 PM »

The two upgraded sabers arrived with a third free one (no blade).

Both of the older ones were v4 line (Initiate LE and Dark Apprentice LE) grab bags.   The upgrade with shipping cost $675 for the pair (I had hoped the previous sale would cut some of the cost, but it was for new sabers, not upgrades to existing sabers)  The free blade plug and Initiate offers worked though.

The upgrades for both were:
Upgrade to Premium sound (+ Obsidian v4 upgrade)
Upgrade to Li-Ion batteries (required for Premium sound)
Replaced pommels with Shock pommels.
Added Flash on Clash
Added recharge port with 1.2A chargers
New non-illuminated AV switch on Dark Apprentice only (the Initiate come with one as a grab bag)

As grab bags I had added Covertech wheels and heavy blades.

The free Initiate was a v2 model.  So I won't send it back for an upgrade (can't upgrade the v2 for sound)  I will need to order a short blade later.

Still waiting for the Dark Prophecy I order with Obsidian LITE (Not seen one yet in person)

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (AS)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate LE v4 (CG) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (BR) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Dark Prophecy v3 (BR LITE)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #6931 on: July 07, 2016, 08:20:48 PM »

The two upgraded sabers arrived with a third free one (no blade).

Both of the older ones were v4 line (Initiate LE and Dark Apprentice LE) grab bags.   The upgrade with shipping cost $675 for the pair (I had hoped the previous sale would cut some of the cost, but it was for new sabers, not upgrades to existing sabers)  The free blade plug and Initiate offers worked though.

The upgrades for both were:
Upgrade to Premium sound (+ Obsidian v4 upgrade)
Upgrade to Li-Ion batteries (required for Premium sound)
Replaced pommels with Shock pommels.
Added Flash on Clash
Added recharge port with 1.2A chargers
New non-illuminated AV switch on Dark Apprentice only (the Initiate come with one as a grab bag)

As grab bags I had added Covertech wheels and heavy blades.

The free Initiate was a v2 model.  So I won't send it back for an upgrade (can't upgrade the v2 for sound)  I will need to order a short blade later.

Still waiting for the Dark Prophecy I order with Obsidian LITE (Not seen one yet in person)
SICK!

Nice order ithekro. Smiley
+1

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

lovetadraw
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -175

Lawth VS Malice ~The End of Innocence

« Reply #6932 on: July 07, 2016, 08:45:19 PM »

Hey, my emitter got here! The Manticore looks really boss with a Shock emitter. This custom green is 100% green with 2% blue and 1.5% white btw. Very much like Luke's RotJ green IMO. Looks a little bluer on camera.

"Somewhere between darkness and light I reside, seek not to save me, for I needn't rescue."

Emerald Consular Staff (PO and Gold)
Chimera (Custom with Maticore emitter)
Cyan Short Boi (Modified Dark IniV2Le)
Kylo Ren-egade (Custom with Renegade parts)
MHS Luke Hero (Archon emitter)
Mustafar's Wake (Modified Dark Prophecy)
MHS Skywalker Saber
MHS Darth Zannah

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #6933 on: July 07, 2016, 09:10:28 PM »

Hey, my emitter got here! The Manticore looks really boss with a Shock emitter. This custom green is 100% green with 2% blue and 1.5% white btw. Very much like Luke's RotJ green IMO. Looks a little bluer on camera.

Sweet lovetadraw!

Great colour.  If my Emerald Manticore wasn't exactly the way I wanted it right now, I'd totally try that.  Tongue

Which pommel is on there?

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

lovetadraw
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -175

Lawth VS Malice ~The End of Innocence

« Reply #6934 on: July 07, 2016, 09:48:41 PM »

My Consular pommel, it has a nice hole to put a D-ring on too, the only thing is it scuffed up the one side a bit Sad . My Manticore pommel is on my Consular because it's awesome looking with that shroud.

"Somewhere between darkness and light I reside, seek not to save me, for I needn't rescue."

Emerald Consular Staff (PO and Gold)
Chimera (Custom with Maticore emitter)
Cyan Short Boi (Modified Dark IniV2Le)
Kylo Ren-egade (Custom with Renegade parts)
MHS Luke Hero (Archon emitter)
Mustafar's Wake (Modified Dark Prophecy)
MHS Skywalker Saber
MHS Darth Zannah

TuFnGood4U
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 11

« Reply #6935 on: July 08, 2016, 04:55:20 AM »

Waiting on my second US order.

Renegade LE with sound (Emerald)

Prophecy V3

And free grab bag saber.

Tick tock tick tock. 14 weeks 6 days remaining.

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #6936 on: July 08, 2016, 11:30:03 AM »

Waiting on my second US order.

Renegade LE with sound (Emerald)

Prophecy V3

And free grab bag saber.

Tick tock tick tock. 14 weeks 6 days remaining.

That's a good order. Just so you know, some people had to wait more than the 15 week quote time for some of their sabers that were on back order. I'm not saying that will happen to you, but I just want you to understand it is a possibility.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

TuFnGood4U
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 11

« Reply #6937 on: July 08, 2016, 01:25:52 PM »

That's a good order. Just so you know, some people had to wait more than the 15 week quote time for some of their sabers that were on back order. I'm not saying that will happen to you, but I just want you to understand it is a possibility.

Is what it is at this point. I understand that these aren't mass produced. I was very satisfied with my first purchase (Dark Initiate V4 with sound (Emerald). I sent them a email last night and  they told me expected to be ready by mid-August, not to bad.

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #6938 on: July 08, 2016, 02:14:19 PM »

couple hrs shy of recieving my order.....this part of the wait is killer.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

ithekro
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 227

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #6939 on: July 11, 2016, 06:27:55 AM »

While waiting for the Dark Prophecy to be made and shipped I have done something rash (not really)

I ordered two Emerald sabers for a husband and wife.  With 10% off sale that cut off over $100 USD.  And I could still get the free full sized grab bag which will be for their oldest son.  I might use all my accumulated reward points later to have it upgraded for sound.  Assuming I can that is.  After that, unless Ultrasabers comes out with something really neat (or I find someone else to give a saber gift) I should be done purchases for a long while.

I also bought an initiate blade for the previous sale's free initiate since the v2 I got didn't come with one (which is understandable considering I was only having upgrades done and sent everything is a small box).  I cannot upgrade that saber with sound unless Ultrasabers comes up with a way to make their sound systems smaller for the old v2 line.

The two purchased Emerald sabers are the following:

Renegade with Sound (Emerald)
[Main Blade LED Color:Blazing Red for Emerald]
[Left Blade LED Color:Adegan Silver + Color Discs]
[Right Blade LED Color:Adegan Silver + Color Discs]
[Left/Right Blade Channel:Channel 4 (Dedicated to AV Switch) [Recommended]]
[Main Blade Type:36" Midgrade]
[Left Blade Type:6" Midgrade]
[Right Blade Type:6" Midgrade]
[Emerald Driver Configuration:4 Channel Emerald Driver - RGBW LED]
[Flash on Clash:Flash Bane's Heart for Emerald]
[Pulse Mode:Pulse to Red]
[Battery Configuration:Li-Ion Setup for Emerald (Batteries & XTAR VC2 Plus Charger Included) [Summer Sales Strike Back]]
[Recharge Port:No Recharge Port]
[Sound:Obsidian USB V4 Sound! [V4]]
[Switch Type:Silver Non-Illuminated AV Switch]
[AV Switch Channel:Channel 4 (Dedicated to AV Switch) [Recommended]]
[Blade Tip:Round Tips on all blades]
[Renegade Claw Finish:Black]
[Renegade Pommel Size:Large]
[Ship Renegade Assembled?:No, Ship Disassembled]
[Include Retention Screw Wrench:Sure!]
[Include Blade Plug:No Thanks]
[Include Saber Stand:No Thanks]
[Include MINI USB Cable:Yes]
[Include Covertec Clip:No Thanks]
[Install Covertec Wheel:No Thanks]

The Graflex SE with Sound (Emerald)
[Blade LED Color:Arctic Blue for Emerald]
[Emerald Driver Configuration:4 Channel Emerald Driver - RGBW LED]
[Flash on Clash:Flash Silver for Emerald]
[Pulse Mode:Pulse Off]
[Battery Configuration:Li-Ion Setup for Emerald (Batteries & XTAR VC2 Plus Charger Included) [Summer Sales Strike Back]]
[Recharge Port:No Recharge Port]
[Blade Length:32" Length]
[Blade Option:UltraEdge Midgrade]
[Sound:Obsidian USB V4 Sound! [V4]]
[Switch Type:Silver Non-Illuminated AV Switch]
[AV Switch Channel:Channel 4 (Dedicated to AV Switch) [Recommended]]
[Front Button Color:Chrome]
[Rear Button Color:Red]
[Blade Set Screw Type:Button]
[Blade Tip:Round Tip]
[Include Retention Screw Wrench:Sure!]
[Include Blade Plug:Yes, Include Circle Plug]
[Include Saber Stand:No Thanks]
[Include MINI USB Cable:Yes]
[Include Covertec Clip:Yes!]

The Renegade is for the husband.  I think the setup will work for the pulses and I can set it up to look red with the color discs, and it will allow him to change colors later to match the discs or whatever.  I think that is the one he liked.  He'll likely only have it at home.  I might try to preset a Kylo Ren font on his Obsidian v4 in the months before I give it to him.   He's technical and likes gadgets so he might like playing with the colors and sounds.  I considered getting a red illuminated AV switch, but really didn't want to have to think about how that would work with the side blades and the pulse modes.

The Graflex is for his wife so she can be the hero.  She's also a teacher so I figured she might want to wear to sometimes.  I was originally just going to get her a single color saber with FoC, but the pulse mode appeals to me, and she might want to change the color to reflect her moods.

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (AS)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate LE v4 (CG) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (BR) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Dark Prophecy v3 (BR LITE)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #6940 on: July 11, 2016, 09:38:50 AM »

Wow ithekro!

Great gifts!  Extremely generous of you.

A Graflex!  You can "gift" me one of those any old time there man. Wink

+1

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #6941 on: July 11, 2016, 02:17:53 PM »

The Renegade is for the husband.  I think the setup will work for the pulses and I can set it up to look red with the color discs, and it will allow him to change colors later to match the discs or whatever.

Time for me to chime in with lessons learned from the original Emerald/AS/AS crossguard.

Get a LEE filter swatch book.  There are several red filters which give very good matches to the BR LED color, I usually favor LEE Bright Red, but I've found that red is a darn easy match with three or four of the filters, unlike some other colors.  Remember, and you seem to have realized it, that rather than trying to match the main blade by swapping filters until he hits the right one, he should find filter colors he likes and try to match the main blade to the filter.

Some filter colors are just not going to be able to be matched.  That's just how it is.

Don't forget that you can vary the brightness of the side blades with the pulse/flicker settings, my personal method for three pulsing BR blades goes like this:

Sorry, I know the pictures are a bit small.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6942 on: July 11, 2016, 07:19:06 PM »

AAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drahc got hung up in shipping out Project:BOOYA! Lord C. has been waiting for it to come in to begin his work on it, and he informed me that it hadn't arrived yet. Had me freaking out that it got lost in the post. <insert freaking out emogi>

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #6943 on: July 11, 2016, 08:05:29 PM »

AAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drahc got hung up in shipping out Project:BOOYA! Lord C. has been waiting for it to come in to begin his work on it, and he informed me that it hadn't arrived yet. Had me freaking out that it got lost in the post. <insert freaking out emogi>

Man, that really sucks.  I'm still waiting on the parts to be in stock to ship, to build up Project:  Chimera and Project:  Havoc.  Having built a test DIY saber, and having thereby confirmed that my wire diagrams are correct, I'm building the electronics packs so that it'll be nice and quick when those parts do turn up.

In the meantime, the modifications to aluminum parts for Project:  Hauke have been done for a bit, as soon as I get the resistors and solder sleeves I ordered, I'll fully assemble that one, too.  Hopefully that'll be quick, Cincinnati isn't all that far for a small package to go.

Hope Project:  BOOYA! gets back on track soon.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6944 on: July 11, 2016, 08:45:00 PM »

Well he had a good excuse. His dad is in the hospital so he's been away for the last week or so.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Pages: 1 ... 461 462 [463] 464 465 ... 915   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: