Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 748 749 [750] 751 752 ... 915   Go Down
Author Topic: (im)Patiently waiting for my new _______!!!  (Read 2142776 times)
lxromero
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #11235 on: June 24, 2020, 06:10:55 PM »

last email I got was 5 days ago asking for an address confirmation. Since then I've replied three times and had no returned emails confirming the address change. I replied again today and included a link to this thread since I think some very valid points are being made here.

Mimilouhoo
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #11236 on: June 24, 2020, 08:27:38 PM »

I really just want to know that my orders did not fall into some email/computer void due to their email issue. A simple.. " We are working on your order and sorry for the delay ", would be a great start. All I want is an acknowledgment to my email. I get no auto reply or anything.

I agree. Last time I heard anything from customer service was June 9th on my May 2nd order. I was told "give me a few days to check on the hilt progress" and I've heard nothing since and have gotten no response either.

As a first time buyer from CS it's very discouraging to see how they are handling things. I purposely ordered a month early for my son's birthday hoping that it would be here in time.

DarthTrav23
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -1

Chaotic Neutral to the core.

« Reply #11237 on: June 24, 2020, 08:49:01 PM »

So from what I'm seeing the Fallen black and silver is out of stock!!

It shows as in stock even still on the website!
Now I am more than patient enough to wait. Just agree with everyone else on the whole lack of response being unnerving lol.

Currently awaiting

The Fallen - RGBW w/ diamond controller

cfusionpm
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 16

« Reply #11238 on: June 24, 2020, 10:10:40 PM »

I agree with this. It's understandable that these items may take some time and that they're luxury non-essentials. I don't think anyone here has said anything against the wait time itself being unreasonable and people seem to generally be understanding that

A. These things take time
B. There are extenuating circumstances which cause production to take longer than usual.

The main complaint people have levied here, which is 100% understandable, is that US has terrible communication practices that are woefully inadequate for a company taking the perceived amount of orders that they are.

Suggestions have been made in the past doze or so pages from

- overstating production times (under-promise and over-deliver). This way people aren't expecting 4 weeks when in reality it's somewhere in the 6-8 week range

- correct on-site stock to accurately reflect available items. Multiple people have mentioned US has reached out to say that the order they asked for is OOS. Something that is understandable and happens. However those items mentioned are still reflected as being in-stock on the site.

- continued promotions: It is clear US keeps offering sales and promotions as per their marketing calendar. However because of the two issues above I'm sure people are ordering items that are not in stock, or getting impatient a few weeks in because there's been no movement in their orders. It is standard practice for companies, that while flooded with orders, to slow down on promotions to catch up on outstanding orders. US has so far shown no signs of stopping and it's only gonna compound the issue.

- Email replies. It's totally understandable that US is likely swamped with emails from customers due to the things I mentioned above, but higher production times don't necessarily excuse longer reply times that are sometimes weeks after emails are sent. Im not sure what kind of CX email service US is using but losing ALL emails is highly unusual to begin with, replies taking several weeks, specially for issues like order changes or cancellations is just a bad practice and as I had mentioned before, likely to leave customers with a bad taste in their mouth regardless of the quality of the product.

Yes, these are superfluous hobby luxury items, but just because that's the case shouldn't mean that customers should be ignored and told to just sit tight and wait when a company is failing to accurately communicate with not only potential, but existing customers. The ONUS isn't on us as the customer to take it but for the company to listen and do better. I know that falls on deaf ears because this forum isn't associated with US officials, so they're not likely to see this (another major oversight if you ask me) but it still bears saying.
With regards to the last paragraph, as a first time buyer myself, I am floored at the incredibly poor execution on their part. And honestly, I absolutely regret my purchase and will probably will not buy from them again unless these issues are addressed. I didn't get a top notch, all-bells-and-whistles saber, but I still spent more than $300 on my order. That's a good chunk of money for a superfluous luxury toy. The lack of communication and unknown "processing" time is really difficult to swallow. Especially given that I had not seen this forum, and the numerous concerns, before purchasing.

Black Empress - Blazing Red - Violet Amethyst FoC
Crimson Princess - Guardian Blue - Violet Amethyst FoC
Apprentice LE v5 - Sun Rider's Destiny - Silver FoC
Dark Initiate v4 - Stunt - Bane's Heart
Initiate v2 - Stunt - Guardian Blue

Hrafna
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #11239 on: June 24, 2020, 10:30:56 PM »

So from what I'm seeing the Fallen black and silver is out of stock!!

It shows as in stock even still on the website!
Now I am more than patient enough to wait. Just agree with everyone else on the whole lack of response being unnerving lol.

This is what I am talking about. Sorry but this is deceptive, plain and simple.

Darth Kalis
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -2

« Reply #11240 on: June 24, 2020, 11:13:52 PM »

That may be, but what the customers see.. are giveaway people getting their 'free' boxes, when the paid customers are SOL.

The other issue is the amount of excuses that we all (I'm guilty of it, too) are giving them.. such as the fact we've all given them a 'pass' on their lack of communication, or responses to paying customers. In a customer facing industry, of any sort, if a company can't communicate with their paying customers on a very regular basis, then the company needs to to be called to task for it. Saying they don't have the staff for it is giving them WAAY too much leniency. A simple 'state of orders' communication on the board, or on the main site, would take 1-5 mins.. max... and no one will ever convince me that someone in a PR position, or OWNERSHIP position, doesn't have that amount of time on their hands. (heck.. post it while sitting on the can.. lol.. not like you can do much more, there, anyway Wink

Also.. if you can get in touch with a CSR at US, being told that orders are  only taking 4 weeks to process.. when many people's orders on here are much further out than that, already... is just an outright lie.

The final concern I have, is whether or not the covid issue has become a too convenient excuse for many companies, right now. It's too easy for a company to lay off employees (they get extra payments with unemployment), reduce spending across the board (not order as many supplies), and still collect the same amount of money for orders. For a lot of companies, this just translates into faster profits, which make their quarterly reports look amazingly good, 'In spite of covid'. (I'm actually referring to a company that makes safes, who was caught a few weeks ago, doing JUST that.. but I'm sure a lot of companies could/would have done this, too.)

As for the comments from everyone who have said relax, it's a hobby, etc...  The best way I can explain it, psychologically, is how it appears to many people..

See... 'hobby' or not.. the issue isn't WHAT is ordered.. the issue boils down to: 'I already gave them my money". Plain and simple.. that's it. People expect something when they pay a few hundred dollars for a product. When they pay for something, being told it's 4-5 weeks out, and then 7-8 weeks go by.. it feels an awful lot like being scammed. (even if it's not).

That customer becomes upset.. and rightfully so.  They were told their product would be there in 4-5 weeks... a deadline that the seller gave.. they set the expectation. But the vendor/company hasn't given any update to that customer, and now the customer reaches out to the vendor to see if they can provide some status update, or reason why they didn't mean their own deadline. After all, since purchasing that product, the customer has thought of 100 different things they could have already used that money on... even if frivolous, that is THEIR money, and what they now see, is that they have traded their money, for nothing more than a promise... and promises can be broken... Heck, the argument could be made, 1 promise (the delivery timeline) HAS already been broken by that vendor.

So, now the customer reaches out, for some assurance that they didn't make a foolish decision.. that they didn't actually give their money away to an uncaring entity.. who gave them nothing in return. But, instead of getting a reassuring pat on the head, and promise that 'Hey, we got your order.. and we're working on it, we've just been having a problem getting the right widget for your order..'... instead, the customer gets... Nothing. No email response.. no phone response.. no text... nothing.. they now feel like they've been ghosted by a company. So, the customer feels like they've been scammed.. had... tricked... they've been foolish with their money, and were parted from it.

THAT is why people are getting so upset.. they feel like they were promised 1 thing, and given something else entirely... and that something else they were given.. was 'Nothing'.

Will their orders arrive? Well.. that really depends. If you've ever been on the receiving end of a company going bankrupt, or closing shop, after having taken your money... you'd understand why so many of us are insistent upon timelines, and guarantees. But.. if you've ever watched the movie, 'Tommy Boy', you know what 'guarantees' often mean to people (and companies).

In most cases, people will still get what they ordered... sure.. but until they do.. the customer is the one that's standing there holding an empty bag.. there is no pressure on the company to make the customer happy... they're just another number.

Hopefully this explains a bit to those not understanding the logic/reasoning behind why some people get so twitchy about unfulfilled orders. (honestly, I don't think stuff like kickstarter and indiegogo have helped with this, since many of those tend to overpromise and under-deliver so often)

Heck, I'll freely admit.. if I'd not bought a couple US's second hand, while waiting for this.. I would be a little less patient than I have been... That said.. the constant radio silence, and lack of updates has got me more than a little annoyed, at this point... when a company rep can't take 5 mins to give updates to their customers.. that speaks volumes to me.

~ Casp

This. I've been patient, sure, I've been checking my emails multiple times daily, but I've been patient. But I'll be honest, as a first time buyer, I'm not entirely sure I'd buy from here again. Being told 3-4 weeks for a lead time, and having it be over 7 weeks is one thing. In fact, with everything in the world happening these days, it's understandable. But seeing so many others having the same thing happen (with no communication at all) is a bit disconcerting. Chances are, I'll probably buy from them again if the saber is good. But hearing people waiting 6 to 8 weeks only to be told that the saber they bought is out of stock is pretty alarming, and not a good first impression for a first time buyer.

Shnook817
Force Sensitive

« Reply #11241 on: June 25, 2020, 12:44:46 AM »

Got my order completion email earlier today! Don't have an estimated date of delivery yet, but I got the email! Ordered on 5/9 for anyone interested. Crimson Scorpion and Dark Apprentice v5, both with lite sound. It's a good feeling.

Currently awaiting first sabers
-Crimson Scorpion: Fire Orange, Red Flash w/ Basic Sound
-Dark Apprentice v5: Agedan Silver w/ Basic Sound

Dark Side preferred if earned.

HesaHeart
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

Adapt.Improvise and Overcome

« Reply #11242 on: June 25, 2020, 12:57:47 AM »

by this time tomorrow night my very first saber will have arrived 

( Light points when earned )

Various fan art and fiction
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?board=12.0

Own
 Dark Sentinel staff LE v4 - tri red

Wish list
Arbiter staff - blazing red-sound
Phantasm LE V4 staff - AS blade - stunt
Raven in staff setup - color ?? - stunt

Drifter
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 146

May the force be with you

« Reply #11243 on: June 25, 2020, 01:20:48 AM »

Ah nice we look forward to seeing pics of it hope it's better than you expect

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

There's light in the darkness but there is also darkness in the light

Let the force decide

HesaHeart
Knight Commander

« Reply #11244 on: June 25, 2020, 01:41:20 AM »

Ah nice we look forward to seeing pics of it hope it's better than you expect

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

While i tried to learn as much about the the dimensions, weights, lengths and god knows i have drawn a few of them if it meets half my expectations i will be happy ( my concern is how strong it will be for hvy sparring ) as i have may eye on my next one . as for pics and vid my son just grabbed a go pro camera for his hiking and i have recruited him for a night shoot

Own

Wish list

Shnook817
Force Sensitive

« Reply #11245 on: June 25, 2020, 02:24:48 AM »

Nice! Congrats Hesa, and thanks for being a beacon of calm in the forums while I waited for my own confirmation. Hope it's everything you imagined and more.

Currently awaiting first sabers
-Crimson Scorpion: Fire Orange, Red Flash w/ Basic Sound
-Dark Apprentice v5: Agedan Silver w/ Basic Sound

Dark Side preferred if earned.

ImperialRedGuard-HellFire
Knight Lance Corporal

Imperial Guard Gaming Commander HellFire

« Reply #11246 on: June 25, 2020, 03:02:33 AM »

I tell you what! So I checked in about my order and they got back to me in under ten minutes... Or at least the new lady did.... She emailed me back in 6 minutes.... I was blown away!

Imperial Guard legion, Call name Hell Fire 666.
Nationwide all console gaming community.

HesaHeart
Knight Commander

« Reply #11247 on: June 25, 2020, 03:16:57 AM »

I tell you what! So I checked in about my order and they got back to me in under ten minutes... Or at least the new lady did.... She emailed me back in 6 minutes.... I was blown away!

while it maybe a bit dim there is light at the end of the tunnel that 2020

Own

Wish list

dogdoctor
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -4

« Reply #11248 on: June 25, 2020, 04:07:35 AM »

I'm happy for you! I toyed with the idea of cancelling the order today. This gives me a glimmer of hope.

lxromero
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #11249 on: June 25, 2020, 04:49:23 AM »

I'm happy for you! I toyed with the idea of cancelling the order today. This gives me a glimmer of hope.

Good luck doing that. I tried canceling mine weeks ago and nobody replied so I decided to just stick it out and see what happens

Pages: 1 ... 748 749 [750] 751 752 ... 915   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: