Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 776 777 [778] 779 780 ... 915   Go Down
Author Topic: (im)Patiently waiting for my new _______!!!  (Read 2142806 times)
Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 223

Light side points preferred if I earn them....

« Reply #11655 on: July 06, 2020, 12:43:43 PM »

I think my jaw hit the ground just now when I checked my e-mail this morning and saw that the Renegade LE that I ordered on July 2 is currently on its way.  I thought that it would take at least 2 or 3 months to get it, what with how it is one of the more higher end sabers.  The fact that it is currently on its way here is just blowing my mind.

A four day waiting period, eh?

First of all, congratulations.   Second of all....you better duck and cover before the backlash hits and people start throwing blade plugs at you.   Cheesy

Doing the best I can with what I've got...

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
The Fallen - Tri-cree Silver
Initiate V2 - Guardian Blue
Apprentice V4 - Fire Orange
Apprentice LE V5 - Blazing Red
Shock - Consular Green
Frankensaber "Emerald Fury" - Consular Green w/ Silver flash
Emperor's Hand - Violet Amethyst w/ silver flash
The Guardian - Guardian Blue w/ silver flash

FAMILY SABERS:
Aeon LE v5 - Tri-cree Guardian Blue
Archon v2.1 - Tri-cree Consular Green
Savior - Violet Amethyst
Manticore - Tri-cree Blazing Red
Princess (golden) - Violet Amethyst

ProtechOne
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 5

Without Shadow, how do we define the light?

« Reply #11656 on: July 06, 2020, 12:56:32 PM »

A four day waiting period, eh?

First of all, congratulations.   Second of all....you better duck and cover before the backlash hits and people start throwing blade plugs at you.   Cheesy
Lmao, run and hide!

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

Foolish Grey's,
What would the universe look like if the living Force ever achieved their precious balance? Would we even want to live in such a place?

Galef
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 209

Light side preferred, Dark side accepted

« Reply #11657 on: July 06, 2020, 12:56:09 PM »

I think my jaw hit the ground just now when I checked my e-mail this morning and saw that the Renegade LE that I ordered on July 2 is currently on its way.  I thought that it would take at least 2 or 3 months to get it, what with how it is one of the more higher end sabers.  The fact that it is currently on its way here is just blowing my mind.
Same happened with my Crimson Scorpion. I also got a Grab bag shipped in 1 day.
To me it looks like US is caught up to a point that if your order is truly in stock and all the parts are available, they work it immediately.
But if something is out and has to be fabricated, you get put in a line of orders waiting on the same thing.

-

Lumathiel
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #11658 on: July 06, 2020, 01:05:54 PM »

I ordered 2 MB on May 5th and was starting to lose hope. Sure, I was luckier than some others in actually getting a response but that was a month ago. Tomorrow is the beginning of week 10, and when I woke up just a moment ago to see an email with the word "Ultrasaber" in the title, I was sure it would be another promo.

But nope, they're finally shipping!! I can't get any tracking info yet, because it still just says "label created," but if people across the US are getting their orders in days then living in Central Texas I shouldnt have long to wait at all.

This will be a great pick-me-up after the emergency root canal I had to get yesterday, I just hope my wife and I dont fight too much over who gets what. There is a small voice in my head wondering if the long wait time means one of them will be something real good, but I'm trying to expect nothing more than a few cheap stunt sabers.

Cant wait to post photos of what we get and start customizing them!
Stay patient if you can, guys. If not, good luck with the disputes I guess.

Saber Owned:
Dominix LE V2 - Fire Orange

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 223

Light side points preferred if I earn them....

« Reply #11659 on: July 06, 2020, 01:35:28 PM »

Same happened with my Crimson Scorpion. I also got a Grab bag shipped in 1 day.
To me it looks like US is caught up to a point that if your order is truly in stock and all the parts are available, they work it immediately.
But if something is out and has to be fabricated, you get put in a line of orders waiting on the same thing.

-

Something else that might have been a factor for him is, well, the cost; the Renegade is part of the second highest price line.  People might have been staying away from that tier and going for one of the lower tiers (and there are a lot of sell outs there) so it might have been available right on the spot.

That's just speculation on my part.  Bottom line is, it's cool news.

Doing the best I can with what I've got...

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
The Fallen - Tri-cree Silver
Initiate V2 - Guardian Blue
Apprentice V4 - Fire Orange
Apprentice LE V5 - Blazing Red
Shock - Consular Green
Frankensaber "Emerald Fury" - Consular Green w/ Silver flash
Emperor's Hand - Violet Amethyst w/ silver flash
The Guardian - Guardian Blue w/ silver flash

FAMILY SABERS:
Aeon LE v5 - Tri-cree Guardian Blue
Archon v2.1 - Tri-cree Consular Green
Savior - Violet Amethyst
Manticore - Tri-cree Blazing Red
Princess (golden) - Violet Amethyst

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #11660 on: July 06, 2020, 02:12:20 PM »

I ordered 2 MB on May 5th and was starting to lose hope. Sure, I was luckier than some others in actually getting a response but that was a month ago. Tomorrow is the beginning of week 10, and when I woke up just a moment ago to see an email with the word "Ultrasaber" in the title, I was sure it would be another promo.

But nope, they're finally shipping!! I can't get any tracking info yet, because it still just says "label created," but if people across the US are getting their orders in days then living in Central Texas I shouldnt have long to wait at all.

This will be a great pick-me-up after the emergency root canal I had to get yesterday, I just hope my wife and I dont fight too much over who gets what. There is a small voice in my head wondering if the long wait time means one of them will be something real good, but I'm trying to expect nothing more than a few cheap stunt sabers.

Cant wait to post photos of what we get and start customizing them!
Stay patient if you can, guys. If not, good luck with the disputes I guess.

Congrats!  Thanks for letting us know.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Galef
Knight Commander

« Reply #11661 on: July 06, 2020, 02:18:02 PM »

Something else that might have been a factor for him is, well, the cost; the Renegade is part of the second highest price line.  People might have been staying away from that tier and going for one of the lower tiers (and there are a lot of sell outs there) so it might have been available right on the spot.

That's just speculation on my part.  Bottom line is, it's cool news.
oh certainly. I think that's why my Scorpion was ready so fast. While it's only "mid-tier" in terms of price, it's also has very specialized aesthetics that might not appeal to everyone (even my wife says it looks like a giant can opener)
So that might have deterred buyers so that they had plenty in stock ready to go.

I could also see there being pressure to get orders that can be done quickly. I know if I was working on several orders that had to wait on parts, I'd be elated to pull an order I could fabricate in less than a week.

-

Lumathiel
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #11662 on: July 06, 2020, 02:55:27 PM »

oh certainly. I think that's why my Scorpion was ready so fast. While it's only "mid-tier" in terms of price, it's also has very specialized aesthetics that might not appeal to everyone (even my wife says it looks like a giant can opener)
So that might have deterred buyers so that they had plenty in stock ready to go.
-

That's so strange to me. I love the little "stinger" on it, it reminds me of Dooku's sabers. If anything, I dislike the "ball" pommels that come on many of the lightsabers.

Saber Owned:

Lumathiel
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #11663 on: July 06, 2020, 03:01:52 PM »

Congrats!  Thanks for letting us know.

Thank you! I should also mention, the email came today (Monday) and the crappy "shopper approved" one came Friday, so if you guys get that one dont give up hope just yet.

For anyone waiting over 10 weeks especially, I wish you all the luck in the galaxy.

The main thing that kept me from doing a chargeback (besides an email a few weeks ago basically confirming that the MB are being fabricated along with everything else) is the thought that even if I got a refund now and re-ordered when things calmed down (because i still want a damn lightsaber), I would still probably have gotten this order long before they ever got fully caught up.

Saber Owned:

Galef
Knight Commander

« Reply #11664 on: July 06, 2020, 03:10:09 PM »

That's so strange to me. I love the little "stinger" on it, it reminds me of Dooku's sabers. If anything, I dislike the "ball" pommels that come on many of the lightsabers.
Oh, I agree, I love the aesthetics of the Crimson Scorpion (it's in my profile picture) but objectively it's in a weird spot.
-It's not one of the cheaper hilts like the V3/4/5s, so I'd imagine many first time buyers would skip it (I know I ignored it for some time at first)
-It isn't directly inspired by a particular movie hilt
-It has very clear dark side aesthetics, thereby dissuading light side buyers

So those factors could very well be why the Crimson Scorpion was well in stock for my order.

And to counter why MB orders aren't being shipped as quickly when they can just put together any hilt: keep in mind that A LOT of people order MBs. So if they are out of premade stock, which I think we can assume they are, then there is probably a very long line of MB orders being fabricated first-come-first-served.
That's also a good sign of US's integrity that I got my GB so quick while MB orders are behind.
GBs will have imperfections, but MBs are not supposed to.

They very easily could have sent the GB I received as someone's MB order, but because it was built with 2 AA battery setup instead of 4 AAAs, that's an imperfection, so the saber I got should not have been a MB

-

Ogreure
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #11665 on: July 06, 2020, 03:29:14 PM »

Well I may be moving into week 8 but I did get confirmation this morning that the archon 3.1 I bought used will be here today, I only hope this will stagger my impatience at least until my custom saber is here from ultrasabers

danishyun
Force Sensitive

« Reply #11666 on: July 06, 2020, 03:49:06 PM »

Hello! I'm new here and I figured this seems like a good place to get some insight from.

I ordered two sabers on May 4th.  Only one email reply which was ultimately unhelpful and no shipping updates.  I've been looking through and I've seen that a lot of others have had the same if not a similar issue.  How long did it take for your orders to arrive?  Has anyone gotten a refund and still received their order?  I'm unsure of where to go from here and I totally understand the issues with COVID but some email communication on their end with orders would be greatly helpful.

Thanks!

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #11667 on: July 06, 2020, 04:30:11 PM »

Hello! I'm new here and I figured this seems like a good place to get some insight from.

I ordered two sabers on May 4th.  Only one email reply which was ultimately unhelpful and no shipping updates.  I've been looking through and I've seen that a lot of others have had the same if not a similar issue.  How long did it take for your orders to arrive?  Has anyone gotten a refund and still received their order?  I'm unsure of where to go from here and I totally understand the issues with COVID but some email communication on their end with orders would be greatly helpful.

Thanks!

This is a group of UltraSabers customers and fans, not a way to reach UltraSabers customer service.  Nobody here works for UltraSabers.  We can give advice, but we can’t provide specific information about your order because we don’t have access to any of that information.

ORDINARILY, you would probably have your sober in your hand already, because their turnaround time was typically 1-2 weeks.  Lots of us old-timers have that as our default experience with UltraSabers.  HOWEVER... in early December of last year, thanks to all the fan excitement surrounding the last Star Wars movie, a new Star Wars TV show that apparently should have been titled “Baby Yoda” instead, the release of a new Star Wars video game, the Christmas gift-giving season, and a winter sales promotion, they began to have so many orders that they fell behind.  In January, there started to be issues with parts and components, because of the COVID-19 issues in China, where some of the electronic parts are manufactured, and they fell a little more behind.  In February, the fallout from COVID-19 started to have effects here in the United States, and some of their more-local parts suppliers fell behind, not just the ones in China.  As time progressed, and as social-distancing measures needed to be put into effect in the workplace (causing more than the usual scheduling issues of getting the right technician, the right saber, the right parts, and the right tools all at the right workstation at the right time, multiplied across the multiple suppliers used), the backlog continued.  On May 25, they lost all their emails prior to that date, and that has caused its own issues.  They have staff working 24x7 trying to catch up from the backlog, and some progress is being made, but they are nowhere near back to normal yet.

Their overall delivery times have slipped quite a bit; although some folks still get their sabers in a week or two, some sabers take three or four weeks, and some take eight weeks or longer.  Note that the orders are NOT worked in a First-In-First-Out queue order; there are too many dependencies on various parts, technician skill sets, machine/workstation availability, and Lord-only-knows what else for that to be even close to efficient.  There have been entire books— heck, entire college courses,— written on efficient manufacturing-process scheduling, so there’s no way I can give a full explanation here; just know that it’s very complicated.

The response times on the customer service emails have slipped quite a bit, too.  All I can say is to keep sending POLITE emails to [email protected] with your order number in the subject line, but I wouldn’t send an email every day; that will just clog up the Inbox and make it harder to find the emails that need an answer other than “Yes, we have your order, and it’s in the processing queue, but I can’t tell you when it will ship, because we are waiting on <fill_in_the_blank>.”  There’s nothing wrong with wanting an update, because you have sent them your money; just understand that right now, getting an update, or your saber, is going to take longer than normal, and longer than any of us would like.

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Mandalore_Will_Rise
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #11668 on: July 06, 2020, 05:07:23 PM »

Thank you! I should also mention, the email came today (Monday) and the crappy "shopper approved" one came Friday, so if you guys get that one dont give up hope just yet.

For anyone waiting over 10 weeks especially, I wish you all the luck in the galaxy.

The main thing that kept me from doing a chargeback (besides an email a few weeks ago basically confirming that the MB are being fabricated along with everything else) is the thought that even if I got a refund now and re-ordered when things calmed down (because i still want a damn lightsaber), I would still probably have gotten this order long before they ever got fully caught up.

Now I’m getting some hope as I got that shopper approved thing on July 1st, so hopefully this Wednesday I’ll be notified

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #11669 on: July 06, 2020, 05:47:57 PM »

Now I’m getting some hope as I got that shopper approved thing on July 1st, so hopefully this Wednesday I’ll be notified

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the Shopper Approved email is COMPLETELY DISCONNECTED from anything at UltraSabers except the placing of your order. 

Pages: 1 ... 776 777 [778] 779 780 ... 915   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: