Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 777 778 [779] 780 781 ... 915   Go Down
Author Topic: (im)Patiently waiting for my new _______!!!  (Read 2154257 times)
KA-513
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #11670 on: July 06, 2020, 05:52:10 PM »

Just to update on my order: they're here! After a bit of a delay with Fedex(1000000% NOT Ultrasabers' fault, to be clear). All four - two Aeon V3's, and two Dark Initiate v2's - were upgraded with silver AV switches, so I'm guessing they're either out of the guarded switches, or they're doing that as a way of apologizing for the long delay. Total time from date of order to physically being in my hand: Eleven weeks and one day.

Overall, my only real complaint with this order - and these blades make numbers six through nine from Ultrasabers for me - is I would have loved to have better communication. Laura was nice enough via email, but there were a few points where I would have a week or so between emails from her. I also don't like the fact that I had to chase after my order to even find out that my hilts were on backorder. At the end of the day, would I do business with Ultrasabers again? Maybe in a few months or so after all this pandemic stuff is dealt with and things return to normal. I'd like to get an Aeon v4 and V5 for comparison purposes, at least.

Lumathiel
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #11671 on: July 06, 2020, 06:32:06 PM »

And to counter why MB orders aren't being shipped as quickly when they can just put together any hilt: keep in mind that A LOT of people order MBs. So if they are out of premade stock, which I think we can assume they are, then there is probably a very long line of MB orders being fabricated first-come-first-served.
That's also a good sign of US's integrity that I got my GB so quick while MB orders are behind.
GBs will have imperfections, but MBs are not supposed to.

They very easily could have sent the GB I received as someone's MB order, but because it was built with 2 AA battery setup instead of 4 AAAs, that's an imperfection, so the saber I got should not have been a MB

-

That's basically what I gathered from the reply i got. The way it was worded implied that the MB are being fabricated along with the custom hilts right now, so I'd assume they're all out of blackstock and will take the same time as a normal order.

Also no matter how impatient or annoyed I may have gotten during the long wait, I will always give them props for not just sending out GB sabers and calling them MBs. That would have been a VERY easy but crummy shortcut.

Saber Owned:
Dominix LE V2 - Fire Orange

danishyun
Force Sensitive

« Reply #11672 on: July 06, 2020, 07:03:08 PM »

This is a group of UltraSabers customers and fans, not a way to reach UltraSabers customer service.  Nobody here works for UltraSabers.  We can give advice, but we can’t provide specific information about your order because we don’t have access to any of that information.

ORDINARILY, you would probably have your sober in your hand already, because their turnaround time was typically 1-2 weeks.  Lots of us old-timers have that as our default experience with UltraSabers.  HOWEVER... in early December of last year, thanks to all the fan excitement surrounding the last Star Wars movie, a new Star Wars TV show that apparently should have been titled “Baby Yoda” instead, the release of a new Star Wars video game, the Christmas gift-giving season, and a winter sales promotion, they began to have so many orders that they fell behind.  In January, there started to be issues with parts and components, because of the COVID-19 issues in China, where some of the electronic parts are manufactured, and they fell a little more behind.  In February, the fallout from COVID-19 started to have effects here in the United States, and some of their more-local parts suppliers fell behind, not just the ones in China.  As time progressed, and as social-distancing measures needed to be put into effect in the workplace (causing more than the usual scheduling issues of getting the right technician, the right saber, the right parts, and the right tools all at the right workstation at the right time, multiplied across the multiple suppliers used), the backlog continued.  On May 25, they lost all their emails prior to that date, and that has caused its own issues.  They have staff working 24x7 trying to catch up from the backlog, and some progress is being made, but they are nowhere near back to normal yet.

Their overall delivery times have slipped quite a bit; although some folks still get their sabers in a week or two, some sabers take three or four weeks, and some take eight weeks or longer.  Note that the orders are NOT worked in a First-In-First-Out queue order; there are too many dependencies on various parts, technician skill sets, machine/workstation availability, and Lord-only-knows what else for that to be even close to efficient.  There have been entire books— heck, entire college courses,— written on efficient manufacturing-process scheduling, so there’s no way I can give a full explanation here; just know that it’s very complicated.

The response times on the customer service emails have slipped quite a bit, too.  All I can say is to keep sending POLITE emails to [email protected] with your order number in the subject line, but I wouldn’t send an email every day; that will just clog up the Inbox and make it harder to find the emails that need an answer other than “Yes, we have your order, and it’s in the processing queue, but I can’t tell you when it will ship, because we are waiting on <fill_in_the_blank>.”  There’s nothing wrong with wanting an update, because you have sent them your money; just understand that right now, getting an update, or your saber, is going to take longer than normal, and longer than any of us would like.

Thanks for the input!  I'm aware that this is for customers and fans so I was aiming to get what everyone else's experience has been!  This was my first time ordering from US so I wasn't entirely sure what to expect, what wait times were, etc.  I understand a lot goes into making these and getting the parts is a whole other thing.

AustinChaos22
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -8

« Reply #11673 on: July 06, 2020, 08:05:24 PM »

Got my saber in the mail today. Honestly really quick shipping, especially contrasted with the wait. I’m at work now and will post more later, but just wanted to update that it did finally arrive.

Also, as seen in some unboxings, it came already assembled. At first I thought they only sent me blades and almost panicked lol

Anyhow, I’ll post a review after work. I’ll be doing a video as well.

Galef
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 209

Light side preferred, Dark side accepted

« Reply #11674 on: July 06, 2020, 08:12:31 PM »

Thanks for the input!  I'm aware that this is for customers and fans so I was aiming to get what everyone else's experience has been!  This was my first time ordering from US so I wasn't entirely sure what to expect, what wait times were, etc.  I understand a lot goes into making these and getting the parts is a whole other thing.
I've only started ordering from US since December but the experience has varied (all good, imo, but seemingly random)

My December order took 5 weeks for 2 stunt staffs
My January order took 2 months for a Lite sound Sentinel v5
1st March order came in 3 weeks for a V4 sound Fallen
2nd March order was a MB took 10 days
1st April order took 5 weeks for a stunt staff
2nd April order took 3 weeks for a different stunt staff that came before the 1st.
My May order is still processing for an RGB Aeon v2, at 7 weeks today.
1st June order came in 1 week for a V4 sound Crimson Scorpion
2nd June order came in 4 days for a Grab bag.

So what can we learn from that? Absolutely nothing except that you cannot predict when your saber will arrive.
There are too many factors involved, so unless you work for US, there's no sense in trying to predict when your order will arrive.
Could be 1 week. Could take 2+ months.
Complexity also doesn't seem to matter either since most of my stunt sabers took longer than my V4 sound sabers

The best practice is to place your order and expect ar least 2 months.
If it comes before then: Great!
If not, start sending emails

-

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #11675 on: July 06, 2020, 08:24:06 PM »

I've only started ordering from US since December but the experience has varied (all good, imo, but seemingly random)

My December order took 5 weeks for 2 stunt staffs
My January order took 2 months for a Lite sound Sentinel v5
1st March order came in 3 weeks for a V4 sound Fallen
2nd March order was a MB took 10 days
1st April order took 5 weeks for a stunt staff
2nd April order took 3 weeks for a different stunt staff that came before the 1st.
My May order is still processing for an RGB Aeon v2, at 7 weeks today.
1st June order came in 1 week for a V4 sound Crimson Scorpion
2nd June order came in 4 days for a Grab bag.

So what can we learn from that? Absolutely nothing except that you cannot predict when your saber will arrive.
There are too many factors involved, so unless you work for US, there's no sense in trying to predict when your order will arrive.
Could be 1 week. Could take 2+ months.
Complexity also doesn't seem to matter either since most of my stunt sabers took longer than my V4 sound sabers

The best practice is to place your order and expect ar least 2 months.
If it comes before then: Great!
If not, start sending emails

-

This is very good info, Galef.  You posted data, as well as the conclusion you drew from that.  I, for one, think your conclusion is a reasonable one, given that data.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Caspien
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 19

« Reply #11676 on: July 06, 2020, 09:22:25 PM »

Again, I understand and agree with the frustration from lack of communication. This is something they should adress quickly.
BUT regarding the processing time?? My other guys saber (a curved hilt from a character played by Sir Christopher Lee) was annouced with a 10-12 weeks lead time. It took me 8 to 9 MONTHS (not weeks) to get it!
So stating you won't do business with US again, I can understand, but trust me (or don't, but you'll find out...) you won't be more happy with those particular other guys! Quality is good, but the lead time without a pandemic is higher than what US seems to be doing right now.

Oh, absolutely. There's a ton of saber manufactures.. and MOST of them are having delays. The biggest issue, is that many of them are at least providing a presence in various fashions on the net, keeping their customers up to date, as to what's going on.

One thing I think US could do, still (and they have, in some aspects) is let customers know if there is an extra long delay on their order.. and give them an opportunity to change it to something a little easier to fulfill.

I've said for a long time.. customers are generally not as much *insert vulgar term, here* as people would believe, so long as they're given reasons as to why there are problems...

Examples:

Internet is out... WHY?!?!! 'Someone hit a pole a few blocks over, we've got a team enroute to fix it.. should be done in about 4 hours' (and then fix it in 2)

ARRGH!!! I Want my pepsi!! Why can't I get my pepsi? "The manufacturer sent us the wrong tank that hooks up to that machine.. it's not going to be replaced until tomorrow. We can offer you a different drink if you want!" (and then put in a free order of fries or a cookie, or whatever in the order, too)

"WHERE'S MY SABER?!?!" 'Well, we're having problems with that hilt, because the template we use to anodize that hilt broke. We have another on order, but the supplier hasn't been responding to us.. we're trying to find another one, but that's been a problem, too. In the meantime, we're going to mark that hilt as out of stock, and you can either wait until it's back in, knowing that it may be a long wait.. OR, you can swap to the XYZ hilt, for no additional charge.. and we'll get it done in the next week." (And then throw in a free blade plug, and ship it out within 3 days)

Stuff like that.. THAT'S going the extra mile.. Customers know that **** (Stuff) happens, and they know how much it sucks when it happens to them.. so just be upfront and detailed with them, and (and this is important) then you offer up an alternate solution, that LOOKS like a better solution for the customer... it doesn't matter that your team was already 90% done with the fix... that the fries were going to be thrown away, anyway.. or that the blade plug is like 25cents... Customers want to think they are getting a great deal, sure.. but they want to feel valued more than that..

You show a customer they're valued, by being transparent with them.. providing as much detailed information as you can... telling them how you're addressing the issue.. offer up another solution.. and then exceeding the solution you provided. THAT is how you win life long customers.. and ones that will stand in a firing line, in front of your brand.. just to protect it Wink

~ Casp

« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 10:23:18 PM by Caspien » Logged

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 223

Light side points preferred if I earn them....

« Reply #11677 on: July 06, 2020, 10:24:36 PM »

Two weeks as of tomorrow for my second order, that was just a Dominix LE v5.   And I've added 4 more sabers to my wish list.

Oh, why do I torture myself so?   

Doing the best I can with what I've got...

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
The Fallen - Tri-cree Silver
Initiate V2 - Guardian Blue
Apprentice V4 - Fire Orange
Apprentice LE V5 - Blazing Red
Shock - Consular Green
Frankensaber "Emerald Fury" - Consular Green w/ Silver flash
Emperor's Hand - Violet Amethyst w/ silver flash
The Guardian - Guardian Blue w/ silver flash

FAMILY SABERS:
Aeon LE v5 - Tri-cree Guardian Blue
Archon v2.1 - Tri-cree Consular Green
Savior - Violet Amethyst
Manticore - Tri-cree Blazing Red
Princess (golden) - Violet Amethyst

Galef
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 209

Light side preferred, Dark side accepted

« Reply #11678 on: July 06, 2020, 11:05:10 PM »

Two weeks as of tomorrow for my second order, that was just a Dominix LE v5.   And I've added 4 more sabers to my wish list.

Oh, why do I torture myself so?   
It is indeed addictive. I've said my collection was complete about 3 times in the past 6 months, yet I keep ordering sabers.

At least I've reached a point in which new purchases are meant to replace old ones, like replacing my V2s with V4s because I wanted the QR coupler, a different color and windows.

But once my Rgb Aeon v2 arrives, the only other sabers I plan to order will be ones my son saves up for.

-

KittyGoRoar
Force Sensitive

« Reply #11679 on: July 06, 2020, 11:15:28 PM »

Just got confirmation that the renegade I ordered on 6/1 shipped. Stoked for that. The spectre and initiate I ordered on 5/4 is still processing and no response (yet) to the email.   I'm sure it's a parts issue that's holding up the other order but I wish I'd get an update on it. Feeling super guilty that mine is gonna show up before the wife and son's.

Darth Rage
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -78

Fear leads to....ooh a donut!

« Reply #11680 on: July 06, 2020, 11:27:04 PM »

Oh, absolutely. There's a ton of saber manufactures.. and MOST of them are having delays. The biggest issue, is that many of them are at least providing a presence in various fashions on the net, keeping their customers up to date, as to what's going on.

One thing I think US could do, still (and they have, in some aspects) is let customers know if there is an extra long delay on their order.. and give them an opportunity to change it to something a little easier to fulfill.

I've said for a long time.. customers are generally not as much *insert vulgar term, here* as people would believe, so long as they're given reasons as to why there are problems...

Examples:

Internet is out... WHY?!?!! 'Someone hit a pole a few blocks over, we've got a team enroute to fix it.. should be done in about 4 hours' (and then fix it in 2)

ARRGH!!! I Want my pepsi!! Why can't I get my pepsi? "The manufacturer sent us the wrong tank that hooks up to that machine.. it's not going to be replaced until tomorrow. We can offer you a different drink if you want!" (and then put in a free order of fries or a cookie, or whatever in the order, too)

"WHERE'S MY SABER?!?!" 'Well, we're having problems with that hilt, because the template we use to anodize that hilt broke. We have another on order, but the supplier hasn't been responding to us.. we're trying to find another one, but that's been a problem, too. In the meantime, we're going to mark that hilt as out of stock, and you can either wait until it's back in, knowing that it may be a long wait.. OR, you can swap to the XYZ hilt, for no additional charge.. and we'll get it done in the next week." (And then throw in a free blade plug, and ship it out within 3 days)

Stuff like that.. THAT'S going the extra mile.. Customers know that **** (Stuff) happens, and they know how much it sucks when it happens to them.. so just be upfront and detailed with them, and (and this is important) then you offer up an alternate solution, that LOOKS like a better solution for the customer... it doesn't matter that your team was already 90% done with the fix... that the fries were going to be thrown away, anyway.. or that the blade plug is like 25cents... Customers want to think they are getting a great deal, sure.. but they want to feel valued more than that..

You show a customer they're valued, by being transparent with them.. providing as much detailed information as you can... telling them how you're addressing the issue.. offer up another solution.. and then exceeding the solution you provided. THAT is how you win life long customers.. and ones that will stand in a firing line, in front of your brand.. just to protect it Wink

~ Casp
Casper, I agree with everything you’ve written here and I just don’t understand why US isn’t doing all of this, shell they’re not really doing any of this.  And it’s frustrating because the stuff they aren’t doing is really not hard, and shouldn’t cost them much if anything.

They are really dropping the ball on this, and as a first time customer, I hope the quality of the saber makes up for the complete lack of customer service of any kind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fear leads to....ooh a donut!

dogdoctor
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -4

« Reply #11681 on: July 07, 2020, 12:10:44 AM »

I ordered 2 MB on May 5th and was starting to lose hope. Sure, I was luckier than some others in actually getting a response but that was a month ago. Tomorrow is the beginning of week 10, and when I woke up just a moment ago to see an email with the word "Ultrasaber" in the title, I was sure it would be another promo.

But nope, they're finally shipping!! I can't get any tracking info yet, because it still just says "label created," but if people across the US are getting their orders in days then living in Central Texas I shouldnt have long to wait at all.

This will be a great pick-me-up after the emergency root canal I had to get yesterday, I just hope my wife and I dont fight too much over who gets what. There is a small voice in my head wondering if the long wait time means one of them will be something real good, but I'm trying to expect nothing more than a few cheap stunt sabers.

Cant wait to post photos of what we get and start customizing them!
Stay patient if you can, guys. If not, good luck with the disputes I guess.

We also got our order complete and shipping notification (as well as the fed ex e-mail as well) for our 2 MB order on 5/17! I logged in to my e-mail over lunch and I was shocked to see the e-mail! We had hit 7 weeks yesterday - still no e-mail or FB replies. I too am secretly hoping for something really good or unique ... but frankly as these are our very first 2 sabers, anything will do!

Defengar
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #11682 on: July 07, 2020, 02:38:42 AM »

Update! I got the shipping label creation notification On saturday. Today I can confirm with the tracking that it is now in en route and will be here by Friday!

Defengar
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #11683 on: July 07, 2020, 02:55:28 AM »

As for those saber addicts out there, I can sympathize even as a first time buyer who hasn't gotten theirs in yet! I'm a history and theater major. I'm "pretty into" historical equipment and martial arts, and thus have built up a decent sized collection of quality swords both real and for larp/sparring. None worth more than 350 dollars by themselves, but it adds up. I thought that a heavy duty light saber would be a cool change of pace. I kind of splurged to the point the price rivals my more expensive swords, but I reasoned that "hey I'm getting a second one free so just look at it as buying two at once" lol.

Lumathiel
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #11684 on: July 07, 2020, 03:29:14 AM »

We also got our order complete and shipping notification (as well as the fed ex e-mail as well) for our 2 MB order on 5/17! I logged in to my e-mail over lunch and I was shocked to see the e-mail! We had hit 7 weeks yesterday - still no e-mail or FB replies. I too am secretly hoping for something really good or unique ... but frankly as these are our very first 2 sabers, anything will do!

That's great news! These are our first two as well. We're expecting something fairly basic so they can be easily customized to our own tastes, sort of an Empire era "work with what you get" kind of feel. Honestly there are only a very few sabers I would be unhappy with, so the numbers are on my side.

Saber Owned:
Dominix LE V2 - Fire Orange

Pages: 1 ... 777 778 [779] 780 781 ... 915   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: