Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: New LED modules  (Read 11628 times)
The_Night
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -38

"If it's not fun, you're not doing it right"

« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2011, 03:04:00 AM »

any possibility we could purchase just the LED housing? if so how much would it cost?

Vintage Graflex ANH
Vintage Graflex ESB
Custom Hero LS6- PCU
JQ Quinlan Vos- PCU
MR Maul Staff- P4 Reds
MR Vader ESB FX
UFX Vader ANH- Lux3 Red
Larbel Obi TPM- CF v5.1
Parks Obi ANH

Jedi Knight Spex
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 7

Get it?

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2011, 11:21:13 PM »

I just saw the new modules in the store... $25!!! if i had enough money i'd get one in every color. I do have one question though. Will you be adding a feature to all sabers to have quick disconnects installed upon request?

Family Arsenal
Me:
War Glaive - MLS units: VA, SD
Luke ROTJ conversion - Consular Green
Phantom - Green & Red
2 Grab bags!
2 of my own builds. (third in the works)

My wife:
Collector's Edition Prophecy - Consular Green
1 custom build in the works (Double bladed, Pink and Purple)

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2011, 12:55:52 AM »

We're not sure about adding that feature to every saber due to certain logistics issues.

As for the pricing, we tried to keep it competitive with other offerings while offering a superior product.  If you were to buy a Collimator Lens, Lens Holder, Seoul P4 LED, Star heatsink, and quick disconnect from TCSS, the price would be $21 and it still wouldn't hold the optic in place.

Jedi Knight Spex
Knight Sergeant

Get it?

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2011, 12:09:51 PM »

We're not sure about adding that feature to every saber due to certain logistics issues.

As for the pricing, we tried to keep it competitive with other offerings while offering a superior product.  If you were to buy a Collimator Lens, Lens Holder, Seoul P4 LED, Star heatsink, and quick disconnect from TCSS, the price would be $21 and it still wouldn't hold the optic in place.
Yeah i know. I was surprised at how inexpensive they were! I've ordered parts from TCSS before and put them together as best as i could, but it definitely didn't top these.

Family Arsenal
Me:
Phantom - Green & Red
2 Grab bags!

My wife:

The_Night
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -38

"If it's not fun, you're not doing it right"

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2011, 05:58:44 PM »

Yeah, it's honestly pretty much the same price. I'm just curious about the unit without LED cuz i was doing one with a yellow LED i had to get seperate. But no harm in having a spare LED around  Wink

Vintage Graflex ANH
Vintage Graflex ESB
Custom Hero LS6- PCU
JQ Quinlan Vos- PCU
MR Maul Staff- P4 Reds
MR Vader ESB FX
UFX Vader ANH- Lux3 Red
Larbel Obi TPM- CF v5.1
Parks Obi ANH

rezolution
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2011, 06:57:00 PM »

Ultra,

Would my Prophecy (which I bought a while back) look any better/brighter/cleaner using this new polished aluminum module than it does with the older collimator which it has in it now?  Is it worth swapping it out?  I have an RGB model.

Also, is there any data available as to whether the polished aluminum will oxidize or tarnish over time (and decrease the light output)?

Is there any data on collimator beam angle (in degrees)?  I think the TCSS ones are like 5, 8.5, and 10 degrees.

It looks like an awesome product.  I can't tell how you keep the star from shorting out once it's all buttoned up.  I have an SSC P7 that I would like to try and fit in there LoL.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 07:04:28 PM by rezolution » Logged

Eternus
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -3

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2011, 09:52:57 PM »

Adding the quick disconnect option to the compatible sabers would be a really good idea. There are a lot of people who would love being able to swap colors with the ease it would offer. Especially for those withought to tools or the technical know-how to install the necessary hardware. Then there's people like me who are lazy hahaha!

Dark Side points preferred

Catalyst blazing red
Oppressor guardian blue
Aggressor fire orange
Enforcer sunriders destiny
Bane RGB

Jedi Knight Spex
Knight Sergeant

Get it?

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2011, 11:30:09 PM »

Adding the quick disconnect option to the compatible sabers would be a really good idea. There are a lot of people who would love being able to swap colors with the ease it would offer. Especially for those withought to tools or the technical know-how to install the necessary hardware. Then there's people like me who are lazy hahaha!
Also for people who didn't have enough for the RGB option at the time of purchase, or didn't want multiple buttons. I personally like to stick with one button per saber and it'd be great to collect one of these in each color, and a few extras in my favorite colors, so i can mix and match whenever i want.

Family Arsenal
Me:
Phantom - Green & Red
2 Grab bags!

My wife:

Luar Selbor
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2011, 06:25:43 PM »

So how tall is this module? From top to bottom that is... I am making a custom saber and would like to know the dimensions. Thanks  Grin

Flutie87
Force Sensitive

The force is strong with this one

« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2011, 06:16:29 AM »

I just Bought the Dark Shock and had some questions about the LED Module,
1. will work for the dark shock?
2. will it make it brighter than the orriginal stlye that it comes with?

Jonathon Licht
Deathwish

Maslac
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -17

« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2011, 10:19:40 AM »

I just Bought the Dark Shock and had some questions about the LED Module,
1. will work for the dark shock?
2. will it make it brighter than the orriginal stlye that it comes with?

There are 2 LED modules. One for non-MHS sabers (like Dominix for example) and one for the MHS compatable sabers (like yours)

The one in the video is the standard LED module, that fits "older" sabers. The one you have is the new Modular LED System (MLS) unit. You can see a top edge on yours, as it holds the module in place, where the first "older" one (the one in the video) has none.

There is some confusin on the US hompege, the new "Modular LED System (MLS) unit" is listed under "Accessories" and the one in the vid, can be found under "Parts & Supplies" simply as "LED Module "

To put it simply, you dont need this module (it's not right for your saber) and you allready have a "Modular LED System (MLS) unit" in your saber, that is probably the best US has to offer right now when it comes to brightness. I sugest you get another "Modular LED System (MLS) unit" in different colour or try Li-ion setup for bateries, my Consular is freaking awesome in blue (i have the "Modular LED System (MLS) unit" same as you) and red! I was glad how easy it is to swap the LED modules with quick dissconnects ! And the Li-ion setup provides me with maximum brightness till the batteries run out of juice. My Phantasm on the other hand, uses standard setup for bateries, and i cant belive the differance. The only time my Phantasm is as bright as my Consular, is right when i pop new batteries in it.

Maximum brightness in standard (non-li ion) cells is rather short, and you will find yourself replacing the cells WAAAAAAAAAY before they actualy die out, just to have max brightness with new cells! And replacing a cell, knowing it still has more than 50% its "lifetime" in it, but you simply cant use it cuz it cant be as bright as fresh cells, is a crime. A ripoff. I hope the bann regular disposable batteries (cells) with rechargables only !

« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 11:01:21 AM by Maslac » Logged

Anakin 2010 FX - blue (not converted yet)
Phantasm - 2x blazing red ; modified with claws (pics soon)
Consular - Blazing red/guardian blue ; modified with War glaive pommel

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: