Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 341 342 [343] 344 345 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1489274 times)
Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #5130 on: April 23, 2017, 07:34:02 PM »

Perhaps they can have different levels of interface, like a selection in the launcher where you can have a simplified version, for setting up simpler things, structured much like the Emerald setup is, or you can select the full-blown version.  Maybe even a way to do initial setups via the simplified version, that can then be taken into the full-feature launcher to tweak up with a few added effects?

This, sir, might be the single best idea posted, ever.

You are totally right, this should absolutely be a relatively easy thing to do via Firmware / Software.

PLEASE give us the "Express Checkout" version of a Diamond Interface Tab!

It would be incredible if you could have a version with these selections for each of the 10 Memory Banks via a Pulldown Menu like the selections on the store site:

- Sound Font

- Blade Color

- Pulse Color

- FoC Color

Then just hit "Write" and you have that basic setup on the selected Memory Bank.

I'm actually sitting here running through the code logic in my head and I don't think it's difficult to implement.

I don't want this to sound overly negative.  It's purely meant to be constructive criticism to improve the product and the User Experience and not to be malicious in any way.

While I think Diamond is an exciting advancement, the truth is, I have barely used mine at all because I don't like the default settings out of the box and it's taking me forever just to work through updating the Mute font to how I want it with the little free time that I have, never mind tailoring the Effects to each Sound.  

If I had the ability to do the setup logic suggested above after I opened the box, I honestly would have peed myself a little it would have been so exciting.  Instead, it mostly sits in the corner until I can find the time to work through it all.

It's a powerful chip with a lot of thought put into the functionality.  But it would be nice to have a fast, easy way to change the memory banks without tailoring each effect just to get started quickly with each channel having the Color & Font you want, then get to all the advanced stuff later.

If there is a way to do it already, then I guess I'm missing it somehow.

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #5131 on: April 23, 2017, 07:45:22 PM »

I don't want this to sound overly negative.  It's purely meant to be constructive criticism to improve the product and the User Experience and not to be malicious in any way.

While I think Diamond is an exciting advancement, the truth is, I have barely used mine at all because I don't like the default settings out of the box and it's taking me forever just to work through updating the Mute font to how I want it with the little free time that I have, never mind tailoring the Effects to each Sound. 

If I had the ability to do the setup logic suggested above after I opened the box, I honestly would have peed myself a little it would have been so exciting.  Instead, it mostly sits in the corner until I can find the time to work through it all.

It's a powerful chip with a lot of thoughts put into the functionality.  But it would be nice to have a fast, easy way to change the memory banks without tailoring each effect just to get started quickly with each channel having the Color & Font you want, then get to all the advanced stuff later.

Exactly this.  Diamond is a fantastic advancement, and capable of some remarkable things.  There are just some times, and some users, who want to also be able to basically use it as "Emerald +", for lack of a better term.  If I could set up my Diamond saber as a set of ten banks, each configured in a basic mode which had an interface like Emerald, that'd be great.  If I could take those banks and import them to the full-featured launcher, so that I could tweak my flicker settings a little bit, I'd be absolutely over the moon with Diamond.  For those who want to do more with effects (and, in time, I might be one of those folks), that would still be available.

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #5132 on: April 23, 2017, 08:48:56 PM »

I don't think it needs to even be a "separate" launcher.  Just add another Tab to the current one called "Diamond Basic".

It would show the memory banks as we do now so you can select the one you want.

Then it will have the 4 pulldown menus.  It's so quick and easy to change, I don't even know you need to save off the config files. Probably just do a Write to the Board.

Then you can just go to the Advanced tab later and have it read the current settings right off the chip and begin further customization from there.  Smiley

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

shade_1313
Knight Commander

« Reply #5133 on: April 23, 2017, 09:03:02 PM »

I don't think it needs to even be a "separate" launcher.  Just add another Tab to the current one called "Diamond Basic".

It would show the memory banks as we do now so you can select the one you want.

Then it will have the 4 pulldown menus.  It's so quick and easy to change, I don't even know you need to save off the config files. Probably just do a Write to the Board.

Then you can just go to the Advanced tab later and have it read the current settings right off the chip and begin further customization from there.  Smiley

Yes, that's just what I was getting at.

That would make Diamond such a no-brainer that the only reason I'd build a DIY without it would be for those very specific sabers I wanted the extra brightness of TRI-Cree for (pending Diamond boards being available for DIY purchase, of course).

Same thing for factory built sabers, really.

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #5134 on: April 23, 2017, 09:12:34 PM »

I may be alone in this. But, being fairly satisfied with the stock sound sets, can we get the Obsidian Lite made available for those wanting to build their own sabers?

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #5135 on: April 24, 2017, 11:04:35 AM »

I may be alone in this. But, being fairly satisfied with the stock sound sets, can we get the Obsidian Lite made available for those wanting to build their own sabers?
I THINK there's a voltage issue with that, in so much as you'd have to go with the four AAA battery set-up - which, in all fairness, is inferior to a lithium set-up. 

I wouldn't mind seeing that either, as long as I could use a better power source...

A choice of Lightside or Darkside fonts when ordering would be cool too...

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

RSX Engineering
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 54

« Reply #5136 on: April 24, 2017, 01:20:35 PM »

Thank you all for thoroughly testing our new release. Please be assured that your suggestions have been duly noted, so that we can continuously improve our product.
Cheers to all,

Adrian

shade_1313
Knight Commander

« Reply #5137 on: April 24, 2017, 01:36:10 PM »

Thank you all for thoroughly testing our new release. Please be assured that your suggestions have been duly noted, so that we can continuously improve our product.
Cheers to all,

Adrian

Thank you for taking the time to get the feedback.  Ultrasabers is pretty well known for going above and beyond with customer service, and I'm taking the contact that you guys have maintained with us, through this product rollout, as a good sign that they've chosen a company that mirrors that concern for the customers and users.  Thank you for being here and giving us your attention.  We want Diamond to be as successful as you guys do, because it's easy to see that it has so much potential to cater to a broad spectrum of saber users, from those who want fairly simple to use color changing, to those who want to detail the exact lighting and sound effects, in every aspect that they can.

Point to RSX for customer service.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #5138 on: April 24, 2017, 05:43:59 PM »

A choice of Lightside or Darkside fonts when ordering would be cool too...
I couldn't agree more w/ LR.  While I really like the sound font on my graflex, I'd prefer Darkside for Dark Sentinel, Chosen One, Dark Apprentice, et al.  Also: maybe a "Kylo Ren" font for the crosshilt sabers?  Just a thought....

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2374

I don't need vision to defeat you.

« Reply #5139 on: April 25, 2017, 02:17:04 AM »

I think there needs to be an interface for Diamond that is accessible to those of us with low or no vision.

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #5140 on: April 25, 2017, 06:12:23 AM »

A dummy switch box that we can slide/attach onto the Archon hilt to complete the looks of the Archon.

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #5141 on: April 25, 2017, 06:20:00 AM »

A dummy switch box that we can slide/attach onto the Archon hilt to complete the looks of the Archon.

YES!

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5142 on: April 25, 2017, 05:09:25 PM »

Is there a way to produce 5 LED MLS? That way you'd have the full range of color. I just recently saw the results of G+A and B+A and flipped out.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #5143 on: April 25, 2017, 07:35:41 PM »

THIS so much^^  I think that the v3 Archon is a fantastic saber already, but with the addition of the activation/switch box, it'll be a masterpiece  Grin

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

DarthJt
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 71

I am the Blind Jedi.

« Reply #5144 on: April 27, 2017, 12:32:41 AM »

I think there needs to be an interface for Diamond that is accessible to those of us with low or no vision.
I couldn't agree more.

I am the other Blind Jedi

Pages: 1 ... 341 342 [343] 344 345 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: