Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Issues Installing Sound Fonts -- Please help!  (Read 12011 times)
Raavena Frayus
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« on: January 04, 2014, 06:59:19 PM »

Hey everyone!

I'm at my wit's end so I thought I'd ask some more knowledgeable people what to do! Disclaimer: I am not massively great with computers, so this might be a stupid question, but I couldn't find this problem anywhere else on this board!

Let me see if I can explain my issue.

Yesterday I tried to install the V2 launcher, but realized after trying to open it up and failing that I actually needed the V3 launcher. Saber was still working fine at that point. Uninstalled V2, got the V3 launcher installed, connected my saber, and started adding files that I wanted to change. Everything was going smoothly. When I finished, I hit "write" and waited, and when it was finished, the saber disconnected and started humming. I unplugged it and gave it a wave, but it was only making one swing sound. I plugged it back in to check if the changes had actually taken place and discovered that they not only had not, but that what was actually on the saber wasn't even the default set of sounds that it came with. It was just a set of a few basic sounds, one in each category. I have tried resetting the lightsaber and reinstalling the files, but it keeps reverting to whatever those files are when I unplug. I have absolutely no idea what I am doing wrong, I am pretty sure I followed the instructions on Emory's video exactly...

Can anyone help shed some light on this for me? If you need any other information to figure this out let me know, I genuinely have no clue what might be useful for you guys to know, and after being super excited about getting my saber yesterday, I now have a distinct feeling that something's gone wrong and I can't fix it. Sad

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 07:07:03 PM »

Did you already try to change fonts with the V2 version? If so, then your board might have been damaged - this is why you shouldn't use the V2 with the new boards Sad If you didn't do anything to the saber using the V2 launcher, then I don't know what's happening there. Could you post a screenshot of the launcher and the fonts that show up on the saber?

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Raavena Frayus
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 07:10:06 PM »

No, I didn't, it wouldn't even open with V2, which is why I switched. Sad

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 07:13:02 PM »

Hmm, this is odd...are the hardware settings resetted, too? Try to change them and check if they are accepted.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Raavena Frayus
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 07:15:15 PM »

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1xkzxo3o2d3lcql/Screenshot%20Launcher.png

There's a link to the launcher, I hope you can see it?

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2014, 07:21:23 PM »

Yes, I see it. Is this the launcher already connected to the saber? If so, then there is a problem with recognizing it by your PC - there is no serial no. and the unlit lightsaber indicates there is no connection.
If it is just the launcher, then plug in your saber to your PC and take another screenshot.

Sig by Master Nero

Raavena Frayus
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2014, 12:03:53 AM »

Hey guys, back now! So, it's just the launcher, stand by for a screenshot with the saber attached!

Also, the hardware settings can be changed, I managed to change those no problem. It's just the sound settings that won't. Sad Give me one sec and I'll show you what it looks like with the saber attached!

Raavena Frayus
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2014, 12:11:55 AM »

Here's a link to a screenshot of the launcher with the saber plugged in. Anything else I can get you guys, just let me know, I'll be at my computer for the rest of the day!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7sebp6zogkeru0d/Screenshot%20Launcher%202.png

Brian64
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

This is a fertile land, and we will thrive

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2014, 12:15:59 AM »

Okay, I'm sure you've probably done this but I don't mind stating the obvious just avoid making an incorrect assumption. Have you clicked on each of the fonts in your sabre and deleted them one by one, and then dragged a new font to the correct location where you want the sound?

Light side points please

Raavena Frayus
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2014, 12:18:59 AM »

Okay, I'm sure you've probably done this but I don't mind stating the obvious just avoid making an incorrect assumption. Have you clicked on each of the fonts in your sabre and deleted them one by one, and then dragged a new font to the correct location where you want the sound?

Yup, that was one of the first things I tried. Sad Everything works fine, I can listen to the sounds and add them into their appropriate slots, and I've also made sure to use only as many sounds in each slot as I'm allowed, if that helps for informational purposes. It writes everything, and if I check the little box it even checks the files and says everything is fine, but when I unplug it and plug it back in, same old defaults. I don't even know what happened to the original default settings. :/

Brian64
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2014, 05:38:41 AM »

Another obvious question then... are you shutting the launcher program down before disconnecting the USB, and disconnecting before powering your saber down?

Light side points please

Brian64
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2014, 05:41:18 AM »

Actually, if you haven't already read through this thread, I think this should help.

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=11988.0

Light side points please

Brian64
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2014, 05:46:25 AM »

Also, another obvious thing.. but when you write the sound files, are you using the write button between the Save configuration file and connect/disconnect icon at the top of the launcher? I'm assuming you have.

Roughly how long does it normally take for the sound fonts to write to your saber and then verify?

Light side points please

Raavena Frayus
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2014, 05:47:50 AM »

Another obvious question then... are you shutting the launcher program down before disconnecting the USB, and disconnecting before powering your saber down?

Hmm, I'm not sure, actually. I might be unplugging it before I shut the launcher down. Does that make a difference? I've already had a look through that thread, but I'll have another look just in case. To be honest, I feel like I've tried it both ways with disconnecting it with the same result, but I can try it again and report back! Couldn't hurt! Is there a way I should shut the launcher down properly, or will x-ing out the window do the trick?

And yeah, when I write that's the button I use. It normally takes about... I don't know, maybe 8 minutes or so? Maybe 10?

Thanks for all your help by the way, I am kind of panicking about it because I need it working for an event in the rather near future. Tongue

Brian64
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2014, 05:58:31 AM »

Not sure how much difference it makes, but I read a lot of posts while waiting for my first sabers to arrive. Pretty much all of them said to follow the order for things to work smoothly, so that's what I've been doing.. it's been pretty flawless for me so far (touches wood).

I think I read somewhere that when someone was having sound problems, the solution suggested was to download the default obsidian font, and use it to restore the saber to factory default audio.

If it's taking a while to save, then it seems like the fonts are being saved.

If it were me, I'd be using restore defaults to get the saber back to factory specs, then working from there.

Light side points please

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: