Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: What have I done??????  (Read 1586 times)
Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« on: December 04, 2012, 05:56:27 PM »

On Thanksgiving Day, I came home from my parents house to get ready for work to find my wife's cat of 13 years dead in the kitchen.  He has since been cremated and hold a place of honor on my book shelf.  I was the very first guy my wife dated that this cat liked and thus was the deal sealer for us later getting married.

I came up with the bright idea of making a donation to the local animal shelter in the cat's name for my wife's sake.  I came home with a new cat named Jabari.

Now I am back to 3 cats, 2 dogs, and a 2 fish.  I don't live on a farm.  Sometimes I need my head examined but the cat is really cool and has taken a huge liking to my daughter so he is here forever. 

Now I have another animal to train and maintain. 

For those wondering, the name is Swahili for "Brave One."  The guy turned the kitten over to the shelter named him that because the kitten entered his house full of dogs via the pet door and stayed for over a week just out of reach before he was finally caught and sent to the shelter.

Jabari was scheduled for termination 3 times but when the Euthanizer read the story, he never had the heart and Jabari was conveniently just out of reach every time his number called.

My donation ensures that others like Jabari can find forever homes as our no-kill shelter was returned to kill status due to financial hardships.  Fortunately, Jabari won't have to face that horror at my house. 

If you have the means, adopt.  Especially if your shelter is facing hardships as they are the ones most likely to kill the quickest. 

This puts my next saber on hold at the moment but I'll be eating hummus and bagels for a few months to save for it and get it really soon.  Wouldn't hurt for me to lose some weight anyhow.

Have a great Tuesday and Happy Sabering from Blue.

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 06:15:05 PM »

Putting this in bragging rights is more than appropriate. Good for you, Blue! I love stories like this. Sorry to hear about your old friend though.

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 06:18:54 PM »

I know the feeling, "The food chain is living in my house!"

2 Rats, 1 Hedgehog, 2 Cats, 2 Dogs.

Luckily the Cats and Hedgehog eat the same food and rat food is pretty inexpensive.

MJ was volunteering at the shelter a couple years ago when our now named Athena was brought in, MJ came home with her the next day.  Cheesy

You have a good day too Blue.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 03:11:49 AM »

Definitely know the feeling, 2 dogs, 1 rat, 1 rabbit, 1 chinchilla, 1 turtle... at one point there were 2 sugar gliders, 2 hedgehogs, 2 hamsters, a gerbil, 3 cats, and 2 other rats... my family loves critters, sadly some just don't stay with you as long as others.  We lost the sugar gliders and the hedgehogs back in 2001 during the big ice storm.  We didn't have power for just over 2 weeks (15 days) and the kerosene heater I had just wasn't able to keep the house at a high enough temperature for them.

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: