Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Tri Blue stunt - standard or Li-ion batteries?  (Read 385 times)
Galef
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 209

Light side preferred, Dark side accepted

« on: August 31, 2020, 07:35:12 PM »

I'm planning on ordering a Tri-Blue stunt Dark initiate LE V5 soon and am torn about the battery setup.
I'm also torn between Guardian or Arctic blue, but I'm leaning towards Arctic just because it should look brighter due to the added Green diode. AB can also appear very close to GB in a blue day blade, which we plan on using most of the time.
I also prefer AB for thin walled photon blades due to the color saturation, but I'm getting off topic.

For either Tri-Blue, should I upgrade to the Li-ion setup or stick with the standard?

I used to have a Tri-green with standard setup that was fairly bright, but I've replaced that with a single AB in a photon blade which is somehow a bit brighter than the Tri.
The standard battery life is fairly decent too in either.

I once had a staff in Tri-Red with Li-ion batteries and while it was by FAR the brightest saber we've ever had, the batteries never lasted very long, even when idle. I'd had to recharge them far too often even when not using them.

I'm hoping my issue with the Tri-Red stunt in Li-ions was a fluke because the 2 sabers we have in V4 sound last way longer. One is Tri-Silver and the other GB with red FoC.

So given my experience with stunt sabers with either battery setup and our V4 sound sabers, I'm more inclined to get the standard setup for the stunt Initiate V5.
Anyone want to convince me otherwise? Would Li-ions make a huge brightness difference for either Tri-AB or Tri-GB?

-

Galef
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 209

Light side preferred, Dark side accepted

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2020, 11:05:51 AM »

Well, I couldn't wait for a reply because the September Summer Saber Sale was too perfect to wait.
This is my order:

Dark Initiate LE v5

[Choose Your Configuration: Stunt]
[Choose the color of your blade!: TRI Arctic Blue]
[Battery Configuration: Standard Setup]
[Recharge Port: No Recharge Port]
[v5 Claws: Silver (Default)]
[Pommel: Regular Solid Pommel (No Sound) [Recommended]]
[Switch Type: Black Non-illuminated AV Switch]

I decided since this saber is going to be my wife's and mostly decorative, we'd stick with the Standard setup. It should still be at least as bright as my single LED GB Scorpion that has Li-ions. Plus, I've got loads of spare rechargeable eneloop AAAs, so we should be good.

I'd still like some feedback on the question for future reference though

-

Jedi Skallagrimsson
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 12

An elegant weapon for a more civilized age.

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2020, 06:21:03 PM »

Gotta love the Dark Initiate LE V5, got mine in Sunrider's Destiny, I also just ordered a chassis from General Malice to help protect the battery pack. Great choice of saber and color, I'm sure you and your wife will love it!

Saber Arsenal:
Dark Initiate LE V5 (SRD), 2X Prophecy V3 (AB/VA), Dark Monarch (CG), Graflex CE (AB), Spectre (GB), Initiate V3 (AB), 2X Consular (CG/GB), Dark Catalyst  (CG), Manticore (VA/SRD), 2X Apprentice LE V5 (Staff)(SY), Archon V3.1 (CG), Dark Princess (VA), Dark Apprentice V4 (SRD)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: