Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Chinese Zodiac Avatars...does yours suit you?  (Read 6870 times)
Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« on: February 10, 2013, 06:17:25 PM »

There are the 12 symbols as well as seasonal considerations, year/month/day/hour of birth...4 pillars, yin/yang, and the Wu Xing or elements...(much more to consider if going in deep Smiley )

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_zodiac

The image we all have seen...

jin (metal), mu (wood), shui (water), huo (fire), tu (earth)

Anyway here is the basic breakdown...there are positive and negative aspects...do you identify with your sign or feel out of alignment, favoring another aspect?

This site offers a good and simple breakdown...I would list every sign but that would be pages upon pages...so refer to the appropriate sign and get back to us with your thoughts (forgive the ads Sad )

http://www.chinesezodiac.com/

Look at the bottom of your sign page and find out which element aspect of the sign you fall under...each year gets assigned a symbol and then every 12yrs the symbol element changes...so for example 2013 is the year of the Water Snake...not just Snake  (PM me if it gets to confusing)

So for our consideration just check your symbol and element...does the description suit you? Would others see it a good fit for you? Or are you out of alignment  Smiley

Light side points please Smiley

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 06:27:28 PM »

Mine...(rather than post the whole thing I will pick the key thoughts)

July 1965

Water Snake

Kind and genuine, these Snakes enjoy building a solid foundation of friends and family whom they love deeply and whose company they enjoy immensely. But even with all this support, Wood Snakes rarely seek the advice of others.

Snake symbolizes such character traits as intelligence, gracefulness and materialism. When it comes to decision-making, Snakes are extremely analytical and as a result, they don’t jump into situations. They are effective at getting the things they want, even if it means they have to scheme and plot along the way.

Snakes become easily stressed when their lives aren’t peaceful or in order.

Snakes do work very hard, but they have a tendency to be job-hoppers as they become easily bored. Snakes are very creative and extremely diligent. They’re excellent problem-solvers and thrive under tight deadlines. Good career choices for Snakes include: scientist, analyst, investigator, painter, potter, jeweler, astrologer, magician, dietician, and sociologist.

PS
I have worked/trained as...scientist (industrial hygiene and biology), technical analyst, OSHA investigator, painter, potter, jeweler/lapidarist, chef, anger management therapist...I have strong interest in astrology (regarding patterns and not fortune telling) and magic.

So for me the overall description is spot on  Smiley

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 06:27:54 PM »

July 1989

I am the Snake and agree with most it says, especially the part about being possessive and obsessive about my spouse; I guard her like there is a bounty on her head.

Although I don't find myself to be materialistic at all, I surround myself with very little in fact, my home is not extravagant and bold.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 06:30:56 PM »

July 1989

I am the Snake and agree with most it says, especially the part about being possessive and obsessive about my spouse; I guard her like there is a bounty on her head.

Although I don't find myself to be materialistic at all, I surround myself with very little in fact, my home is not extravagant and bold.

Kham you are a Earth Snake!

Earth Snakes always seem to be calm and content. They’re friendly and approachable and believe that they’ll reap great rewards by working hard and relying on common sense.

Smiley

PS
The materialistic thing...it can mean bling but most often it refers to comfort...holding onto a comfy pair of jeans or old worn in shoes is materialistic also  Smiley

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 07:29:13 PM »

Kham you are a Earth Snake!

Earth Snakes always seem to be calm and content. They’re friendly and approachable and believe that they’ll reap great rewards by working hard and relying on common sense.

Smiley

PS
The materialistic thing...it can mean bling but most often it refers to comfort...holding onto a comfy pair of jeans or old worn in shoes is materialistic also  Smiley

Okay, that makes sense, I have an arm chair that i got for $10 at Goodwill, it's very comfortable but is the most horrendous orange. Like a 60/70's orange, it's bad but god I love that chair.  Cheesy

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Darth Karnivirus
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -4

To be a Sith is to taste freedom; To know victory.

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, 05:20:12 AM »

September 1997
My sign is the Fire Ox.
 Occupying the 2nd position on the Chinese Zodiac, Oxen possess such character traits as dependability, strength and determination. Oxen are tolerant individuals who believe that the road to success involves hard work and scrupulous behavior; they don’t believe in taking shortcuts. They characterize those who don’t work hard as lazy individuals not worthy of respect.

Oxen are capable of trusting others and will listen to their opinions with an open mind. However, Oxen prefer making decisions that are based on their own research. Oxen favor strong, life-long alliances to casual acquaintances.

Home is where Oxen go to seek comfort, occasionally watching television or reading. They prefer the rural outdoors and spend the majority of their “home” time working in the garden or caring for the yard.

This hardly fits me at all! I looked at some others and I seem more like a Water Dragon.

Occupying the 5th position in the Chinese Zodiac, the Dragon is the mightiest of the signs. Dragons symbolize such character traits as dominance and ambition. Dragons prefer to live by their own rules and if left on their own, are usually successful. They’re driven, unafraid of challenges, and willing to take risks. They’re passionate in all they do and they do things in grand fashion. Unfortunately, this passion and enthusiasm can leave Dragons feeling exhausted and interestingly, unfulfilled.

While Dragons frequently help others, rarely will they ask for help. Others are attracted to Dragons, especially their colorful personalities, but deep down, Dragons prefer to be alone. Perhaps that is because they’re most successful when working alone. Their preference to be alone can come across as arrogance or conceitedness, but these qualities aren’t applicable. Dragons have tempers that can flare fast!

This sign actually fits me almost perfectly. I've actually had issues with being too giving and not taking time for myself xD

Use your hate. Turn it into strength. Fueled by anger, there is nothing a Sith cannot vanquish.

Des Rado
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 9

If the credits talk, oh what bounties I'll shock.

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2013, 07:41:05 AM »

I'd be a Metal Horse being born in 1990. I am not really under the umbrella of the Horse though. I'm not very outgoing, nor extremely animated however I do throw in jabs of humor and wit when they are called for.

If I have to be a metal horse though, I don't agree to the commitment thing though, as I find myself to be very loyal to those I am close to. Hey, I've had the same best friend for 16 years and I'm 23!

I would say I'm somewhere between a water and wood horse. I am adaptive, yet can be indecisive at times, but I am stable enough to remain consistent and interact well with others.

Bounty Hunter
Current sabers:

Bronze Apprentice (Consular Green)
Arbiter (Adegan Silver w/ color discs)

Duff Man
The Double Triple X 4 + Fish OG of Randomness Version 2.7 of part 9 = Bacon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -358

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2013, 09:29:53 AM »

September 1980 Metal Monkey:
Personality

Occupying the 9th position on the Chinese Zodiac, the Monkey possesses such character traits as curiosity, mischievousness, and cleverness. Forever playful, Monkeys are the masters of practical jokes. Even though their intentions are always good, this desire to be a prankster has a tendency to create ill will and hurt feelings.

Although they are inherently intellectual and creative, Monkeys at times have trouble exhibiting these qualities. When that happens, they appear to others to be confused. But nothing could be further from the truth as Monkeys thrive on being challenged. Monkeys prefer urban life to rural, and their favorite pastime is people-watching.
Health

Believing that being sick is a waste of a valuable day, Monkeys very rarely feel ill. Their constantly active lifestyles are likely what helps Monkeys remain in good health. When Monkeys do become ill, such feelings are generally the result of feeling nervous.
Career

When it comes to work, Monkeys can do just about anything. They adapt well to changing environments and they’re very intelligent. They work quickly, but they’ll frequently charge double for their services. Good career fields for Monkeys are accounting and banking. Other good careers for Monkeys include: scientist, engineer, stock market trader, air traffic controller, dealer, film director, jeweler and sales representative.
Relationships

When it comes to relationships, Monkeys aren’t quick to settle down. In fact, they generally are promiscuous; a tendency that probably has to do with the fact that Monkeys are easily bored. Monkeys will end this type of behavior once they pair up with the perfect partner. In fact, more often than not, they’ll commit to that person in every way for life.
Monkeys and the 5 elements
Metal Monkey – Years 1920 and 1980

Metal Monkeys are determined and ambitious individuals and as a result, they’re often successful. Although they’re considered warm-hearted and very likeable, their preference in life is to be alone. Metal Monkeys are loyal to both their employers and their partners.
Water Monkey – Years 1932 and 1992

Water Monkeys are extremely sensitive and often feel hurt by the things that are said to them. They refuse to show their sensitive side to others and as a result, are extreme jokesters. If they can stay focused, they can succeed, but more often than not, they’re easily distracted from their goals.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah this really doesn't fit me. But I am more of a water then Metal  

« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 09:33:42 AM by Duff Man » Logged

Ultra Saber SI Staff:Guardian Blue
Ultra Saber Redemption:SRD
Ultra Saber Dominix V2 LE:Dark VA
MR Construction Kit:RGB

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2013, 12:44:29 PM »

August 1974:  Yang Wood Tiger

Occupying the 3rd position on the Chinese Zodiac, the Tiger symbolizes such character traits as bravery, competitiveness and unpredictability. Tigers love to be challenged and will accept any challenge if it means protecting a loved one or protecting their honor. They don’t worry about the outcome because they know they’ll always land on their feet. Don’t let their calm appearance fool you though; Tigers will pounce when they feel it’s necessary.

Born to lead, Tigers can be stubborn if they realize they’re not in charge. They have a slight tendency to be selfish but overall, Tigers are extremely generous. They’re very intelligent and they’re always on alert. Tigers are very charming and are well-liked by others. They are not motivated by money or power.

Health

As they do their enemies, Tigers have a tendency to pounce on their work. Afterwards, they’re left feeling exhausted. Although they’ll soon bounce right back, over time this approach can cause problems with their health. Tigers need to develop a more balanced approach to life so they can utilize their energy more efficiently.

Career

Tigers have a continual need to be challenged which may explain why they jump from job to job. This isn’t necessarily a problem because they’re smart and able to quickly master new subjects. The best jobs for Tigers are those that will lead them towards positions of leadership. Some suitable careers for Tigers include: advertising agent, office manager, travel agent, actor, writer, artist, pilot, flight attendant, musician, comedian and chauffeur.

Relationships

Creative in their passion, Tigers will never bore their partners. They’re expressive, polite and trustworthy, but watch out. Tigers tend to dominate their relationships. This tendency is instinctive and when monitored closely, such behavior can be kept under control. Partners need to be equally active to keep up with the Tiger’s sense of adventure.

Wood Tiger – Years 1914 and 1974

Not feeling the need to be in charge, Wood Tigers work well with others. Others enjoying being around Wood Tigers because they’re very giving individuals. They’re compassionate and willing to do whatever is necessary to help others.

I see this as spot on.  Nice Find Rel!!!

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Ricos
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -48

“I find your lack of faith disturbing.”

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2013, 12:56:40 PM »

1972 year of The Rat

You are imaginative, charming, and truly generous to the person you love. However, you have a tendency to be quick-tempered and overly critical. You are also inclined to be somewhat of an opportunist. Born under this sign, you should be happy in sales or as a writer, critic, or publicist.

If they are born during the day, they are most likely to have a rich easy life. If they are born during the night, they may have a life of hard work. People born in these years are usually cheerful and kind. Rats tend to sleep all day and hunt all night.

Famous people born this year are Shakespeare, Mozart, Churchill, Washington, and Truman Capote

People born in the Year of the Rat are noted for their charm and attraction for the opposite sex. They work hard to achieve their goals, acquire possessions, and are likely to be perfectionists. They are basically thrifty with money. Rat people are easily angered and love to gossip. Their ambitions are big, and they are usually very successful. They are most compatible with people born in the years of the Dragon, Monkey, and Ox. Rats are both charming and aggressive. They appear calm and well balanced on the surface, but underneath, they are restless and a little nervous. Rats are compatible, hard working, and they know how to hang on to a penny. They are never without admirers. They are very appealing. They have a bright and happy personality, and this keeps them busy socially. They love parties and other large gatherings. They like belonging to exclusive clubs and will often have a close circle of fellow conspirators. They like involvement and are very outgoing. Rats cherish friends and loved ones. For this reason, they often get entangled with others' problems and lives.

Rats love money and are quite shrewd where a buck is concerned. It is a hard task to separate Rats from their money. However, Rats can be very generous when their loved ones are concerned. Relatives are always welcome. Rats are definitely clannish and clever. With all these people around, Rats always find tasks for them to earn their keep. People will be put to work quickly in the Rat's house. Rats know how to keep a secret, if it's their own, but they are adept at finding out what others try to keep to themselves, and Rats wouldn't be above using the information if it were to their benefit.

One can always tell when Rats are upset. They become edgy, very nervous, and quite nagging. Rats are always taken by a bargain. They often buy things they don't need and tend to save everything. Souvenirs and sentimental odds and ends are found tucked away everywhere.

Since they make it a point to know everything about everybody, rats are excellent writers. They have a good memory and are extremely inquisitive. Rats can be successful in almost everything they try to do. They easily adapt themselves to the situation at hand. They are at their best during any crisis and are great problem solvers. Rats are very level headed and are also very alert. Their intuition is strong and they are always on the lookout for opportunities to better themselves. Rats seldom get into jams they can't escape since they cover themselves well in advance. They have a built in alarm system.

One of the Rat's biggest fault is that they try to do too much at once. They often scatter their energies and get nothing accomplished. Once they learn to finish what they have started, there is no stopping them from being successful. The Rat must also watch those fast deals and those great bargains. In these areas their judgment may fail them. They must not become too greedy, or they will suffer a financial blow or two.

Rats have great respect for their parents and dote on their own children. They love their home. Family life is very important to them. Rats born during the evening are tempted to a more hectic life than those born during the day.

Rats learn early, quickly, and are avid readers. They know how to express themselves well-both written and orally. Given the slightest chance, Rats can make a success of their lives.

Bellicose DVA...Obsidian
Overlord BR...Obsidian
Overlord BR
Dominix LE v3 CG
Dark Initiate v2 GB...son
Initiate LE v3 CG...nephew
Standard Issue Battle Saber v3 AS...son

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2013, 02:47:12 PM »

Yay this thread got a renewed breath of life  Cheesy

As for the ones who find themselves not matching or identifying with their birth sign and descriptors...there are some interesting thoughts that go along with this situation.

There is the potential that your essence is out of alignment...because of a former life left incomplete (if you go for such things Smiley )...it may be that you have not "found yourself" or are in emotional/personal growth/rebuilding...it may be that you are the type who just refuses being fit into anything that is not by your choice...or many other potential reasons.

The symbology of the avatars was developed over a period of time by noting personality traits, behavioral patterns, and other measurable considerations.  So it goes to common sense that some people would be outside the normal tracked aspects...and that should be chalked up human nature but in most cases this difference is seen as misalignment or being out of sorts in some value.

For our purposes it is just a bit of fun.

Cheesy

Thanks for playing along...in the end it was just meant to get one thinking and entertain for a moment.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: