Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Devil May Cry movie.  (Read 3969 times)
SithLord45
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -24

« on: December 11, 2012, 11:11:51 PM »

Yes you heard right a movie adaptation of the popular Capcom game Devil May Cry is set to come out in 2016:

http://www.movieweb.com/movie/devil-may-cry

A long wait I know but the 4 years might make it worth it.  This got me wondering which Dante they are going to use: The silver haired one from Devil May Cry 1-4 or the black haired one from the new DMC reboot.  I'm pretty sure its going to be the silver haired one.  Also I was wondering who would make a good Dante?

~Dark Side points would be appreciated~

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 11:23:51 PM »

Well it's about time! What is with all of these amazing movies coming out? Well, this one is going to be a really long wait, so I'm not too flustered at least.

I seriously hope they use the white-haired Dante. I only played the demo for the reboot, but I did not like what I saw.

SithLord45
Knight Ensign

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 11:26:06 PM »

I have only seen pictures of the reboot and I do think Ebony and Ivory and the Rebellion look cool, and I guess i'm a little bias to the new Dante only because he and i are supporting the same hairstyle Tongue

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 11:28:24 PM »

I certainly hope this is true because DMC has been in development hell evener since the right were acquired.

There is a strong chance that we could see one in 2016 by looking at the movie industry at the moment.

Now, I don't mind the Resident Evil movies but a lot of people loathe them because they don't stick close to the source material.

I guess I'm saying I really want them to keep it close to the source material and not deviate into it's own thing.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

SithLord45
Knight Ensign

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 11:30:53 PM »

Yeah I guess the movie industry is notorious for kinda sidetracking and making something up. 

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2012, 12:14:58 AM »

Movie Plot:

Dante is a regular human being who stumbles around like a blithering idiot as he tries to save mankind from extinction. His enemies? Furbies.
shudders.

Oramac
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -256

Dark Side, please. I like the cookies.

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2012, 12:46:21 AM »

Movie Plot:

Dante is a regular human being who stumbles around like a blithering idiot as he tries to save mankind from extinction. His enemies? Furbies.
shudders.

I admit.  I laughed.  Hard.  But yea that plot would suck horribly.  I never really got too heavily into the DMC series, but I've always kinda wanted to see a film adaptation of it for some reason. 

I give stealth points.  You may get one without ever knowing it! Muwahaha!

Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red/AS FOC [or FO/VA FOC]
Initiate v3 with Obsidian - Blazing Red
Initiate v3 - Consular

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2012, 01:00:30 AM »

I admit.  I laughed.  Hard.  But yea that plot would suck horribly.  I never really got too heavily into the DMC series, but I've always kinda wanted to see a film adaptation of it for some reason. 

For me, nothing will beat the original DMC. Man, that game was amazing... 

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2012, 01:03:12 AM »

For me, nothing will beat the original DMC. Man, that game was amazing... 

That's why they need to just adapt the first one into a movie.

Since the second game lacked that special something that made the first so awesome and it wasn't well received, they could build off of the first one, making a better sequel than the game was.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2012, 01:11:08 AM »

Or they could just hand the project over to Thousand Pounds Action Company and have them make the movie. Seriously, those guys are amazing, and they make some of the best short movies I have ever seen. In fact, just hand all of these big projects over to them Grin

SithLord45
Knight Ensign

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2012, 02:29:04 PM »

That's why they need to just adapt the first one into a movie.

Since the second game lacked that special something that made the first so awesome and it wasn't well received, they could build off of the first one, making a better sequel than the game was.

Well it depends on which order they want.  The order games 1-4 aren't chronological order.  It goes:

Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening
Devil May Cry
Anime Series
Devil May Cry 4
Devil May Cry 2

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2020, 05:59:11 PM »

I certainly hope this is true because DMC has been in development hell evener since the right were acquired.

There is a strong chance that we could see one in 2016 by looking at the movie industry at the moment.

Now, I don't mind the Resident Evil movies but a lot of people loathe them because they don't stick close to the source material.

I guess I'm saying I really want them to keep it close to the source material and not deviate into it's own thing.

Like the last post says, the games don't go in chronological order by release date and have wildly different stories (sometimes slightly conflicting with pre-established canon in bits and pieces.) Don't get me wrong, I was and am a huge fan of this series... They could make a great movie, but titles like Dragonball: the live action movie, the American version of Deathnote (because the Japanese live action 2 movies were stellar IMO), and others out there that are cringe worthy... Give me pause, and cause for concern if done poorly.

So if they want to pick a good choice of game, and writers & directors who will try to remain faithful to the source material and character's true natures/personalities, it could be a blockbuster for sure. I'd personally bring the original creator on board for a heavy consultation role, since it's his "baby" and was later taken away from him.

My vote would be a movie based on DMC 3, although 1 is a great game... it'd make a better sequel movie to DMC 3. AND the main reason being this game is edgy, shows Dante in true form but also growing into himself with great character development, and it has amazing cameos/sequences with Vergil. Which if we're being honest will really sell the movie and give people a great drama mixed into the savage action. It also highlights Lady, and her as a character very well, further establishing different elements of the series as a whole. It's a great "starting point" for introducing many characters, although DMC (the newer one with black haired Dante) is a better "true" starting point for the series... that could later be released as a "prequel" if the 1st movie does well. Movie releases could go DMC 3, then DMC 1, and have DMC next as a sort of flashback after the climax of the original game where Dante is reflecting on how all this really started! I love that their ages are so hard to calculate truly, like Dante's age on a drivers license would blow your mind and you'd have to see his birth certificate for real.

I did a little research and sadly it looks like a true movie never came to fruition...? Such a shame if this is true.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: