Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 468 469 [470] 471 472 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1496718 times)
Solstice Lacer
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -424

« Reply #7035 on: November 27, 2018, 01:22:18 AM »

A thought I had: maybe a $150 (ish) grab bag option?

You can pay more for a mystery box to guarantee a saber with sound. But I personally would rather have, (for example); a stunt Arbiter than an Initiate with sound.

So I'd like if I could order a grab bag with a guaranteed hilt above a certain price level (maybe Bellicose and up)

Laying low, seeking out the poorer quarters where the ragged people go, looking for the places only they would know.

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #7036 on: November 27, 2018, 01:55:34 PM »

So I'd like if I could order a grab bag with a guaranteed hilt above a certain price level (maybe Bellicose and up)

I like this idea. all of my MB's have been sentinels with no sound, I know that is what I signed up for but a $150 for a bellicose and up option sounds pretty good to me.

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

CruentoNox
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 464

We are what they grow beyond

« Reply #7037 on: November 27, 2018, 01:57:43 PM »

I like the idea of a "Higher end grab bag"

Sabers Owned
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, SRD with AB FoC, windows and Green-Illuminated A/V Switch
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, AB with windows
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, SRD with windows
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, GB with AS FoC, windows and Non-Illuminated Silver A/V Switch
- Dominix V4, Stunt, BR with windows
- Bellicose, LITE sound, AS with AB FoC, Black blade holder, Bronze button, Long grooves pommel and White-Illuminated A/V Switch

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #7038 on: November 27, 2018, 04:50:07 PM »

I also in favor of the idea of higher end grab bags. I know a lot of users on this forum are BIG fans of the Sentinel and I do not care for them.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #7039 on: November 27, 2018, 03:42:20 PM »

Higher end Grab Bag I could go for. It would never have sound, (unless it's sent back for upgrades or user altered), but at least a better choice hilt would be nice.

Of course, I personally would just pick a hilt, pick the upgrades and use a discount code (flash, raffle or deal of the day, etc), for my specified hilt.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2790

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7040 on: November 28, 2018, 12:00:24 AM »

Count me in for that

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #7041 on: November 27, 2018, 09:25:59 PM »

Oh yeah that would definitely open up my wallet...

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

deevee2
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 110

« Reply #7042 on: November 28, 2018, 01:01:41 PM »

Higher end grab bag/mystery box sounds like a good idea. Be a good chance to get something nice that you can upgrade, whereas the lower end hilts tend to leave you with stunt sabers - which inadvertently make decent gifts for family.

Ultrasabers hilt builds:
  Archon 3.1 (RGBW, sound, activation box)
  Spectre (Neopixel, SmoothSwing, sound)
  Aeon LE v5 (RGBW, SmoothSwing, sound)
  Dominix LE v5 (RGBW, SmoothSwing, sound)

Ultrasabers empties:
  Chosen One, Graflex, 2x Dorinians, Savior, Raven, Consular

Hilt builds:
  Custom chassis, 18650 Li-Ion, bass speaker (2-4w), recharge port, 3rd party saber controller

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7043 on: November 28, 2018, 06:19:55 AM »

I like them all, high and low end sabers. To me, stunt sabers are really easy to spin and you won't cringe as much if any when you drop or smack it against something.  The sound sabers are a different story, it's more costly to repair them or replace a part

deevee2
Knight Templar

« Reply #7044 on: November 28, 2018, 01:29:48 PM »

I like them all, high and low end sabers. To me, stunt sabers are really easy to spin and you won't cringe as much if any when you drop or smack it against something.  The sound sabers are a different story, it's more costly to repair them or replace a part
very true, much lighter without all that stuff in the hilt as well. That's the bittersweet truth to having an upgraded higher end hilt, they're awesome but you almost don't want to play with them and risk damaging - particularly dinging up the hilt since most other things could likely be fixed easily.

Ultrasabers hilt builds:

Ultrasabers empties:

Hilt builds:
  Custom chassis, 18650 Li-Ion, bass speaker (2-4w), recharge port, 3rd party saber controller

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #7045 on: November 28, 2018, 02:01:16 PM »

Lower end hilts are for use, higher end hilts are for show. Can you do it the other way? Sure, you can. However, the simpler the saber, the better it handles. Though, some of the lower end ones definitely look good enough for show, especially in costume. The LE hilts really look striking.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7046 on: November 28, 2018, 07:42:01 AM »

Lower end hilts are for use, higher end hilts are for show. Can you do it the other way? Sure, you can. However, the simpler the saber, the better it handles. Though, some of the lower end ones definitely look good enough for show, especially in costume. The LE hilts really look striking.

Agreed completely.  There are a few high end sabers that are good for spinning like the Consular, Shock, Savior, etc.

deevee2
Knight Templar

« Reply #7047 on: November 28, 2018, 02:55:23 PM »

yeah I still really like my Initiate v4 with O-rings and different pommel - it's very light and looked great hanging from my belt. my Guardian is getting up there with almost being heavy enough that if I wore it on my belt it'd start pulling my pants off. gonna need suspenders.

Ultrasabers hilt builds:

Ultrasabers empties:

Hilt builds:

CruentoNox
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 464

We are what they grow beyond

« Reply #7048 on: November 28, 2018, 07:56:03 AM »

Agreed. The lower end ones tend to be better to learn with as well. They're usually more comfortable to develop your skills. I use one of my Aeon V4 Stunt sabers for spinning and Lightsaber Class. Of course I could bring any saber to my class but if it turns on unexpectedly it isn't as distracting without the sound  Grin

Sabers Owned
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, SRD with AB FoC, windows and Green-Illuminated A/V Switch
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, AB with windows
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, SRD with windows
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, GB with AS FoC, windows and Non-Illuminated Silver A/V Switch
- Dominix V4, Stunt, BR with windows
- Bellicose, LITE sound, AS with AB FoC, Black blade holder, Bronze button, Long grooves pommel and White-Illuminated A/V Switch

deevee2
Knight Templar

« Reply #7049 on: November 28, 2018, 03:09:47 PM »

Agreed. The lower end ones tend to be better to learn with as well. They're usually more comfortable to develop your skills. I use one of my Aeon V4 Stunt sabers for spinning and Lightsaber Class. Of course I could bring any saber to my class but if it turns on unexpectedly it isn't as distracting without the sound  Grin
I never thought about that. I bet a room full of sabers all spinning with sound starts to get a bit much.

Ultrasabers hilt builds:

Ultrasabers empties:

Hilt builds:

Pages: 1 ... 468 469 [470] 471 472 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: