Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: coolest saber color  (Read 7431 times)
Darth Rifter
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -200

Darth Rifter and Jedi Keldor...Darn it I forgot.

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2011, 07:56:05 PM »

speaking of arctic blue, is there any chance we could see it in future RGB sabers or not.

Aelde Renn
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 8

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2011, 03:58:57 PM »

I suspect not on the arctic blue being in an RGB.  Reason is, I'm pretty sure they had to resistor one or both of the die used on the RGB to achieve  that color.  If this were an option, it would consequently change all the other colors as well.

I've been considering the Fire Orange for a long time.  Then I heard they were working on a yellow, so I've been waiting to see if that materializes!

SILVERBACK
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -77

i like dark side points and cookies

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2011, 04:39:56 PM »

would anyone have any pics of the fire orange in mkidgrade or ultraedge? i just might make that my next color.

Aelde Renn
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2011, 04:44:09 PM »

Go to www.ultrasabers.com, and look at the available colors about 1/3 of the way down the page.  I believe those are shown in mid-grade.

Eternus
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -3

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2011, 05:57:23 PM »

Aelde I remember you from the other forums! I was Lord Ian over there. Nice to see more familiar people. And silverback if you're at all considering grabbing an orange saber do it! When I finally get my custom built I'm gonna use a red led but I'm gonne install QDs so I can switch to an orange when I want. It definately stands out in a crowd!

Dark Side points preferred

Catalyst blazing red
Oppressor guardian blue
Aggressor fire orange
Enforcer sunriders destiny
Bane RGB

vash1128
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2011, 08:47:43 PM »

I suspect not on the arctic blue being in an RGB.  Reason is, I'm pretty sure they had to resistor one or both of the die used on the RGB to achieve  that color.  If this were an option, it would consequently change all the other colors as well.

I've been considering the Fire Orange for a long time.  Then I heard they were working on a yellow, so I've been waiting to see if that materializes!

I don't know about other people, but my arctic blue saber is pretty much the same color as the blue + green from my RGB.  I think Deep mentioned on another post that arctic blue is just a straight mix of blue and green without any resistors, which match my observations.

Hobb
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 1

I wear my saber on my hip.

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2011, 09:17:23 PM »

So, if the Arctic Blue is a straight Blue-Green mix, and the SRD is leaning more towards the Green, then what would you get if you leaned more towards the blue?

“Infinite, is the Force. Only do we set the limitations… for ourselves.” —Kerrick Rin

Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -323

Galactic basic you nerfherder! Do you speak it!?

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2011, 09:39:46 PM »

So, if the Arctic Blue is a straight Blue-Green mix, and the SRD is leaning more towards the Green, then what would you get if you leaned more towards the blue?
you would probable just get something like guardian blue

One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss.-BIG BASS

Aelde Renn
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2011, 10:02:03 PM »

Eternus, thanks for the shout!   Wink 

If the arctic blue is a straight mix, then I stand corrected!  By the pictures, I figured it was more towards the blue side.

Onli-Won Kanomi
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 5

Jedi Knight Of Faith

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2011, 11:05:16 PM »

If "Arctic Blue" is a straight equal unresistored mix of blue and green then it is true cyan which is blue.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyan

Note especially the "electric cyan vs process cyan" section and the right side panes with ADDITIVE secondary cyan vs SUBTRACTIVE primary cyan. Notice that the additive secondary cyan pane has RGB values of 0 red, 255 green, 255 blue. This represents a fully powered equal mix of green and blue in RGB and should [in theory] be what an unresistored RGB LED mix produces since RGB mixing is ADDITIVE not subtractive like coloured filters on a white LED are. If your monitor is calibrated correctly methinks Arctic Blue should be close to what ADDITIVE SECONDARY CYAN shows there.

Of course reality isnt theory and human colour PERCEPTION varies individually ['colour blindness'] and also I've noticed that for me at least because high powered LED sabers are very bright direct EMITTED COLOUR light rather than how we perceive most object's colour indirectly from reflected light that for me sabers do seem a bit 'paler' in hue than the same colour on a PC monitor...I hypothesize this may be because they are higher powered tighly focused light sources [?] or maybe its just my own perception so your milage may vary.

So personally I would expect an Arctic Blue to appear a bright pale cyan blue and look forward to getting one and finding out.

plain Stunt [Guardian Blue]
gold Minilord [Adegan Silver]
purple Minilord [Fire Orange]
Initiate v1 DIY [Fire Orange]
Wraith v1 [Fire Orange]
Wraith LE [Sunrider's Destiny]
Dark Apprentice [Blazing Red]
The Overlord [SRD]
Liberator v2 [Violet Amethyst]
Shock LE DIY [under construction]

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print