Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Glued on/off button bottom pieces?  (Read 872 times)
JdiKnhtJMH
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 262

Jedi Weapons Master

« on: February 18, 2011, 07:14:54 AM »

I recently had a complicated scheme involving switching the LEDs between 4 sabers - blue malice into a red dark apprentice, red dark apprentice into a green malice, green malice into blue malice, I was also going to pop the internals out of my green dark apprentice to do some work on it (straightening the beveled emitter for the Qui Gon mod)

I ran into problems with the activator buttons. I slowly and gently wiggle them out using a knife and a pair of plyers as usual. At the bottom there is a white bit that the wires go into, and with most of the US sabers I've modified, you can grip that in your fingers and turn the black button piece to seperate them, insert the little white piece back into the saber, and slide the whole electronic assembly back out.

I don't know if this is what's happening, but with the  blue malice and the green dark apprentice, the newer sabers, it seemed as though the white part had been glued to the black part so you couldnt take out the electronics at all without cutting the wires. Is ultrasabers now gluing these parts together? Or did I just get two odd sabers. The first time I tried it I ended up not being able to turn it by hand, and having to try to use the plyers for grip, which resulted in a shattered on/off button which I had to replace using a rocker switch from auto-zone.

Arsenal with Obsidian Sound And Silver Flash on Clash:

Kylo Ren Flamberge, Dark War Glaive, Reaper w/ Dornian pommel, Bane, Menace, Vader Prophecy, Darth Sidious Initiate V4
Dorinian, Obi Wan ROTS Archon, Regal Mantis, Spectre, Anakin AOTC Prophecy
Consular, Dark Shock, Yoda Initiate, Luke ROTJ Archon, Kit Fisto Menace
RGB: Bellicose Staff, Raven, Manticore Staff, Emerald Catalyst
Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 05:26:30 AM »

We don't assemble the switch or take the switch apart.  Rather than taking the switch apart, just unsolder the wires from the switch leads.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: