Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Gray Jedi  (Read 6307 times)
Soul
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -115

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2017, 05:25:07 AM »

I think your outfit looks awesome.  The only thing you could fix that might work a little better is getting rid of the hanging tassels on the scarf, it looks a little off, but not bad.

This^
The scarves/sashes give a tattered look because of the tassels, which don't match with the clean cut look of the rest of the outfit.
Or, alternatively, adapt the existing gear to make it look more drab, torn, and well worn.  Get some tears in the grey over-tabard, and some scuff marks.
A new sash would be easier though  Tongue

Neither Sith nor Jedi, however dark side points are appropriate

My saber: Aeon LE V4 Fire Orange stunt

seaofkyber
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 11

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2017, 06:58:55 PM »

Personally I would remove the turtleneck simply because of how hot it's going to be, and use a workout shirt or something under to get the worst of the sweat and keep it away from the costume. I would also ditch the scarf since it looks a bit out of place, or at least remove the long hanging tassels. What kind of knot are you hiding? There are a lot of nifty solutions to things that don't involve a giant scarf.  Grin

You can call me Sea.
Apprentice LE V4

LS points please Smiley

kienzan
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2017, 09:36:57 PM »

I got a wide black belt under those belts. I loop it around my body kinda like a karate belt. I then double knot it at the front. The main thing I like about the scarf is that it puts accent to the black and gray, and also adds a little sage-like element to the outfit. Personally, I am not a fan of the kotor look or old republic look and am dubious about prequel era look. I sorta want someone who looks well dressed but is also a little flowy and not ready-for-battle dressed. I definitely will look around for a less worn white sash.

The turtleneck is ultra thin underneath. Regardless, I'm gonna sweat a storm anyway Sad

seaofkyber
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 11

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2017, 04:23:21 AM »

Well, what looks do you like? I've personally always been a fan of the clone wars era clean cut tunics. If you want to add some flair without looking battle ready I would go with a patterned obi and/or tabards, like the lore keepers tend to wear. The jedi temple guards also wear some nice looking robes...

If you absolutely want a sash, use a thinner material, tie it properly and put it under the belt. Get a buckle or some kind of fastening for the belt, they're not difficult to put on plus it'll hold up better if you're going to wear anything on it.

On another note, when you said black belt that loops around and my mind went directly starkillers jedi robes but that seems very far from what you're looking for... Maybe it's the gray jedi thing that auto connects to Galen in my head.  Tongue

You can call me Sea.
Apprentice LE V4

LS points please Smiley

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2017, 04:46:50 PM »

Does this work for you or way too thin looking?

https://www.amazon.com/Kung-Fu-Sash-Nylon-White/dp/B005E1AO2E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1488645949&sr=8-1&keywords=karate+sash

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2017, 08:23:11 PM »

Personally I would remove the turtleneck simply because of how hot it's going to be, and use a workout shirt or something under to get the worst of the sweat and keep it away from the costume. I would also ditch the scarf since it looks a bit out of place, or at least remove the long hanging tassels. What kind of knot are you hiding? There are a lot of nifty solutions to things that don't involve a giant scarf.  Grin
This is a really great idea! Thanks for suggesting that, as it helps me out, too! I'm attending our local Comic Con in 2 weeks, and I think this is a great idea for keeping me cool and the costume dry (er).  Wink

Point to you.

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2017, 08:37:40 PM »

Looks awesome!  I really like the belt in particular, it's a great change from the standard Jedi belt, and looks totally natural there (since it matches your undershirt).

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2017, 10:16:45 PM »

Can always hit up KhloesCustomClothing for a dickie inner tunic same color as your shirt for the warmer weather. Just a suggestion on that though

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2017, 07:03:03 AM »

This is a really great idea! Thanks for suggesting that, as it helps me out, too! I'm attending our local Comic Con in 2 weeks, and I think this is a great idea for keeping me cool and the costume dry (er).  Wink

Point to you.

This is what most of our costumers do. They have active wear shorts under their skin tight body suits (helps 'keep everything in place' Wink and keep cooler while having something decent underneath for changing out of the suit). Our Spartan body suits are active wear shirt and active wear pants (then I have a set of active wear shorts over top to attach the thigh pieces to). They keep you MUCH MUCH cooler and you don't feel as damp and horrible. I'm actually far cooler in my Spartan armour than I am in my Jedi.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

kienzan
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2017, 12:58:08 AM »

Ok so what about this...

Soul
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -115

« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2017, 03:11:40 AM »

Oooh, much better imho
That looks great!

Neither Sith nor Jedi, however dark side points are appropriate

My saber: Aeon LE V4 Fire Orange stunt

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2017, 06:45:08 AM »

Much better for sure Tongue Where did you get the boots at? I wouldn't mind a more real pair of Jedi boots but ones that don't cost a ton

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 602

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2017, 06:05:16 PM »

I agree, this looks much better.  Wink Nice job on a cool costume. Point to you.

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/s & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/s an silver foc
 Archon CG w/s an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/s an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite s and AB foc
 Exile in CG w/s an silver foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Free)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (Raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Dark Initiate V2 in GB (free)
 Franken saber in VA
 Dominix LE V2 in BR (friend)
Wish list: Sound in my Guardian, Dark Prophecy BR

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2017, 10:50:48 PM »

Is that how a guardian blue blade looks outside during the day?

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2017, 03:13:27 AM »

to me it actually looks like an enhanced blue blade. But its not really day day out though more like mid evening or something so its probably why also we can see the blade color. Not that we still couldn't in broad day light conditions if the camera is set up right but yeah. You can notice its kinda shadowy out

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: