Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Down
Author Topic: 501st? Rebel Legion? Don't fit with them? Let's make our own.  (Read 44662 times)
Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2012, 08:42:01 PM »

As long as you don't frown on the idea of a Jedi with a Rocket Launcher, I'm down.

Hey, what about The Potentium, after a radical group that was expelled from the Jedi circa 132 BBY?

Does the rocket launcher fire lightsaber hilts that activate upon leaving the barrel? Grin

The is awesome and a point to the OP.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Jammo
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 326

Hawk-Bat Leader

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2012, 09:10:31 PM »

Does the rocket launcher fire lightsaber hilts that activate upon leaving the barrel? Grin

The is awesome and a point to the OP.

Nah, just a fake HE warhead... a tribute to my old Jarhead job slingin' Stingers, once I build the fool thing.

Big Andy
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -173

Dark side points please.

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2012, 09:24:59 PM »

We could be the USE, The United Saber Enthusiasts. One of the things that we could do as well would be to have group saber training and put on choreographed performances for charity events, cons, and other such things.

The Jedi are simple minded fools who try to avoid there feeling when feelings are the path of true power. The Sith on the other hand are just as foolish in only using anger to fuel there power. To unlock true power one must utilize all of one's emotions.

Nhylus
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 48

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2012, 09:48:58 PM »

I really think this whole thread has struck gold. Especially with the "reality" factor for appearance. Practicality versus Flashy and Canon.
Almost gives it a StarWars 1313 vibe. haha

I do appreciate lightside points haha.

Stephen Strange
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -40

The Netherlands, The Hague

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2012, 10:19:35 PM »

I like 'Alliance of the Force'

I also read and understood the information from the Star Wars costume designers out of the book 'Dressing the Galaxy' (http://starwars.fidm.edu/). Where they very clearly state the following...

When asked by the clothing department to George Lucas how a Jedi would dress he says... 'They are basically a combination or Japanese Samurai and Western Monks' This have some extra asian things included... and for the Sith some Uniform and armor looks too. He didn't speak about color although most robes would be brown, it is not a golden rule. In for instance 'The Clone Wars Animated' we see blue, purple and grey pass too.

And Luke in ROTJ seem to break all normal rules? Actually he doesn't... According to what I just explained he follows the rules perfectly. He dresses black/grey with brown cape (not even a robe)... his jacket has a madarin (asian) collar and an eastern front (also russian/mongolian) and he wears high boots. He also wears an Obi, part of japanese clothing.

Some things that always come back to make a Jedi outfit recognisable as Jedi outfit...

- High boots or Tabi
- The overcoat/robe/cape in color to fit the wearer
- A belt to wear the lightsaber on
- A hook or Covertec clip to wear the lightsaber on
- An Obi
- No jeans or t-shirts.. it seems that Jedi and Sith prefer natural colors and materials. For the colors... dark red is as much a natural color as sky blue or leather brown.
- Padawans have the Padawan tail
- In a universe with high advanced tech... glasses will not be needed. Although sunglasses and other safety gear will be ok.

And females tend to go a bit more into details. They like fashion as much on Earth as in that Galaxy far far away.

Knowing this I never liked the rules that made me a copy of a character. I don't want to see 10 Leia and 3 Han's etc.

ps. The part about no Saber fights in any way... I would expect from any person dressed as a jedi with a light saber (especially an Ultra saber) that he is able to use it.

pps. If I would want a copy of Luke or Leia... and I am a perfectionist... Then the persons dressed as such better be dead ringers for Fisher and Hammill. I sometimes see slightly overweighth Leia's etc Sad
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 10:45:31 PM by Stephen Strange » Logged

¶█╬╬╬╬╬╬(o)█|{███████████████████████████████████████)

Dark War Glaive (BR, Dark Catalyst Pommel)
Guardian (GB, Dark War Glaive Pommel)
Bellicose (CG, Bronze)

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2012, 11:24:16 PM »

I really think this whole thread has struck gold. Especially with the "reality" factor for appearance. Practicality versus Flashy and Canon.
Almost gives it a StarWars 1313 vibe. haha

Bingo.

I also like the Wrist Rocket idea. I loved those in Battlefront. Wouldn't mind a static or Nerf version myself.

Stephen has it DOWN on the Jedi dress code. For what the Legion does, their standards are good, but what we're talking about is directed towards the level of fan who would have a picture in their head of an extrapolated star wars galaxy, not just what we saw, but what was referenced and implied. To take the styles one step further, to fit, but be unique where it would be in reality. Smiley

Now, on saber fighting... that's a tricky thing for us. Insurance for events would come into play there, I think, and a BIG point I'd like us to cover is that we shouldn't center this on saber enthusiasts. We're talking costumes, right? If we center it on sabers, we start to exclude our gunslingers, droids, troopers, outlaws, civilians, and everyone who doesn't slice and dice. What I love about this idea is the fact that it's open to a wide range of costumes that don't fit in the legions, and I don't want to narrow that down too much. Maybe slightly, so we don't get an army of MLP Centaur Troopers or something outlandish (no offense to MLP fans), but as previously stated to still allow anything In Universe plausible. Wink

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Nhylus
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 48

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2012, 01:20:38 AM »

Bingo.

I also like the Wrist Rocket idea. I loved those in Battlefront. Wouldn't mind a static or Nerf version myself.

Stephen has it DOWN on the Jedi dress code. For what the Legion does, their standards are good, but what we're talking about is directed towards the level of fan who would have a picture in their head of an extrapolated star wars galaxy, not just what we saw, but what was referenced and implied. To take the styles one step further, to fit, but be unique where it would be in reality. Smiley

Now, on saber fighting... that's a tricky thing for us. Insurance for events would come into play there, I think, and a BIG point I'd like us to cover is that we shouldn't center this on saber enthusiasts. We're talking costumes, right? If we center it on sabers, we start to exclude our gunslingers, droids, troopers, outlaws, civilians, and everyone who doesn't slice and dice. What I love about this idea is the fact that it's open to a wide range of costumes that don't fit in the legions, and I don't want to narrow that down too much. Maybe slightly, so we don't get an army of MLP Centaur Troopers or something outlandish (no offense to MLP fans), but as previously stated to still allow anything In Universe plausible. Wink

As far as anything with insurance and saber fighting. Im sure for anyone who wants to do saber combat/training would be willing to agree to sign a waiver for injuries during an event or charity fundraiser. And if the fight is choreographed, the more and more you practice, the chance of injury greatly goes down

I do appreciate lightside points haha.

Akos_Amun
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 129

I am the Hidden One, the White Falcon

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2012, 02:04:41 AM »

I do like the openness of the group, I too would like to see it stay that way, and watch as people make certain changes to tradition. I don't want to let it get to jeans and t-shirt costumes, that doesn't really seem very Star Wars-y. I REALLY don't like the idea of cut off shorts and wife-beaters. Let's not go to that level of laziness in costume design.

I like a lot of the unconventional costumes I have seen on this forum, especially of the grey jedi. I think a group like ours will truly open the door to every Star Wars fan and not only the most elite. I think that Darth Nekesus makes a good observation. We are spread out so could have "chapters" or whatever they end up being called. And Big Andy brings up something that made me think that we could have certain parts of the group, a sort of sub group, that has specialized skills and puts on performances. I know that is a way off, and more importantly is how to build the beginnings of the group.

We should think about the vision at some point as well. What the goal of this group will be. Just keep that in mind.
some name ideas: (eventually we could have a poll or something, to decide a name that embodies the purpose of the group)
Operation Alliance
Unified Association of Force Followers
The Force Aligned
Unified Force
Galactic Allegiance
Galactic Alliance
Friends of the Force

[‾๐‾‾]▦[ooo]▦ị[]ị /RGB Prophecy CE
[))___(___o)_|:)):]GB Liberator V2
((__((>_o_)>(_(_(_(_|_)_)_)_)<(_o_<))__))BR Phantom LE V3
[=[[[[[[[_(_o_( (o(( (\∟[PO][VA][DVA][SRD][SY] Bellicose*
[_(_(_(_(_[_o_]((([__]GB Aeon LE
( ]>|:|:|<( o )|]:[||GB Monarch CE*
*sound
http://chancesofrain.blogspot.c

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2012, 02:19:21 AM »

Heh, my costume was going to include jeans, though I'd have the Jedi boots and a top that looks SWish(or a light hoodie), and maybe a cloak.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Nekesus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -164

Resident Zabrak and LoL addict.

« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2012, 02:25:59 AM »

How about black jeans. 

How about galactic alliance of the force.

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge"
-Darth Maul-

DVA and CG Phantom V3 LE
Custom Painted SRD Aeon V2
Overlord with Obsidian and Emerald

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2012, 03:02:55 AM »

As long as you don't frown on the idea of a Jedi with a Rocket Launcher, I'm down.

Hey, what about The Potentium, after a radical group that was expelled from the Jedi circa 132 BBY?

Ooh I like it!  It fits with the idea that both darksiders and lightsiders would be welcome (since followers of the Potentium didn't believe there were two sides to the Force anyway).

And a Jedi with a rocket launcher sounds positively awesome... I know I'd like to have you on my side!

Akos_Amun
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 129

I am the Hidden One, the White Falcon

« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2012, 03:17:03 AM »

I like the sound of The Potentium. I don't know if people would understand what it is just by the name. Perhaps: The Potentium Brotherhood, or The Order of Potentium.

[‾๐‾‾]▦[ooo]▦ị[]ị /RGB Prophecy CE
[))___(___o)_|:)):]GB Liberator V2
((__((>_o_)>(_(_(_(_|_)_)_)_)<(_o_<))__))BR Phantom LE V3
[=[[[[[[[_(_o_( (o(( (\∟[PO][VA][DVA][SRD][SY] Bellicose*
[_(_(_(_(_[_o_]((([__]GB Aeon LE
( ]>|:|:|<( o )|]:[||GB Monarch CE*
*sound
http://chancesofrain.blogspot.c

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2012, 03:17:36 AM »

I do like the openness of the group, I too would like to see it stay that way, and watch as people make certain changes to tradition. I don't want to let it get to jeans and t-shirt costumes, that doesn't really seem very Star Wars-y. I REALLY don't like the idea of cut off shorts and wife-beaters. Let's not go to that level of laziness in costume design.

I like a lot of the unconventional costumes I have seen on this forum, especially of the grey jedi. I think a group like ours will truly open the door to every Star Wars fan and not only the most elite. I think that Darth Nekesus makes a good observation. We are spread out so could have "chapters" or whatever they end up being called. And Big Andy brings up something that made me think that we could have certain parts of the group, a sort of sub group, that has specialized skills and puts on performances. I know that is a way off, and more importantly is how to build the beginnings of the group.

We should think about the vision at some point as well. What the goal of this group will be. Just keep that in mind.
some name ideas: (eventually we could have a poll or something, to decide a name that embodies the purpose of the group)
Operation Alliance
Unified Association of Force Followers
The Force Aligned
Unified Force
Galactic Allegiance
Galactic Alliance
Friends of the Force

I agree. That setup sounds perfect.

I also would suggest instead of the event participation requirements of the legions we just organize monthly meetups once local groups get big enough. I'd love to do costume meetups for an hour or two on Sunday afternoons or something. And as a base requirement I'd say no t shirts and no blue jeans. Preferably no jeans at all, but that's just me. Smiley

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Remy Lost
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 8

Being Lost is no excuse not to Plunder as you go

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2012, 04:09:30 AM »

I don't see what is wrong with jeans if the costume calls for it.  Not all smugglers are gonna wear slacks with stripes down the side.  I know slacks are just as easy to get as jeans but I wanna see a mechanic in a coverall as well.  Its a galaxy comprised of every walk of life.  What about the member of the swoop gang that is your jedi's rival.  I feel you would have to treat this more like an RPG.  Applicants would need a written backstory explaining who he is why he looks the way he does.  From there I think you could assign minimum class designators.  This way if you can dream it, you can be it.   

Dominix V2 LE Adegan Silver

You can rent the use of my skills but my loyalty can only be earned.

Darth Severus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -141

« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2012, 04:14:08 AM »

I don't see what is wrong with jeans if the costume calls for it.  Not all smugglers are gonna wear slacks with stripes down the side.  I know slacks are just as easy to get as jeans but I wanna see a mechanic in a coverall as well.  Its a galaxy comprised of every walk of life.  What about the member of the swoop gang that is your jedi's rival.  I feel you would have to treat this more like an RPG.  Applicants would need a written backstory explaining who he is why he looks the way he does.  From there I think you could assign minimum class designators.  This way if you can dream it, you can be it.   

My only objection to this is, did we ever see any one with jeans in any of the movies, any of the EU comics or cartoons. Jeans just don't seem to exist in star wars. Everyone seemed to be in some form a slacks, or leather. I guess Fett had some cargo looking pants so you could stretch that into jeans, maybe.

It is not the side of the force we chose, but our actions that define us.
Dark Liberator-AS
Phantasm Staff -DVA

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: