Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: How do you install New sound fonts on UltraProffie Lite?  (Read 700 times)
Duke13Zander
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 11

Sentinel Survivor

« on: October 13, 2023, 01:50:31 AM »

Does anyone know how to install new sound fonts on the UltraProffie Lite board? I've had my UltraProffie saber for about a month now and I decided to try to download a new sound font from SaberFont (Temple Guard for Proffie by JuanSith). I was able to download sound font and put the folder onto the microSD card; however, it doesn't show up when I go into the UltraProffie Launcher. I went back and "Extracted" the files from the compressed zip folder, and made sure to boot the card in the chassis (like it says in the YT video about "how to set up presets") but I still can't get the file to appear on the Launcher. I'm not sure if its a compatibility problem with the sound font I ordered, or if I'm making a mistake when trying to download it (I've never successfully installed a new sound font on any of my sabers before). Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

P.S. If I were to accidentally delete one of the pre-installed files on the UltraProffie board (like the "tracks" folder, for example...) how would I restore or re-download those files?

Crimson Fallen [combat ready] (UltraProffie/Pixel Blade) "Redhead"
Brylark (TRI-Consular Green) "Willow"
Phantom Initiate LE v4 (Sentinel Yellow) "Sun & Moon"
Standard Issue Battle Saber (Consular Green)
Dark Apprentice LE v5 (Guardian Blue)

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1559

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2023, 02:11:31 PM »

Hi there Duke,

Sorry late responding but I've been out of town and just got back. One suggestion I would make is to check that the Temple Guard font is configured the same way as one of the default fonts on the board. I'm not sure what the file/folder structure layout is but make sure that the Ignitions sounds are in the Ignitions folder and clashes are in their folder etc and that the structure matches an original font.
I don't know if the board can self extract a font from a zipfile (though I think you have tried a zipped and an unpacked font).

But once you have installed a font onto the SD you have to set up a new preset that uses that font (in the video Frederick sets up a Preset named "ROBO" then assigns the "Robofont" as the sound).

Basically I think you need to backtrack and work through how you installed the TG font and do the checks I suggested to make sure the folder's names/files match an existing folder structure. If that doesn't work maybe you could contact Ultrasabers by email using [email protected].  Hopefully they can assist you better.

Ultrasabers do have some fonts available for download on their website but I think they are the older Obsidian sound packages (so may not have the Tracks included) but you can check the packs out at : https://ultrasabers.com/obsidian-sound-fonts/

Hope this helps (but I don't have a ProffieLite - Sad and the process to add stuff does seem slightly more involved).

"They are older Obsidian fonts my Lord but they do check out...should I let them pass?" Grin

Duke13Zander
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 11

Sentinel Survivor

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2023, 03:21:15 AM »

Thank you for the advice FT. I was able to get the TG sound font to appear on the board, but something weird happened when I put it back into my lightsaber. The lightsaber has a new preset to choose; however, it has duplicated the selection name and effect sounds of the "Father and Son" font. I know this is supposed to be the Temple Guard font, because the color of the "new" font is set to yellow whereas the original "Father and Son" is set to green.
While I haven't been able to get the sound font to work properly, I was able to get the quotes from "Temple Guard" package to work by placing them in the "tracks" folder. The main reason I bought the sound font was for the quotes, so I am happy I got those to work. But there are several other sound fonts I would like to purchase, and not just to have more quotes (like the sound of Thor's hammer [Mjolnir] in the Marvel movies). So I need to figure out how to get this font to work before I try to buy other sound fonts that may or may not work on my UltraProffie Lite. I'll probably email Ultrasabers like you suggested FT and see if they have any more tips. But if anyone else has any solutions, feel free to post them here (for me or any other saber wielder who comes across this problem.)

Crimson Fallen [combat ready] (UltraProffie/Pixel Blade) "Redhead"
Brylark (TRI-Consular Green) "Willow"
Phantom Initiate LE v4 (Sentinel Yellow) "Sun & Moon"
Standard Issue Battle Saber (Consular Green)
Dark Apprentice LE v5 (Guardian Blue)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: