Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Possible to convert an Anakin FFX Saber...  (Read 929 times)
Saberman5000
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« on: February 08, 2012, 10:02:47 PM »

Just wondering if it would be possible to convert an Anakin force FX lightsaber to use an Obsidian Sound Board? I really love this saber but it would be so much cooler with it! What do you guys think?

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 01:54:05 AM »

Technically the answer to your question is "yes", you could theoretically install an Obsidian soundboard in an Anakin Force FX.  However, the question of whether or not Ultrasabers is willing to do it is another matter... you see it's really quite a bit of work trying to install the Obsidian into a hilt like that, Ultra had to do it with my Luke ROTJ FFX and it seemed like a real pain.

You'd have to ask Ultra about that really, he's pretty much responsible for any of the custom work done here.  He's quite busy at the moment, so don't be surprised if he doesn't respond quickly or isn't able to help you in this regard.

Best of luck!

Saberman5000
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 03:29:18 PM »

Not really needing to have this done as I don't have a Anakin Episode III saber available but was wondering because if I could get my hands on an empty hilt or a cheap auction on ebay. I had this saber at one time and it is a way better hilt than the Luke saber. Seemed longer and heavier. I'm not a big fan of the Hasbro Sabers they seem to lack a quality that MR had. Thanks for the response though!

DarthCooper88
11th Disciple of Masamune
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -248

Old-world crafstman, Sabersmith

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 02:24:20 AM »

Actually just about any of the MR sabers can run just about any board or battery combo you can come up with. I had a maul hilt I got rid of on ebay, very well made & machined, came close to installing a PC1.5 in it. Then I thought nawww better suited for one of my custom handbuilts.

"You have been forged in fire, tempered in blood & come out steel" Brave Rifles! 3rd Armored Cavalr

The_Night
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -38

"If it's not fun, you're not doing it right"

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2012, 04:00:19 AM »

the FFX are actually pretty easy to put whatever you want in. I'm doing a ROTS anakin that i'm putting a CF into (my first CF saber) that i've put quite a bit of work into. lol. heres one tip on ffx conversions though, the ID (inner diameter) is a perfect fit for 1 inch PVC pipe, so you get an easy chasis for it. (if the board you decide to use needs one. if not you can use it to hold the speaker snug so the mount doesn't rattle around inside.)

*edit: it may be 1.25 inch PVC. my brain is drawing a blank as to wich atm
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 04:04:07 AM by The_Night » Logged

Vintage Graflex ANH
Vintage Graflex ESB
Custom Hero LS6- PCU
JQ Quinlan Vos- PCU
MR Maul Staff- P4 Reds
MR Vader ESB FX
UFX Vader ANH- Lux3 Red
Larbel Obi TPM- CF v5.1
Parks Obi ANH

Pages: [1]   Go Up