Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Options  (Read 1347 times)
Performancenut
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: November 21, 2011, 08:00:17 PM »

I was thinking of adding a Obsidian soundboard to my current saber. I have a technical background so doing a little electronic work doesnt worry me (though I'm hoping instructions will come with the soundboard on how to connect it up to my current saber  Smiley ). What I'm curious about is whether the flash on clash is an option I can do on my own? From what I have read, to do the flash on clash on my own would require changing out the optic as well as my battery pack (pretty much necessary for sound anyways). So, basically only things that I will retain are the blade, the power switch, and the body.

Also, I guess this is a rather noob question but do you use two soundboards on a dual saber setup? I'm not sure if one soundboard is sufficient to drive both sides if you were to run wire both ways.

Dark side points, if you are so inclined.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 08:10:56 PM »

Well for the flash on clash, I'm pretty sure you can do it on your own... especially if you have experience in electronics as you said.  There are some wiring guides here that can help you with the regular Obsidian board, although since these new boards just came out I'm not sure if there is too much to help you with that (Ultra can probably help you though).  The flash effect is done by utilizing a special RGB led, I'm not sure which kind.  This allows for the other flash color.

For a dual saber setup, I would say you use two soundboards.  I'm not sure if you could run them off of one board, but I would recommend two so that you can detach them and use them separately.

Hope that helps.

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 09:50:09 PM »

And so the staff would be more balanced.

=====================================================================
Zartom   Socerer (Healer)                             Qui-Tom  Sage (Healer)
Trenok   Bounty Hunter (Powertech)               Vartom   Knight (Sentinel)
=====================================================================

Performancenut
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 05:20:32 PM »

One reason I discounted the use of one soundboard is because of the two blades. When one "clashes", they both will blink which will look weird. I thought of a couple of ideas that may help this but it will require more modifications and I am unsure of the design of the soundboard (not quality wise but more along the lines of what it can handle). I seriously doubt the room inside my Initiates can support this unless I dedicate them for this purpose.

I really like the whole idea of the FoC and sound, really adds to the "moment". Most likely I'll order my next blade with all of this in it and leave the current blades for another project. Thanks for the feedback though, I appreciate it.

Dark side points, if you are so inclined.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: