Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 915   Go Down
Author Topic: (im)Patiently waiting for my new _______!!!  (Read 2151506 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #4200 on: November 10, 2015, 05:15:10 PM »

DOH! Well, thats at least one person I need to try and beat to order! hehe.. I'll be ordering for my son as soon as it's back in stock with some sort of discount.. hoping for some kind of black friday...

Hey. We have a new Commander in our midst.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #4201 on: November 10, 2015, 07:29:18 PM »

Welcome Commander dasweallycool Cheesy Enjoy your new rank!

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #4202 on: November 11, 2015, 12:00:41 AM »

@%&^@%^@!$^%&@#%^!!!

The package arrived a day early, while I was out.   Sad

So, I've requested it be held at a FedEx facility and I'll pick it up tomorrow.

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #4203 on: November 11, 2015, 02:36:36 AM »

^ Well a day early IS awesomeness, but I get how the unexpectedness can throw you off. Pumped to see pics.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

luminousbeing
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 32

« Reply #4204 on: November 11, 2015, 09:35:04 PM »

Yea . . . it can get confusing . . . Here in Melbourne we're 17 hours ahead of PST (usually 18 hours but we have daylight saving at the moment), so right now its about 2:20pm tomorrow here your time and you are 9:20pm yesterday my time (I think), hehe  Tongue

FedEx usually arrive mid afternoon here . . . so in the next hour or so  Smiley

Aaaannnnddd . . . you know I've got midnight tix for TFA . . . . sooo, technically I'll be watching it 17 hours before you guys that have midnight tix over there  Tongue  . . .

Ordered an Aeon v4 with Windows in Sunrider's Destiny on Sunday. Wondering how long it will take to get to Melbourne. Maybe you can help JediXIX?

Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #4205 on: November 11, 2015, 09:37:26 PM »

Friday

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

luminousbeing
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #4206 on: November 11, 2015, 09:51:27 PM »

Friday

Haven't received a shipping notification though. Does it usually take this long between ordering and the Saber being shipped?

Haven't been this excited to purchase something in such a long time  Grin

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #4207 on: November 11, 2015, 10:15:30 PM »

Haven't received a shipping notification though. Does it usually take this long between ordering and the Saber being shipped?

Haven't been this excited to purchase something in such a long time  Grin

Yeah I just pulled day out of the void.

It usually doesn't. And an Aeon is a simple saber. But ever since they've been hitting their con circuit, things have been running a bit slow.

Sig by For Tyeth

luminousbeing
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #4208 on: November 11, 2015, 10:45:57 PM »

Yeah I just pulled day out of the void.

It usually doesn't. And an Aeon is a simple saber. But ever since they've been hitting their con circuit, things have been running a bit slow.

All sweet, Emory just got back to me Smiley

So excited that I actually bought the leather that I'll be using to customize on the hilt yesterday

shade_1313
Knight Commander

« Reply #4209 on: November 12, 2015, 06:13:50 AM »

The Dark Menace staff is absolutely awesome.  Just needed to make the adjustments to the coupler to line everything up, and tweak the color to match my first DM saber (the new one had about twice the red LED in its mix, making it a more pale purple, and I liked it enough to save the settings to a file for later use).  Now, I've got some studying to do before I go to bed, but tomorrow I'll get some pics of it and post them up.

Also, I got one of the new circle style blade plugs, and tried it on my EG Dark Apprentice V4 LE with Consular pommel, and it was exactly the capstone that a prop saber to hang from your belt needs.  It looks perfect in the socket, whether lit up or powered down.  So perfect a finishing touch.

shade_1313
Knight Commander

« Reply #4210 on: November 12, 2015, 07:47:16 PM »

As promised:

KraytDragonPearl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 609

Light Side Points

« Reply #4211 on: November 13, 2015, 12:48:19 AM »

Shade,

Its BEAUTIFUL!  That Staff looks amazing.   Shocked  I think you made a great choice in putting those two colors together.  +1 for that beauty. 
....I don't know what else to say. 

Thank you for sharing.

KDP

Own: Lost Gray, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Fulcrum, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Nickel-plated Guardian, (Emerald), Obsidian V3; Arbiter, Obsidian V3, GB; Archon V3 Tri-C FO Obsidian V4; Manticore, Obsidian V3, VA; Phantasm V4, BH; Dark Sentinel, BR; Dominix V2, RGB; Dark Initiate V2 x3 (BR, CG, GB); Initiate LE V2 x2, CG.

Want: Bellicose, Prophecy V3

shade_1313
Knight Commander

« Reply #4212 on: November 13, 2015, 04:23:24 AM »

Shade,

Its BEAUTIFUL!  That Staff looks amazing.   Shocked  I think you made a great choice in putting those two colors together.  +1 for that beauty. 
....I don't know what else to say. 

Thank you for sharing.

KDP

Thank you.  I'm very well pleased with it, and put some of my other impressions of it, as my first US saber staff, in the "Show off your staff" thread in the gallery forum.

Moahdiche
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -27

Devil by the Deed

« Reply #4213 on: November 14, 2015, 01:51:54 PM »

I just ordered my first saber with sound! I was sorely tempted by the Consular, being it's on sale and has TONS of options, but I just couldn't leave my gut feeling for the Dark Warglaive.

So I ordered it finally! Tri Cree red, v4 sound, quick disconnect, and an extra Manticore emitter. This will give me 2 emitters and 4 pommels to play around with, and when I want to build a light side saber I just need to get another MLS.

I already cannot wait....

Through Passion, I gain Strength.

Antron007
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 35

Give light or dark points and let the force decide

« Reply #4214 on: November 15, 2015, 09:01:54 AM »

I'm now waiting for:
Stunt-Archon v3 - (Luke, I am your saber. Well, pretty darn close.)
[Blade LED Color:Consular Green] - (ROTJ holds a special place in my heart due to a child hood experience)
[Battery Configuration:Li-Ion Setup with BuckPuck (Batteries Included *ONLY*)] - (I already have a charger)
[Recharge Port:No Recharge Port] - (I'll eventually add these myself)
[Archon v3 Blade Type:Heavy Grade for Archon v3] - (I have a heavy UE already so I figured I'd get the silver blade this time)
[Blade Length:36" Standard Size]
[Pommel Version:Classic Version] - (ROTJ all the way)
[Quick Disconnect:Sure, Add Them!] - (Just makes sense to me)
[Blade Tip:POINTED TIP] - (Do you get the point?)
[Include Retention Screw Wrench:No Thanks] - (Have them as well)
[Include Blade Plug:Yes, Include Standard Plug] - (Got the circle last time but really like the look of the standard. Mostly getting this for my other saber)
[Include Saber Stand:No Thanks] - (I like to hang mine)
[Include Covertec Clip:No Thanks] - (Got one xD)
[Install Covertec Wheel:No Thanks] - (I'll do this myself if I feel it is necessary)  

My advise to first time buyers, Don't skimp out. I got my DILEV4 (sheesh even the abbreviation is long) with Emerald and V4 Obsidian and I basically bought it for the electronics so I pretty much stuck to one of the cheapest hilts to keep costs down. I almost wish I would have just got the Archon as Emerald w/ Sound instead. I now know I really wanted and fully MHS hilt/body for mixing and matching 1 saber as opposed to owning a bunch of them. It would have been about an extra $100, but I just spent $200 so I didn't really save. Plus once you start adding to a saber purchase VS piecing it out the savings make it hard to know what it will cost if you go to buy it separate later. Its sort of financially in your interest to let them do the work than it is to buy the parts and do it yourself.

It's not a complaint and I'm very happy with my first purchase. I knew when I made it I was going to eventually get another saber and swap the guts. But, had my saber not been so awesome (holding it just leaves such an impression on me) I probably could have waited but now that I've gotten my hands on one and know how they feel combined with the fact that I like to tinker has lead me to jump on this and get the ball rolling at least. Switching the electronics will give me a project and a sense of what it's like to build a saber. It will be cool to have 2 sabers though and I'm looking forward to the electronics transplant. I did go ahead and get the Li-Ion setup because even though these guts are going to end up in my "spare" saber I do want to add sound to it at some point. Another reason I went with quick disconnect.

I'm going to need to order a 12mm AV or drill the hole out for the transplant. Once the transplant is complete I'm going to pick up another emitter and keep the AV3 emitter for show. I believe it will hold the blade secure but I like the security blanket of a deep blade socket.

So, what are you all doing this winter? Any good movies coming out?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 09:27:16 AM by Antron007 » Logged

Sabers I own: Customized Archon V3* (Emerald w/ v4 Sound), Ordered with PYO, Currently set to GB; Customized Dark Initiate LE v4 (Stunt) CG; Apprentice V4 (Grab Bag w/ li-ion) BR; Graflex SE (Emerald w/ v4 Sound), Ordered with GB, Currently set to GB; Menace SE* (DIY); TBD;

*Hilts I swap the electronics between.

Sabers/Hilts I want: Guardian, Chosen One SE, Consular, Dark Omen, the rest of them in no particular order.

"If you don't see me somewhere out there in the Galaxy slaying some form of evil, it's because I'm sneaking up on you right now." - Antron Mok

Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 915   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: