Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302] 303 304 ... 915   Go Down
Author Topic: (im)Patiently waiting for my new _______!!!  (Read 2142664 times)
Nick8007
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -25

« Reply #4515 on: January 09, 2016, 03:19:13 PM »

Dark Apprentice v4 with Obsidian Lite Sound[Blade LED Color:Blazing Red][Flash on Clash:No Flash][Obsidian Lite Battery Configuration:Standard Setup][Blade Option:Mid Grade][Blade Size:Standard 32" Blade][Windows:Yes Include Windows in Emitter][Obsidian Lite Sound:Obsidian Lite Soundboard][Pommel:Scorpion Pommel][Switch Type (Momentary):Red Illuminated Black AV Switch][Blade Tip:Round Tip][Include Retention Screw Wrench:Sure!][Include Blade Plug:Yes, Include Standard Plug][Include Saber Stand:Yes, Small Saber Stand][Include Covertec Clip:No Thanks][Install Covertec Wheel:Yes ($10 install + $4 covertec)]

Dark side points appreciated

JediGato
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 5

« Reply #4516 on: January 09, 2016, 03:23:57 PM »

Your comment made me go check my own order and sure enough, I had the same.

Order Status : Ready To Ship

Not sure what to make of this other than not to expect it to take the full 4 weeks the in stock saber page told me at the time of order.

Initiate V3 Obsidian Sound Light - FOC - Illuminated AV Switch - Coming Home Soon (1/2/16 Born Date)

Hook Yoda up with some Light Points.

dlt
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 4

« Reply #4517 on: January 09, 2016, 04:09:49 PM »

Newbie here, ordered a Guardian about 10 days ago and looking forward to when it arrives - my first saber ever.

I ordered mine with one with a non-illuminated silver AV switch but having watched a number of video reviews, I am now having second thoughts on whether I should go with an illuminated black or silver switch in blue or red.

I know this is purely cosmetic but honestly this feature has caused me the most anxiety and just when I thought I had it all figured out, I am apparently still undecided!!  Please help!!

Minor side note - the allen wrench: I ordered my saber without the allen wrench as I have a few of these kicking around the tool box but is it worth getting the one from US?  I thought I heard some people comment that they can't use their existing allen wrenches to fit the head of the screw and I won't know my situation until my saber arrives.  If I do make a change with the AV switch I may grab the wrench otherwise I'll take my chances with what I've got on hand. 

Nick8007
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -25

« Reply #4518 on: January 09, 2016, 04:25:05 PM »

It's just essentially an allen key to remove the blade, not necessary if you have one that size, but for $1, it was worth it to me to just have it, so I don't have to go digging through the tool box. As far as the illuminated switch, it's just a cherry on top. Not necessary, the upside of NOT having one is that you'll have a longer battery life.

Dark side points appreciated

Galactigus
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -1

You Don't Know The Power Of The Dark Side.

« Reply #4519 on: January 09, 2016, 05:48:57 PM »

Ya you had pretty good timing there just before the new movie came out and before Christmas where they probably had a bit of a break. I ordered on Christmas day so I expected it to be the 3-4 weeks processing time but am glad it was shipped out in exactly 2 weeks time. Can't wait till it arrives.

Spades
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 62

My spirit guide is the Cheshire Cat

« Reply #4520 on: January 09, 2016, 06:46:53 PM »

Newbie here, ordered a Guardian about 10 days ago and looking forward to when it arrives - my first saber ever.

I ordered mine with one with a non-illuminated silver AV switch but having watched a number of video reviews, I am now having second thoughts on whether I should go with an illuminated black or silver switch in blue or red.

I know this is purely cosmetic but honestly this feature has caused me the most anxiety and just when I thought I had it all figured out, I am apparently still undecided!!  Please help!!

Minor side note - the allen wrench: I ordered my saber without the allen wrench as I have a few of these kicking around the tool box but is it worth getting the one from US?  I thought I heard some people comment that they can't use their existing allen wrenches to fit the head of the screw and I won't know my situation until my saber arrives.  If I do make a change with the AV switch I may grab the wrench otherwise I'll take my chances with what I've got on hand. 

get the wrench with one saber order, that way you will not have to break up your existing set. its only a dollar. 

FOR EVERYONE ELSE :

Please note that in the United States there are two types of measurements when you deal with wrenches and hex keys.  Metric and Standard. The difference is microns. but it is enough to slip and strip your screws, nuts and bolts. Please keep this in mind.  When you insert a wrench or screwdriver or whatever, the fit should be snug with NO play.  it should not wiggle or shift at all prior to gripping.

your wrench either fits it, or doesn't

Dark Initiate v4 (4 channel Emerald w/ Obsidian v4)

Signature Made By: DarthScrub

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #4521 on: January 09, 2016, 07:20:57 PM »

Sweet!  Shipping notice!

Now, before anyone gets worked up over how fast mine shipped (just ordered yesterday), bear in mind that I ordered an empty saber and a yari extension.  Still, interesting to see that they're working the weekends to try to get caught up with the tidal wave of ep. VII inspired orders.

So, I'm getting a neat pommel, an awesome hilt to do a custom build on, a crossguard piece that I have no idea what I'll do with, two side emitters that will make for great extensions for hilts that I want to add some length to, various other connecting bits that can be used to dress up hilts, and three blade holders that will get circle blade plugs installed so I can easily configure my current Flamberge for belt carry or even just to use without the side blades "ignited".  Tons of useful parts on that empty Flamberge.

Also, a Yari extension for a future project, and a blade with it to work out the intricacies of cutting blades to custom length.

Not as exciting an order as a whole new saber (and believe me, I'm looking forward to my next big order, which will be an RGBA Emerald Scorpion), but lots of neat bits to play with.

LiquidElectron
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 13

I must learn patience. (Light)

« Reply #4522 on: January 09, 2016, 07:39:19 PM »

Well I went and did it.  Ordered my first saber, and I might have overdone it a little (is there such a thing?)

The Guardian with Sound (Emerald)
[Blade LED Color:Guardian Blue for Emerald]
[Emerald Driver Configuration:4 Channel Emerald Driver - RGBW LED]
[Flash on Clash:Flash Silver for Emerald]
[Pulse Mode:Pulse Off]
[Battery Configuration:Li-Ion Setup for Emerald (Batteries & VP1 Charger Included)]
[Recharge Port:No Recharge Port]
[Blade Length:36" Standard Size]
[Blade Option:UltraEdge]
[Sound:Yes, Install Obsidian USB V4 Sound! [V4]]
[Switch Type (Momentary):Black GUARDED Switch]
[AV Switch Channel:Channel 4 (Dedicated to AV Switch) [Recommended]]
[Shroud Finish:Standard Finish]
[Blade Tip:Round Tip]
[Include Retention Screw Wrench:Sure!]
[Include Blade Plug:Yes, Include Standard Plug]
[Include Saber Stand:No Thanks]
[Include MINI USB Cable:Yes]
[Include Covertec Clip:No Thanks] 

Thought about the silver A/V switch but reading about the (very few) issues people are having with them, I'm fine with the default black guarded one.  No one will be looking at the power button, anyway Smiley  An Emerald Guardian for my first saber!  It only cost half of my current bank balance! Smiley

Guardian v4 - Emerald/Obsidian v4 - Arrived 1/22/16

shade_1313
Knight Commander

« Reply #4523 on: January 09, 2016, 07:43:51 PM »

Thought about the silver A/V switch but reading about the (very few) issues people are having with them, I'm fine with the default black guarded one. 

What issues?

KentuckyHouse
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -6

« Reply #4524 on: January 09, 2016, 07:44:15 PM »

Well I went and did it.  Ordered my first saber, and I might have overdone it a little (is there such a thing?)

The Guardian with Sound (Emerald)
[Blade LED Color:Guardian Blue for Emerald]
[Emerald Driver Configuration:4 Channel Emerald Driver - RGBW LED]
[Flash on Clash:Flash Silver for Emerald]
[Pulse Mode:Pulse Off]
[Battery Configuration:Li-Ion Setup for Emerald (Batteries & VP1 Charger Included)]
[Recharge Port:No Recharge Port]
[Blade Length:36" Standard Size]
[Blade Option:UltraEdge]
[Sound:Yes, Install Obsidian USB V4 Sound! [V4]]
[Switch Type (Momentary):Black GUARDED Switch]
[AV Switch Channel:Channel 4 (Dedicated to AV Switch) [Recommended]]
[Shroud Finish:Standard Finish]
[Blade Tip:Round Tip]
[Include Retention Screw Wrench:Sure!]
[Include Blade Plug:Yes, Include Standard Plug]
[Include Saber Stand:No Thanks]
[Include MINI USB Cable:Yes]
[Include Covertec Clip:No Thanks] 

Thought about the silver A/V switch but reading about the (very few) issues people are having with them, I'm fine with the default black guarded one.  No one will be looking at the power button, anyway Smiley  An Emerald Guardian for my first saber!  It only cost half of my current bank balance! Smiley

Nice! Congrats! I'm planning to go with the Archon v2.1 when it comes back in stock and I'll be doing the full treatment like you did (Emerald/Obsidian v4/etc). The one thing I'm on the fence about is the illuminated AV switch. I keep going back and forth between getting it or going for the non-illuminated version instead.

Can anyone explain if there's a benefit to going with a non-illuminated AV switch on an Emerald saber? By having that 4th channel available to the blade, what options does that open up for the blade colors (if any)?

Dark Sentinel LEv4
Archon v2.1

LiquidElectron
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #4525 on: January 09, 2016, 07:45:10 PM »

What issues?

I guess a couple people have either a really sensitive silver switch or a really non-responsive one.  Was seeing that in the Technical (or Questions maybe) forums.

LiquidElectron
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #4526 on: January 09, 2016, 07:46:49 PM »

Nice! Congrats! I'm planning to go with the Archon v2.1 when it comes back in stock and I'll be doing the full treatment like you did (Emerald/Obsidian v4/etc). The one thing I'm on the fence about is the illuminated AV switch. I keep going back and forth between getting it or going for the non-illuminated version instead.

Can anyone explain if there's a benefit to going with a non-illuminated AV switch on an Emerald saber? By having that 4th channel available to the blade, what options does that open up for the blade colors (if any)?

Thanks!  I know that the illuminated switch takes the White LED out of the Emerald's RBGW so you have to fiddle a lot more with it to get lighter colors.  Which is fine, but I didn't really want an illuminated switch anyway Smiley

KentuckyHouse
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -6

« Reply #4527 on: January 09, 2016, 07:48:37 PM »

Thanks!  I know that the illuminated switch takes the White LED out of the Emerald's RBGW so you have to fiddle a lot more with it to get lighter colors.  Which is fine, but I didn't really want an illuminated switch anyway Smiley

Thank you. That's exactly what I wanted to know. I think I'll end up going with the non-illuminated switch so I've got all 4 channels dedicated to the blade color (which is more important to me anyway).

Dark Sentinel LEv4
Archon v2.1

LiquidElectron
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #4528 on: January 09, 2016, 07:50:08 PM »

Ditto!  The Emerald seems way too awesome for me to deprive it of White.  What a concept the Emerald driver is, btw.  (Any color I want? Yes please)

shade_1313
Knight Commander

« Reply #4529 on: January 09, 2016, 07:52:27 PM »

I set one of my Dark Menaces to full white LED for a bit, but couldn't help feeling like I was swinging around a fluorescent light tube.  Still handy to have, but my next Emerald saber will be RGBA, to give me more flexibility with the yellows and oranges.

Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302] 303 304 ... 915   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: