Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 509 510 [511] 512 513 ... 915   Go Down
Author Topic: (im)Patiently waiting for my new _______!!!  (Read 2151747 times)
Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #7650 on: March 02, 2017, 10:21:29 PM »

YES!!

Just got my shipping notice.  My EH should be here Monday. Grin
Oh the sweet sight of a shipping notification email in your inbox. Congrats! It's gonna be a long weekend  Grin

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

obliviondoll
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -21

« Reply #7651 on: March 03, 2017, 12:09:24 AM »

Mine's expected on Monday too... the joys of living on the wrong side of the world...

V^^^V
It's not about rage, it's about *emotion*. Happiness is the Dark side, and I will face you with a smile.

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #7652 on: March 03, 2017, 01:06:34 AM »

Got my empty Emperor's Hand.  Some ideas I had for the components aren't going to work,  it I do know how I'm going to build this up, with a Covertec and emitter swap.

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #7653 on: March 03, 2017, 03:06:59 AM »

YES!!

Just got my shipping notice.  My EH should be here Monday. Grin

Woo Hoo!

Got my empty Emperor's Hand.  Some ideas I had for the components aren't going to work,  it I do know how I'm going to build this up, with a Covertec and emitter swap.

Do I get to see this baby on your surgery/pool table? Smiley

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

shade_1313
Knight Commander

« Reply #7654 on: March 03, 2017, 03:42:30 AM »

Do I get to see this baby on your surgery/pool table? Smiley

Well, since my original idea isn't feasible (not to worry, I always had other plans if it couldn't be done, in fact I rather expected this), I can let you know what I was thinking.

My initial impulse was to look at the lower handle sleeve, and at the little ring sleeve near the emitter, and think to myself "Those would look awesome if they fit over a stripped down Graflex.  Damn, if this works I'll need another Graflex to put those on."  Alas, the Graflex hilt tube is a little bit bigger than the EH hilt tube.  Pity.  The lower grip sleeve has a stylistic resemblance to the longitudinal T-Track grips, but is lower profile, while the ring bit near the emitter aesthetically matches the sleeve that the activation box on the Graflex goes on, with the close spaced grooves.

As to what the Emperor's Hand IS...there are some complications to using the pieces.  Not that they are ruled out from use on another saber tube, but you have to be ready to drill and tap an absolute crapton of holes.  Yep, every one of those screws on those two shroud bits go all the way through the inner tube.  Note to self:  Pull all of those screws, one by one, and apply loctite, then reinstall.  This also means that you're going to have a bunch of extra holes in the inner hilt, if you want to use it after removing and repurposing those shroud bits.  I have some ideas there, but not just yet.

Anyway, the long and the short of it is that I expect that I'm going to simply swap out the emitter and build the empty up as a DIY that way.  I have a couple emitters I like, so I may end up doing this one as a DIY build with QDs, and I might get another in Emerald for other shenanigans later.

The emitter...has grown on me, a bit.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it just yet, though.  I'll find a use, though.

shade_1313
Knight Commander

« Reply #7655 on: March 03, 2017, 05:05:04 AM »

Aaaand, there I go, ordering stuff again.  Got to have stuff ready for summer projects, so I'm not stuck waiting for out of stock components until halfway through fall!

Wink

Empty Lost Gray (I'll strip it to component parts when I get it, and post a similar breakdown to the one I did on the Fulcrum), some grab bag blades, a 40" UEHG for my Warsaber (Project:  Chimera) and I tacked on a grab bag saber again, because that was enough for free shipping, so the grab bag saber was effectively extra cheap.

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #7656 on: March 03, 2017, 05:43:18 AM »

I didn't expect all those screws to go into the inner hilt like that which certainly limits the independent use of those parts.  But it does make for a crazy secure layered lower grip that's for sure.

I've thought about getting some graflex/windu grips from TCSS to possible swap for the EH stock emitter ones for a more tactile and lower pro look.  Haven't totally settled on getting the EH next but heavily leaning towards it - love so many elements of it.

Also, have dreamt about purchasing a stunt Lost Gray and an empty Dark Apprentice LE V4 - and using the Apprentice as the inner hilt.  Think it'd make for a very pretty stylistic change.  

Mounting it securely in the shroud would be simple and just swapping internals with the stunt LG would be a nice project - leaving the stock LG inner hilt to play with (no ideas with that yet).

Can't do both and likely would hit up an EH seeing as I already have and love my Tri-CG Lost Gray.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #7657 on: March 03, 2017, 06:54:39 AM »

I hate you ~¿~
Oh trust me.  This one was like pulling teeth.

Edit: I'm sorry.  I didn't mean to make reference to you recent bout of dental work.  That was completely unintentional. 

Pumped about this hilt though.  A bit nervous too. Wink

Can't wait to actually see it.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

shade_1313
Knight Commander

« Reply #7658 on: March 03, 2017, 10:11:47 PM »

Wow, shipping notice already!

Corwyn VonBeck
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -340

Grey Knight

« Reply #7659 on: March 04, 2017, 03:27:43 AM »

Congrats Rapine! Look forward to your pics!

MaskofMany
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -151

All your sabers are belong to us...

« Reply #7660 on: March 04, 2017, 04:06:06 AM »

Patiently waiting for...

My first grab bag saber.  Which will also be my first Sentinel Yellow saber.  It'll be the awesome.

Also still patiently waiting for a Flamberge v2 I ordered in OCTOBER, but alas...that's a tale I've told a time or three.  So as I wait for that I'll enjoy my random Sentinel Yellow saber of awesomeness. 

Dark Side Points Please Smiley

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -88

There is no Peace...only Victory

« Reply #7661 on: March 04, 2017, 04:22:36 AM »

Patiently waiting for...

My first grab bag saber.  Which will also be my first Sentinel Yellow saber.  It'll be the awesome.

Also still patiently waiting for a Flamberge v2 I ordered in OCTOBER, but alas...that's a tale I've told a time or three.  So as I wait for that I'll enjoy my random Sentinel Yellow saber of awesomeness. 

Are those backordered? Didn't think it could take so long 

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #7662 on: March 04, 2017, 04:24:39 AM »

Graflex 2.0 kit. Gonna throw some Ultrasabers electronics in that thing with Obsidian V4 and a TFA font.

shade_1313
Knight Commander

« Reply #7663 on: March 04, 2017, 04:24:48 AM »

Are those backordered? Didn't think it could take so long 

Yeah, the Flamberge V2s have been backordered for a good, long time.  I'm waiting for them to come back in stock, myself.

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #7664 on: March 04, 2017, 04:28:04 AM »

Yeah, the Flamberge V2s have been backordered for a good, long time.  I'm waiting for them to come back in stock, myself.

I was fortunate enough to get a flamberge off of eBay, though I'm selling it now because it's so slow for when I spar, and the 40" is so unfair lol. Eventually I want to get an all sentinel yellow crossguard with a silver hilt

They're definitely super fun though  Grin

Pages: 1 ... 509 510 [511] 512 513 ... 915   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: