Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 747 748 [749] 750 751 ... 915   Go Down
Author Topic: (im)Patiently waiting for my new _______!!!  (Read 2142635 times)
Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 223

Light side points preferred if I earn them....

« Reply #11220 on: June 24, 2020, 11:18:10 AM »

Little bit of information to pass along; assuming the order numbers are given chronologically in sequence and not just randomly assigned, there have been about 8,400 orders placed between thst first order i did on June 1 and the one i placed last night.

Yikes.

Doing the best I can with what I've got...

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
The Fallen - Tri-cree Silver
Initiate V2 - Guardian Blue
Apprentice V4 - Fire Orange
Apprentice LE V5 - Blazing Red
Shock - Consular Green
Frankensaber "Emerald Fury" - Consular Green w/ Silver flash
Emperor's Hand - Violet Amethyst w/ silver flash
The Guardian - Guardian Blue w/ silver flash

FAMILY SABERS:
Aeon LE v5 - Tri-cree Guardian Blue
Archon v2.1 - Tri-cree Consular Green
Savior - Violet Amethyst
Manticore - Tri-cree Blazing Red
Princess (golden) - Violet Amethyst

HesaHeart
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

Adapt.Improvise and Overcome

« Reply #11221 on: June 24, 2020, 11:28:34 AM »

Jedi_Phoenix what was first 2 numbers of your order ?? mine was 76 orderd on 5/8

( Light points when earned )

Various fan art and fiction
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?board=12.0

Own
 Dark Sentinel staff LE v4 - tri red

Wish list
Arbiter staff - blazing red-sound
Phantasm LE V4 staff - AS blade - stunt
Raven in staff setup - color ?? - stunt

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

« Reply #11222 on: June 24, 2020, 11:39:21 AM »

Jedi_Phoenix what was first 2 numbers of your order ?? mine was 76 orderd on 5/8

78 for that first one, 79 for this latest one.  Both numbers are 6 digits.

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
Shock - Consular Green

FAMILY SABERS:
Savior - Violet Amethyst

HesaHeart
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

Adapt.Improvise and Overcome

« Reply #11223 on: June 24, 2020, 11:48:22 AM »

78 for that first one, 79 for this latest one.  Both numbers are 6 digits.

aprox 30,000 between you last and my first so i dont think order numbers a sequential if they are that would be an insane number

( Light points when earned )

Various fan art and fiction
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?board=12.0

Own
 Dark Sentinel staff LE v4 - tri red

Wish list
Arbiter staff - blazing red-sound
Phantasm LE V4 staff - AS blade - stunt
Raven in staff setup - color ?? - stunt

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

« Reply #11224 on: June 24, 2020, 12:13:10 PM »

aprox 30,000 between you last and my first so i dont think order numbers a sequential if they are that would be an insane number

Yeah, that would be a bit much to handle.   It's probably some algorithm in the system that assigns the numbers.  Although I'm quite sure they've got an insane amount of orders to deal with anyways, LOL.

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
Shock - Consular Green

FAMILY SABERS:
Savior - Violet Amethyst

Galef
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 209

Light side preferred, Dark side accepted

« Reply #11225 on: June 24, 2020, 01:07:56 PM »

Yeah, that would be a bit much to handle.   It's probably some algorithm in the system that assigns the numbers.  Although I'm quite sure they've got an insane amount of orders to deal with anyways, LOL.
I've placed back to back orders before (to use RPs earned on the first to credit the second) and the order numbers right in sequence.
Just Monday I ordered my Crimson Scorpion with order number xxxxx8 and the Grab bag order right after with number xxxxx9

So unless US has an algorithm that "ticks" the number up after a certain time interval regardless of an actual order being made, I'm going to assume those 20-30 thousand differences do represent actual orders.

-

dogdoctor
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -4

« Reply #11226 on: June 24, 2020, 01:45:15 PM »

I'll add to the theory of dates/order numbers

5/8    - 76xxxx @HesaHeart
5/17  - 77xxxx Me (2 mystery boxes)
6/1    - 78xxxx @Jedi_Phoenix
6/23  - 79xxxx @Jedi_Phoenix

Seems legit to me. I can understand taking some time for custom orders. But I fail to really see how Mystery Boxes are delayed this long. I thought the point of a MB was a grab and go luck of the draw type thing. Especially the $75 variety. We've passed my Son's birthday, now Father's Day. I'm patiently waiting (and secretly hoping this will mean good things for MBs like I've read in the past during shortages), but I won't lie - if after 7+ weeks we get 2 very basic sabers there will be some disappointment.

Fatalis
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 60

Good..Bad...I'm the guy with the saber!

« Reply #11227 on: June 24, 2020, 02:23:17 PM »

Seems legit to me. I can understand taking some time for custom orders. But I fail to really see how Mystery Boxes are delayed this long. I thought the point of a MB was a grab and go luck of the draw type thing. Especially the $75 variety. We've passed my Son's birthday, now Father's Day. I'm patiently waiting (and secretly hoping this will mean good things for MBs like I've read in the past during shortages), but I won't lie - if after 7+ weeks we get 2 very basic sabers there will be some disappointment.

I agree! I have even purchased 4 US from private sellers since ordering my 2 Mystery and 1 custom order in early May. I have no issues with waiting, but after 4 emails from me in regards to updates and even changes, you can't respond once..... That is an issue

DOA40
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -19

Peace Is a Lie

« Reply #11228 on: June 24, 2020, 02:30:08 PM »

Mine was 79 as well and was ordered on June 20th and shipped out on the 23rd.  It was an Emperor's Hand Emerald Sound, just for clarification.

I can only speculate that because it has perhaps been a pretty popular saber, they already have a lot of the components for it made and all they had to do was slap it together, add the accessories, and ship it off.  Of course, this is all speculation on my part, because I can't see a logical reason why mine went out so fast while others are still waiting for other sabers.

When life gives you lemons, make apple juice and leave everyone wondering how in the hell you did that.

Current Blades Owned:

Arbiter-Basic Sound Mystery Box-Fire Orange

Dark Mantis-Basic Sound Saber-Violet Amethyst

Emperor's Hand-Emerald Sound Saber-Consular Green

Renegade LE-Premium Sound Saber-Blazing Red

Caspien
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 19

« Reply #11229 on: June 24, 2020, 02:32:35 PM »

Could ALSO be, that the system creates a ticket # for a potential order, as soon as someone adds something to a cart.. or clicks on the 'order' button.. just to see how much something will total up to be. Seen a lot of cart systems that will do that, too.

I ALSO suspect that's the case, because since this whole thing started, I've gone in a few times.. created a cart of items and options.. and then I'll get an email, later in the day with something akin to:

"It is your destiny...

The Force is calling to you, padawan...
Complete the purchase of your lightsaber & begin your training!
Do not worry, padawan.  We have saved your progress.
"

So their system is definitely saving orders that haven't been paid for (yet).

Another theory I've been wondering about, is if US is using an old Cartrocket version that had a bug, that if you ordered something, and then started another order, and never finished.. the first order would get placed into a weird sort of limbo... lost, until you placed another order.. then the system would produce BOTH into the customer panel it was installed into...  (Previous employer trialed Cartrocket for their online giftshop system, and it caused so many problems with the backend database for the ordering system... it was bailed on, within a couple of weeks, if memory serves)

~ Casp

Galef
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 209

Light side preferred, Dark side accepted

« Reply #11230 on: June 24, 2020, 02:41:55 PM »

Could ALSO be, that the system creates a ticket # for a potential order, as soon as someone adds something to a cart.. or clicks on the 'order' button.. just to see how much something will total up to be. Seen a lot of cart systems that will do that, too.

I ALSO suspect that's the case, because since this whole thing started, I've gone in a few times.. created a cart of items and options.. and then I'll get an email, later in the day with something akin to:

"It is your destiny...

The Force is calling to you, padawan...
Complete the purchase of your lightsaber & begin your training!
Do not worry, padawan.  We have saved your progress.
"

So their system is definitely saving orders that haven't been paid for (yet).

Another theory I've been wondering about, is if US is using an old Cartrocket version that had a bug, that if you ordered something, and then started another order, and never finished.. the first order would get placed into a weird sort of limbo... lost, until you placed another order.. then the system would produce BOTH into the customer panel it was installed into...  (Previous employer trialed Cartrocket for their online giftshop system, and it caused so many problems with the backend database for the ordering system... it was bailed on, within a couple of weeks, if memory serves)

~ Casp

That would make a lot more sense.

Also, regarding MBs, I suspect they ran out of their pre-built stock months ago (but possibly had a reserve stock specifically for their giveaways).
So MB orders (that weren't part of a giveaway) are in a long line of orders having to be made from scratch, just like custom orders.

While speculating can be fun, I definitely feel a bit more transparency would easy some anxiety. But they may just not have they staff to do it

-

Caspien
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 19

« Reply #11231 on: June 24, 2020, 03:37:55 PM »

Also, regarding MBs, I suspect they ran out of their pre-built stock months ago (but possibly had a reserve stock specifically for their giveaways).
So MB orders (that weren't part of a giveaway) are in a long line of orders having to be made from scratch, just like custom orders.

While speculating can be fun, I definitely feel a bit more transparency would easy some anxiety. But they may just not have they staff to do it

-

That may be, but what the customers see.. are giveaway people getting their 'free' boxes, when the paid customers are SOL.

The other issue is the amount of excuses that we all (I'm guilty of it, too) are giving them.. such as the fact we've all given them a 'pass' on their lack of communication, or responses to paying customers. In a customer facing industry, of any sort, if a company can't communicate with their paying customers on a very regular basis, then the company needs to to be called to task for it. Saying they don't have the staff for it is giving them WAAY too much leniency. A simple 'state of orders' communication on the board, or on the main site, would take 1-5 mins.. max... and no one will ever convince me that someone in a PR position, or OWNERSHIP position, doesn't have that amount of time on their hands. (heck.. post it while sitting on the can.. lol.. not like you can do much more, there, anyway Wink

Also.. if you can get in touch with a CSR at US, being told that orders are  only taking 4 weeks to process.. when many people's orders on here are much further out than that, already... is just an outright lie.

The final concern I have, is whether or not the covid issue has become a too convenient excuse for many companies, right now. It's too easy for a company to lay off employees (they get extra payments with unemployment), reduce spending across the board (not order as many supplies), and still collect the same amount of money for orders. For a lot of companies, this just translates into faster profits, which make their quarterly reports look amazingly good, 'In spite of covid'. (I'm actually referring to a company that makes safes, who was caught a few weeks ago, doing JUST that.. but I'm sure a lot of companies could/would have done this, too.)

As for the comments from everyone who have said relax, it's a hobby, etc...  The best way I can explain it, psychologically, is how it appears to many people..

See... 'hobby' or not.. the issue isn't WHAT is ordered.. the issue boils down to: 'I already gave them my money". Plain and simple.. that's it. People expect something when they pay a few hundred dollars for a product. When they pay for something, being told it's 4-5 weeks out, and then 7-8 weeks go by.. it feels an awful lot like being scammed. (even if it's not).

That customer becomes upset.. and rightfully so.  They were told their product would be there in 4-5 weeks... a deadline that the seller gave.. they set the expectation. But the vendor/company hasn't given any update to that customer, and now the customer reaches out to the vendor to see if they can provide some status update, or reason why they didn't mean their own deadline. After all, since purchasing that product, the customer has thought of 100 different things they could have already used that money on... even if frivolous, that is THEIR money, and what they now see, is that they have traded their money, for nothing more than a promise... and promises can be broken... Heck, the argument could be made, 1 promise (the delivery timeline) HAS already been broken by that vendor.

So, now the customer reaches out, for some assurance that they didn't make a foolish decision.. that they didn't actually give their money away to an uncaring entity.. who gave them nothing in return. But, instead of getting a reassuring pat on the head, and promise that 'Hey, we got your order.. and we're working on it, we've just been having a problem getting the right widget for your order..'... instead, the customer gets... Nothing. No email response.. no phone response.. no text... nothing.. they now feel like they've been ghosted by a company. So, the customer feels like they've been scammed.. had... tricked... they've been foolish with their money, and were parted from it.

THAT is why people are getting so upset.. they feel like they were promised 1 thing, and given something else entirely... and that something else they were given.. was 'Nothing'.

Will their orders arrive? Well.. that really depends. If you've ever been on the receiving end of a company going bankrupt, or closing shop, after having taken your money... you'd understand why so many of us are insistent upon timelines, and guarantees. But.. if you've ever watched the movie, 'Tommy Boy', you know what 'guarantees' often mean to people (and companies).

In most cases, people will still get what they ordered... sure.. but until they do.. the customer is the one that's standing there holding an empty bag.. there is no pressure on the company to make the customer happy... they're just another number.

Hopefully this explains a bit to those not understanding the logic/reasoning behind why some people get so twitchy about unfulfilled orders. (honestly, I don't think stuff like kickstarter and indiegogo have helped with this, since many of those tend to overpromise and under-deliver so often)

Heck, I'll freely admit.. if I'd not bought a couple US's second hand, while waiting for this.. I would be a little less patient than I have been... That said.. the constant radio silence, and lack of updates has got me more than a little annoyed, at this point... when a company rep can't take 5 mins to give updates to their customers.. that speaks volumes to me.

~ Casp

Faust1133
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #11232 on: June 24, 2020, 04:42:50 PM »

Thank you for verbilizing exactly how I feel but can't because I am too frustrated. I used to have a small company and everyday someone would have to answer emails and keep customers happy. US doesn't seem to do that very much.

Fatalis
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 60

Good..Bad...I'm the guy with the saber!

« Reply #11233 on: June 24, 2020, 05:15:05 PM »

That may be, but what the customers see.. are giveaway people getting their 'free' boxes, when the paid customers are SOL.

The other issue is the amount of excuses that we all (I'm guilty of it, too) are giving them.. such as the fact we've all given them a 'pass' on their lack of communication, or responses to paying customers. In a customer facing industry, of any sort, if a company can't communicate with their paying customers on a very regular basis, then the company needs to to be called to task for it. Saying they don't have the staff for it is giving them WAAY too much leniency. A simple 'state of orders' communication on the board, or on the main site, would take 1-5 mins.. max... and no one will ever convince me that someone in a PR position, or OWNERSHIP position, doesn't have that amount of time on their hands. (heck.. post it while sitting on the can.. lol.. not like you can do much more, there, anyway Wink

Also.. if you can get in touch with a CSR at US, being told that orders are  only taking 4 weeks to process.. when many people's orders on here are much further out than that, already... is just an outright lie.

The final concern I have, is whether or not the covid issue has become a too convenient excuse for many companies, right now. It's too easy for a company to lay off employees (they get extra payments with unemployment), reduce spending across the board (not order as many supplies), and still collect the same amount of money for orders. For a lot of companies, this just translates into faster profits, which make their quarterly reports look amazingly good, 'In spite of covid'. (I'm actually referring to a company that makes safes, who was caught a few weeks ago, doing JUST that.. but I'm sure a lot of companies could/would have done this, too.)

As for the comments from everyone who have said relax, it's a hobby, etc...  The best way I can explain it, psychologically, is how it appears to many people..

See... 'hobby' or not.. the issue isn't WHAT is ordered.. the issue boils down to: 'I already gave them my money". Plain and simple.. that's it. People expect something when they pay a few hundred dollars for a product. When they pay for something, being told it's 4-5 weeks out, and then 7-8 weeks go by.. it feels an awful lot like being scammed. (even if it's not).

That customer becomes upset.. and rightfully so.  They were told their product would be there in 4-5 weeks... a deadline that the seller gave.. they set the expectation. But the vendor/company hasn't given any update to that customer, and now the customer reaches out to the vendor to see if they can provide some status update, or reason why they didn't mean their own deadline. After all, since purchasing that product, the customer has thought of 100 different things they could have already used that money on... even if frivolous, that is THEIR money, and what they now see, is that they have traded their money, for nothing more than a promise... and promises can be broken... Heck, the argument could be made, 1 promise (the delivery timeline) HAS already been broken by that vendor.

So, now the customer reaches out, for some assurance that they didn't make a foolish decision.. that they didn't actually give their money away to an uncaring entity.. who gave them nothing in return. But, instead of getting a reassuring pat on the head, and promise that 'Hey, we got your order.. and we're working on it, we've just been having a problem getting the right widget for your order..'... instead, the customer gets... Nothing. No email response.. no phone response.. no text... nothing.. they now feel like they've been ghosted by a company. So, the customer feels like they've been scammed.. had... tricked... they've been foolish with their money, and were parted from it.

THAT is why people are getting so upset.. they feel like they were promised 1 thing, and given something else entirely... and that something else they were given.. was 'Nothing'.

Will their orders arrive? Well.. that really depends. If you've ever been on the receiving end of a company going bankrupt, or closing shop, after having taken your money... you'd understand why so many of us are insistent upon timelines, and guarantees. But.. if you've ever watched the movie, 'Tommy Boy', you know what 'guarantees' often mean to people (and companies).

In most cases, people will still get what they ordered... sure.. but until they do.. the customer is the one that's standing there holding an empty bag.. there is no pressure on the company to make the customer happy... they're just another number.

Hopefully this explains a bit to those not understanding the logic/reasoning behind why some people get so twitchy about unfulfilled orders. (honestly, I don't think stuff like kickstarter and indiegogo have helped with this, since many of those tend to overpromise and under-deliver so often)

Heck, I'll freely admit.. if I'd not bought a couple US's second hand, while waiting for this.. I would be a little less patient than I have been... That said.. the constant radio silence, and lack of updates has got me more than a little annoyed, at this point... when a company rep can't take 5 mins to give updates to their customers.. that speaks volumes to me.

~ Casp

Very well said and a point to you!

I really just want to know that my orders did not fall into some email/computer void due to their email issue. A simple.. " We are working on your order and sorry for the delay ", would be a great start. All I want is an acknowledgment to my email. I get no auto reply or anything.

Lumathiel
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #11234 on: June 24, 2020, 05:24:35 PM »

First-time customer. Ordered 2 mystery boxes on May 5th, and I'm still waiting. I sent an email at the 1 month mark (tried to be very polite and understanding because I'm sure they get enough crap), and got a response from a CSR last monday (6th weeks).

It was just a basic "hey, sorry, looks like your order didnt ship, give us a day or two to look at it" email, which I kind of understand, but it's hard not to be disappointed a week later with still nothing.

In my email I tried to see if the holdup was due to anything I picked being out of stock, so maybe we could change it, but nothing yet.

Thankfully, I dont have a deadline that I need these by, like some poor people in this topic, so the wait wont ruin anything (except my patience).

I just ordered an unstable blade sleeve from someone online that gave an estimate of 1-4 weeks, so it should be a fun little game trying to figure out what gets here first.

Saber Owned:
Dominix LE V2 - Fire Orange

Pages: 1 ... 747 748 [749] 750 751 ... 915   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: