Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 804 805 [806] 807 808 ... 915   Go Down
Author Topic: (im)Patiently waiting for my new _______!!!  (Read 2151335 times)
cfusionpm
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 16

« Reply #12075 on: July 15, 2020, 01:56:36 AM »

Probably another promo.  I agree, they shouldn't.   They should focus on getting caught up.  It would restore a little bit of the good will, for one thing.
I remember reading earlier here that most of their promos are planned months in advance (including paying for ads and other marketing things that are paid upfront), so they likely lock(ed) themselves in. 

But yeah, fingers crossed they don't have another one planned. I would hopefully like my Pre-ordered Princess before Christmas.  Cheesy

Black Empress - Blazing Red - Violet Amethyst FoC
Crimson Princess - Guardian Blue - Violet Amethyst FoC
Apprentice LE v5 - Sun Rider's Destiny - Silver FoC
Dark Initiate v4 - Stunt - Bane's Heart
Initiate v2 - Stunt - Guardian Blue

Galef
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 209

Light side preferred, Dark side accepted

« Reply #12076 on: July 15, 2020, 02:03:25 AM »

I remember reading earlier here that most of their promos are planned months in advance (including paying for ads and other marketing things that are paid upfront), so they likely lock(ed) themselves in. 
Which is fine except this particular backlog started MONTHS ago.
And most of their promos are copy/pastes from prior years, so it isn't like they'd have needed to invest much each time after the first.
Even if they'd lose the marketing/advertising money spent by canceling a promo, it would go a long way to helping to restore good will of the customers that are already waiting.

I guess we'll find out on Saturday

Gryphawoo
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #12077 on: July 15, 2020, 02:26:40 AM »

i was gonna get a bunch of stunt initiates for my family for Christmas so i hope they get caught up soon or i might have to go through the other guys at this rate haha

Galef
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 209

Light side preferred, Dark side accepted

« Reply #12078 on: July 15, 2020, 02:30:16 AM »

i was gonna get a bunch of stunt initiates for my family for Christmas so i hope they get caught up soon or i might have to go through the other guys at this rate haha
I recommend ordering Xmas saber BEFORE October just to be safe

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #12079 on: July 15, 2020, 03:04:17 AM »

This is a group of UltraSabers customers and fans, not a way to reach UltraSabers customer service.  Nobody here works for UltraSabers.  We can give advice, but we can’t provide specific information about your order because we don’t have access to any of that information.

ORDINARILY, you would probably have your saber in your hand already, because their turnaround time was typically 1-2 weeks.  Lots of us old-timers have that as our default experience with UltraSabers.  HOWEVER... in early December of last year, thanks to all the fan excitement surrounding the last Star Wars movie, a new Star Wars TV show that apparently should have been titled “Baby Yoda” instead, the release of a new Star Wars video game, the Christmas gift-giving season, and a winter sales promotion, they began to have so many orders that they fell behind.  In January, there started to be issues with parts and components, because of the COVID-19 issues in China, where some of the electronic parts are manufactured, and they fell a little more behind.  In February, the fallout from COVID-19 started to have effects here in the United States, and some of their more-local parts suppliers fell behind, not just the ones in China.  As time progressed, and as social-distancing measures needed to be put into effect in the workplace (causing more than the usual scheduling issues of getting the right technician, the right saber, the right parts, and the right tools all at the right workstation at the right time, multiplied across the multiple suppliers used), the backlog continued.  On May 25, they lost all their emails prior to that date, and that has caused its own issues.  They have staff working 24x7 trying to catch up from the backlog, and some progress is being made, but they are nowhere near back to normal yet.

Their overall delivery times have slipped quite a bit; although some folks still get their sabers in a week or two, some sabers take three or four weeks, and some take eight weeks or longer.  Note that the orders are NOT worked in a First-In-First-Out queue order; there are too many dependencies on various parts, technician skill sets, machine/workstation availability, and Lord-only-knows what else for that to be even close to efficient.  There have been entire books— heck, entire college courses— written on efficient manufacturing-process scheduling, so there’s no way I can give a full explanation here; just know that it’s very complicated.

The response times on the customer service emails have slipped quite a bit, too.  All I can say is to keep sending POLITE emails to [email protected] with your order number in the subject line, but I wouldn’t send an email every day; that will just clog up the Inbox and make it harder to find the emails that need an answer other than “Yes, we have your order, and it’s in the processing queue, but I can’t tell you when it will ship, because we are waiting on <fill_in_the_blank>.”  There’s nothing wrong with wanting an update, because you have sent them your money; just understand that right now, getting an update, or your saber, is going to take longer than normal, and longer than any of us would like.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

BriannaInkheart
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #12080 on: July 15, 2020, 05:52:50 AM »

I recommend ordering Xmas saber BEFORE October just to be safe

Sounds like a plan. Though it could accidentally happen that I order not only the presents but one saber for christmas for myself and one as a birthday treatment 'cuz this one is in september Cheesy
Such coincidence ...

Collection:
- Initiate v3 / consular green / stunt
- Liberator v3 / blazing red / stunt (MB)

Processing (order: June 10th):
- Fulcrum / Emerald w sound, RGBW, White Illuminated Silver AV Switch
- The Lost Grey / Emerald w sound, RGBW, White Illuminated Silver AV Switch
- Graflex SE / Guardian Blue, FoC Arctic Blue, Premium Obsidian Sound, Blue Illuminated Silver AV Switch
- 1x Grabbag
- 1x Initiate
- 1x MB

Wishlist:
well, there are certainly more to come!

EagleSentinel97
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #12081 on: July 15, 2020, 06:22:57 AM »

I really hope to receive the shipping notification soon, I mean I know its been only 5 weeks for me but I used to be really excited thinking about my lightsaber but after reading so many negative comments now I am just very worried. Sad Sad Sad Sad

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #12082 on: July 15, 2020, 07:48:57 AM »

Well, I did a vid. But not sure how US get notified of it if they don't read stuff here...

There is a walkthrough Somewhere around here...
There
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=35356.msg571072#msg571072

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

MercuryKungFu
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 110

Let It All Go. Fear, Doubt, And Disbelief

« Reply #12083 on: July 15, 2020, 08:31:15 AM »

It'll be my 3rd Dorinian I've got with free USPS this month that didn't break me or leave a dent. Man, are they ever this efficient?

New Dorinian in consular green with Shock pommel.

My first Fujifilm APC-C camera. Begging me to keep rolling.

aaronle1989
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -5

« Reply #12084 on: July 15, 2020, 09:32:07 AM »

im waiting on my order from 14th May was starting to get really concerned but then i just seen this thread so i know now that US are trying there best.
My last order only took two weeks so with this one being 2 months i thought it was just because i ordered a custom saber. I've emailed US but i've yet to hear back i did receive an email from shopperapproved asking if i received my order but on my account it still says processing, email siad i should contact US after 48hrs but seems they are just overwhelmed atm. I hope i get my sabers soon im still so excited i need something to perk me up after these last couple of months.

MercuryKungFu
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 110

Let It All Go. Fear, Doubt, And Disbelief

« Reply #12085 on: July 15, 2020, 09:41:00 AM »

Send Joshua an email. [email protected]
Marlena connected us. He usually replies within two or three days.

DarthTrav23
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -1

Chaotic Neutral to the core.

« Reply #12086 on: July 15, 2020, 02:11:42 PM »

TRACKING NUMBER SENT. SABER WILL BE HERE FRIDAY.

PLEASE SEND AN INHALER. I CANT BREATHE.

Currently awaiting

The Fallen - RGBW w/ diamond controller

HesaHeart
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

Adapt.Improvise and Overcome

« Reply #12087 on: July 15, 2020, 02:13:09 PM »

Here is 2 for this will be your hardest trial yet

( Light points when earned )

Various fan art and fiction
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?board=12.0

Own
 Dark Sentinel staff LE v4 - tri red

Wish list
Arbiter staff - blazing red-sound
Phantasm LE V4 staff - AS blade - stunt
Raven in staff setup - color ?? - stunt

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 223

Light side points preferred if I earn them....

« Reply #12088 on: July 15, 2020, 02:52:05 PM »

I really hope to receive the shipping notification soon, I mean I know its been only 5 weeks for me but I used to be really excited thinking about my lightsaber but after reading so many negative comments now I am just very worried. Sad Sad Sad Sad

Let's face it, a lot of the negative comments aren't without merit, but if you're at the 5 week mark, I wouldn't get worried; 6-8 weeks seems to be the average.  People have been waiting longer than that in some cases, yes, but in your case, I wouldn't start sending emails yet.  If by week 8, you've heard nothing, then start doing the once a week check-in.   Just my opinion.

Doing the best I can with what I've got...

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
The Fallen - Tri-cree Silver
Initiate V2 - Guardian Blue
Apprentice V4 - Fire Orange
Apprentice LE V5 - Blazing Red
Shock - Consular Green
Frankensaber "Emerald Fury" - Consular Green w/ Silver flash
Emperor's Hand - Violet Amethyst w/ silver flash
The Guardian - Guardian Blue w/ silver flash

FAMILY SABERS:
Aeon LE v5 - Tri-cree Guardian Blue
Archon v2.1 - Tri-cree Consular Green
Savior - Violet Amethyst
Manticore - Tri-cree Blazing Red
Princess (golden) - Violet Amethyst

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 223

Light side points preferred if I earn them....

« Reply #12089 on: July 15, 2020, 02:53:42 PM »

TRACKING NUMBER SENT. SABER WILL BE HERE FRIDAY.

PLEASE SEND AN INHALER. I CANT BREATHE.

Ahhh, this is the trial that makes a Padawan a Knight, LOL....

Doing the best I can with what I've got...

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
The Fallen - Tri-cree Silver
Initiate V2 - Guardian Blue
Apprentice V4 - Fire Orange
Apprentice LE V5 - Blazing Red
Shock - Consular Green
Frankensaber "Emerald Fury" - Consular Green w/ Silver flash
Emperor's Hand - Violet Amethyst w/ silver flash
The Guardian - Guardian Blue w/ silver flash

FAMILY SABERS:
Aeon LE v5 - Tri-cree Guardian Blue
Archon v2.1 - Tri-cree Consular Green