Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Ultra saber conversion help?  (Read 1140 times)
Darth Vilso
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: July 07, 2012, 03:39:12 AM »

Hey, sorry if I'm infringing on any of the rules by asking this here, I'm not entirely sure which section to post in (I'm new).
So here i go  Undecided ... Would i be able to switch the electronics that are in the body of my ultra saber, to another? (I have the Archon v2 with Sound, and red illuminated switch, buck puck)
Any help would be appreciated, thanks Smiley

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 04:40:24 AM »

You should not have any trouble doing that up to a point.  I am not sure how much of the electronics you are planning to switch out so I'll list my concerns.

1.  The illuminated switches are pressed fit into the hilt.  That makes them hard to remove.  I have dealt with guarded switches so that I have something to grab onto with my pliers to remove.  You risk scratching your hilt when removing the switch so be sure to use some painters (or freezer tape) to guard the finish of your hilt.

2.  The LED module is made for the hilt.  LED modules provided by other companies are not guaranteed to work.  I have seen posts about how TCSS LED units and US LED units don't cross hilts well.

3.  The Buck Puck is pretty much a standard sight in most sabers these days so a switch out is not a problem as long as you don't exceed the maximum mA for the LED you are using.

4.  I have listened to many of a YouTube video and seen some other sound sabers and in my honest opinion, it is hard to beat the sound quality you are going to get from the Obsidian.  If you are looking for more memory storage and the breathing effect, I know that there are some other boards that offer that option but for me, I want the sound to be rich, loud, and clear.  I also like the fact that you can mix the Obsidian sounds and change them around.  I just watched a video where someone was kind of disappointed because they bought a board with breathing effect and more memory but could not change the sounds that came with the board. 

I might have missed something in the electronics section and if so, just let me know.  After all, it is your saber and I am a strong advocate for people doing whatever they want with their own cred coins.  What were you thinking of doing to the saber if you don't mind me asking so that I'll have a better idea of what you are after?

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Darth Vilso
Force Sensitive

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 04:44:58 AM »

Thanks, very informative. Just to clarify, the internals will be compatible with other Ultra sabers?

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2012, 04:56:05 AM »

The sound board will work in any Ultrasaber that is listed on the main page as sound capable.  I would list them but that would be reinventing the wheel and they are quite numerous.

The illuminated switch fits into a 9/16" hole and the guarded switch fits into a 7/16" hole.  So if you are taking the switch to another hilt, make sure your hole is drilled to 9/16" if you are press fitting.  If you are using a control box, just make sure the hold on the box is 9/16". 

Ultra sabers uses 2 LED units.  On the DIY page, they have the units listed and in the description, they list the sabers that the units are compatible with.  Your unit in the Archon will fit into the following sabers:  Bane, War Glaive, Dark War Glaive, Arbiter, Dark Arbiter, Consular, Bellicose, Overlord, and Raven.

Darth Vilso
Force Sensitive

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2012, 05:06:59 AM »

Thanks again   Grin, and thanks for the quick reply

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2012, 05:18:50 AM »

I work graveyard shift in the Eastern Time Zone and this is what I do on my lunch break.  It is quite easy for me to keep up with things.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: